388 replies to this topic

#141 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostMott, on 21 October 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Not asking for cash... hell, not even asking for MC. Just asking to have my mech bays open for mechs i'd actually use.

Complaining I can't get rid of a freebie is not complaining about the freebie. I appreciate the gesture. I just don't want them taking up space.

Well, you got a FREE mechbay with it, too...so it's not like it ate up something you already had lol.

Don't go to a party, ditch the cake and steal the plate ;)

Edited by Ghost Badger, 21 October 2014 - 11:54 AM.

#142 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 21 October 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

Well, you got a FREE mechbay with it, too...so it's not like it ate up something you already had lol.

Don't go to a party, ditch the cake and steal the plate ;)

I steal plates and glassware from parties and restaurants often. I see no reason to change my ways for MWO. *pout*

#143 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:01 PM

View PostMott, on 21 October 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

Silly mechwarrior. Don't you read the forums? Haven't you learned that the problem is the cowardly assaults hiding in the rear too long, too often and thus they're isolated and easily killed?

B)

For the most part it is true, but sadly when I pilot an assault mech I can never catch up at 54 kph. I usually run into from the start in the all assault lance on the edge of the formation. From their all other friendly mechs run opposit direction from us forcing us to move across open area to cut down the distance. Either we get swarmed before we group up with the mediums and lights that rushed off OR they all run into the enemy and die while we are still trying to get to them. Thus the issue of a lack of team work because of the move in a circle on every map mentality.

#144 R4wdigga

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 21 posts
  • LocationZittau, Saxony, Germany

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:05 PM

Gotta reverse my statement about the rewards, they seem to be ridiculously low.
Been playing a few games now, and if I get steamrolled in a PUG (which happens alot
due to 3 Atlai-S and 3 CN9-AH in almost every game :) ) I average about 25000 C-Bills.
I try to play in a supportive way, stick to my team, spot, assist and stuff, but the C-Bill rewards
feel like a joke. I think there will be some number-tuning necessary

Edith: but the CN9-AH looks great!

Edited by R4wdigga, 21 October 2014 - 12:08 PM.

#145 Janitor101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:06 PM

What on earth is going on with the Centurion's missile hardpoints? Why does the stock LRM10 have a large chunk of random armor on the ride of it (where it doesn't need it to maintain the shape of the side torso) while there's a large open flat space under the new LRM Launcher where the old LRM launcher was.
That large totally flat space is ugly as all hell.

So my question is this: when the Weapon Arm size issues are corrected (please for the love of god fix the AL, the tiny laser ports look stupid with a large laser installed), will the missile ports get shifted around so they take up a reasonable amount of space and not leave a huge ugly gaping opening to a completely flat part of the model leftover from the old LRM10?
And if not, why not?

Edited by Janitor101, 21 October 2014 - 12:06 PM.

#146 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:11 PM

View PostJaz 249, on 21 October 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

Fixed JJ's on the kitfox make the thing totaly pointless now - what the heck was the piont?

Same with he timberwolf, WHY PGI WHY???

If it aint broke PLEASE do not "fix" it - Terrible Idea!!

Swap legs to the ones without JJs. Though I confess losing the side torso MGs can suck.

#147 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

On a side note...

Here's my idea for some CN9-AH builds.
LBX + AC/5 -- fantastic weaponset for my Yen Lo Wang, should work here. Bit heavy and the lack of a shielded left side may prove to be a problem.

LBX or AC/10 + Twin MGs. Nasty stuff. Accompany with streaks or light LRMs.

Gauss + twin MGs + Streaks. Because I'm mean. (Old classic).

Triple AC/2.

Twin AC/5s + AC/2 (not practical but funny).

Anything + LRMs. Because rawr.

Narc + Streak + LRM + triple MG. Because SILENCE! I'll keel you!

#148 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

Wow people are now being un greatful ...

#149 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 21 October 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

Tuning
  • Added LRM-5 heat scale. Linked to all LRMs. This is for both Clan and IS. All Clan and IS PPCs now have a 7.0 heat scale multiplier.

Okay, overall, I'm really lovin' this patch! However, I am curious; what exactly is this heat scale multiplier? I know that there is currently a heat multiplier on the PPCs, but I do not know what it is off the top of my head. Is this an increase or a decrease to my PPC heat? I really hope it is a decrease considering all of the recent PPC nerfs and the current laser hit reg issues.

Many thanks to whoever answers this! :)

#150 Thango

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

way to hose the Timber Wolf and force JJ on people that don't use them.

#151 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostMott, on 21 October 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Not asking for cash... hell, not even asking for MC. Just asking to have my mech bays open for mechs i'd actually use.

Complaining I can't get rid of a freebie is not complaining about the freebie. I appreciate the gesture. I just don't want them taking up space.

The free cake you were given was on a free plate. If you return the cake, you gotta return the plate, too. What's so hard to understand there? Saying you want the mech bay is the same as saying you want to return the cake and want the money for the plate.

That Atlas is SIIIICK