New Inner Sphere Resistance Pack

524 replies to this topic

#121 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

Oh these mechs look awesome! After buying a Wave 2(Tier 3) Package and investing in MC for my Loup de Guerre just recently I can justify the purchase(you got enough money from me :P). I'm looking greatly forward to their respective C-Bill releases, though. Also very curious about the stats of the mechs and which variants you gonna deliver!

#122 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostPooch, on 20 October 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

One Question. Why are these listed as Primes? None of these mechs are IS Omnis.

hero version with a unique paint job and camo along with the cbill bonus as all other "mechpack" preorders

anyway I am not one for really using ppcs on light mechs but MY GOD I am instantly inlove with that sexy looking panther.

#123 Milocinia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

View PostRadioKies, on 20 October 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

Awww man... when I think of Zeus I think of something other than the Zeus in de concept art posted...
I think of the conelike shoulders (>O<) and of the shoulders from mechcommander with the blades coming out of it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

The concept picture of the Zeus makes me think it will be like the Aweseome. Big fat and ugly. I loved the Awesome and Zeus in the previous mechwarrior games, but I would not touch the Awesome with a 10 foot pole. I hate to think the same will happen with the Zeus :( The Zeus and Awesome were 2 mechs that I was looking forward to the most after I saw the news about a new mechwarrior being released.

I say this because I care, I love how most of the mechs are designed in MWO. I really hope you change the look of the mech and this sentence gives me at least some hope: ,,Well they haven't modeled it yet for one''.

To be more specific, the concept art arms look like they consist of two parts and the shoulder consists of two parts, the upper and lower arm, what I like about the other Zeus pictures is the shoulder (one big cone) with only the lower arm attached to the shoulder, the lower arm being just a big case for a weapon system like LRM or a big PPC/AC20 cannon.

You may take my Ravens and Jagers, you may nerf the IS-AC20 even more, just please reconsider the Zeus appearance.

Yeah I thought the Zeus looked a little off. If you look closely you can still see the cones, they're just not as pronounced. Looks like it's been (so far) based on canon art and not how it's been rendered over time.

Will have to wait for Alex's official mock ups though. Whatever design cues he takes, they'll look amazing.

#124 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

I recommend everyone save their final verdict on these 'mechs until we see how the quirk system differentiates them. I remain skeptical but the quirk system has the potential to change the way we critique/screen 'mechs in this game.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 20 October 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#125 Errant Variable

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

As an avid Blackjack pilot, I am quite curious about the Enforcer. So much could be done with those extra five tons.

The rest of the mechs, though... iconic, but likely painfully underwhelming.

#126 Archon Adam Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 344 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:50 PM

Awww man... when I think of Zeus I think of something other than the Zeus in de concept art posted...
I think of the conelike shoulders (>O<) and of the shoulders from mechcommander with the blades coming out of it.

The blade-like shoulders are on the ZEU-9X, which comes out FAR ahead of our current time line. Do not expect to see it (and I think they look silly - they'd also count as part of a hit-box, which would be REALLY bad).

The art-work is close, but never quite matches the actual end design. I wouldn't fret yet. PGI has learned a great deal about hit-boxes, but some 'mechs are just bigger, broader, or 'less efficiently hit-boxed' than others because of what they were designed, in lore, to look like. Too many alterations by PGI, and the design becomes unrecognizable.

#127 Alex Iglesias

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 131 posts
  • LocationMech Hangar

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:51 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

The concept picture of the Zeus makes me think it will be like the Aweseome. Big fat and ugly. I loved the Awesome and Zeus in the previous mechwarrior games, but I would not touch the Awesome with a 10 foot pole. I hate to think the same will happen with the Zeus :( The Zeus and Awesome were 2 mechs that I was looking forward to the most after I saw the news about a new mechwarrior being released.

I say this because I care, I love how most of the mechs are designed in MWO. I really hope you change the look of the mech and this sentence gives me at least some hope: ,,Well they haven't modeled it yet for one''.

To be more specific, the concept art arms look like they consist of two parts and the shoulder consists of two parts, the upper and lower arm, what I like about the other Zeus pictures is the shoulder (one big cone) with only the lower arm attached to the shoulder, the lower arm being just a big case for a weapon system like LRM or a big PPC/AC20 cannon.

You may take my Ravens and Jagers, you may nerf the IS-AC20 even more, just please reconsider the Zeus appearance.

Well, the no joint shoulder cones bolted deep into the torso look was unique to MW4. The look i was going for was based more on the ol' TRO art which does show more of a clear joint amidst the should cones
http://www.sarna.net...50_Zeus.jpg.png
http://www.sarna.net...5_Zeus1.jpg.png
http://www.sarna.net...0U_Zeus.jpg.png

Additionally the fins from mechcommander 2 are technically unique to a later in the timeline high tech version of the zeus and were not present on earlier variants.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Zeus_X

#128 JoolNoret

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:54 PM

11/10 Will buy.
Very cool. Perfect timing too, payday clears the bank tomorrow :-) Thanks PGI!!!

#129 Knt Maverick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Corporal
  • Corporal
  • 111 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:54 PM

I've not seen a single posting yet, other than the "what is the light mech?" question at the top.... I'd have to say, Panther, Vindicator, Grasshopper, Zeus.

I know the Light, Heavy, and Assault, and I'm fairly certain that's the Vindy in the Medium.

---EDIT--- Went back and read it.. :(.. i was wrong.. it's the Enforcer. Similar style chassis, though. As always AWESOME work on the concepts.

--P.S, Quick question, if I may. I'm makeing a collections of all the BattleTech/Mechwarrior mechs out there. I've already got the entire CCG collections (.jpg of course). I have most of the concepts that you guys have released in the Media--and some "non-officials" as well.-- I was wondering if you'll be releasing ALL your concepts, to date, in JPG/PNG form, so we can use them as our Desktop backgrounds? The "Media/Concepts" sections doesn't have them all. I really love the artwork and the realistic/ruggish design that's been adopted to them.

Edited by Knt Maverick, 20 October 2014 - 03:59 PM.

#130 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:55 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 20 October 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

Yes one of the main purposes was to give you a package that would qualify you for the King Crab.

since I have both full clan packs, if I order this, do i get 2 crabs?

will order wed regardless...want that light mch

Edited by Bigbacon, 20 October 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#131 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

View PostNightmare1, on 20 October 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

Nice, although I will dearly miss my beloved Black Knight. I really look forward to seeing these Mechs hit the field!

By the way, what's a "Faction Pack" and would would someone need six of them? Are these going to be like the Hanging Medallions for the Phoenix Pack, with a Loyalty Point bonus?

Faction pack is the faction themed camo/color scheme and bonus items; look at the Clan wave 2 for the clan example.

For IS there needs to be six:
Steiner
Davion
Kurita
Liao
Marik
Rasalhague

Edited by EgoSlayer, 20 October 2014 - 03:57 PM.

#132 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

View PostAlex Iglesias, on 20 October 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Well, the no joint shoulder cones bolted deep into the torso look was unique to MW4. The look i was going for was based more on the ol' TRO art which does show more of a clear joint amidst the should cones
http://www.sarna.net...50_Zeus.jpg.png
http://www.sarna.net...5_Zeus1.jpg.png
http://www.sarna.net...0U_Zeus.jpg.png

Additionally the fins from mechcommander 2 are technically unique to a later in the timeline high tech version of the zeus and were not present on earlier variants.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Zeus_X

Yeah, I was going to say that your rendition was pretty spot-on to what I always pictured. I mean, the original art from the 3025 book:

Posted Image

That's pretty awesome work, Alex. Now do the same for the Hatchetman! :D

#133 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:56 PM

View PostKnt Maverick, on 20 October 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

I've not seen a single posting yet, other than the "what is the light mech?" question at the top.... I'd have to say, Panther, Vindicator, Grasshopper, Zeus.

I know the Light, Heavy, and Assault, and I'm fairly certain that's the Vindy in the Medium.

The Vindicator is already in-game, lol.

The original post of this thread gives the mech list if you read. You got 3/4 right (the medium is the Enforcer).

#134 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:56 PM

Good choice in mechs, can't wait until Wednesday for high(er)-rez images as of right not I'm sure how I feel about the look of the Panther or Grasshopper.

I'm still hoping the Mauler comes out soon outside of any mech pack!

#135 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:57 PM

Just 1 question before I buy the whole pack Russ.

Does the Zeus come with a Binary Laser Cannon? = D

Edited by Alwrath, 20 October 2014 - 03:59 PM.

#136 Pooch

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:00 PM

hero version with a unique paint job and camo along with the cbill bonus as all other "mechpack" preorders

This terminology only refers to the core/main variant of an omnimech, andhas never been used for IS mechs before.

#137 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:00 PM

Give the Panther a PPC quirk that lets it fire in close (it's supposed to be a good city fighter) and perhaps some form of weakened ECM that only affects itself. (Panther = stealthy right?)

Otherwise it's dead in the water vrs the Jenner...slower and fewer HPs.

This mech is reeally going to need some helpful quirks, the engine is tiny. (slower than base clan lights...)

#138 Stingersun

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

Zeus i like, grasshopper is meh cause i wanted the black knight but i like the idea of a hoppin heavy, but the panther is a big letdown. really want a wolfhound. a wolfhound would have sold the entire pack to me

#139 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

Greetings all,

Holy Carp! Alex,

That's twice in the last few days we've see the Mech master designer himself show his presence.
- Good to see that you still live and read the threads.

Any chance that your boss's will allow you to post concept art of the latest Mech's, it's been some time since we saw any new work.

Sidebar:
- Why can't any of the game Mech's extend there arm out straight to fire?
(we see it all the time in concept art and from the Lore, but never modeled.)

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 20 October 2014 - 04:07 PM.

#140 Killer Koala 72

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 57 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:04 PM

Wehlp...there's another 80 bucks i'll be having to explain to the missus :)

Love the Zeus, can't wait for the Blacknight, but what I really want is......

Hatchetman!!!!!

I can dream can't I !!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users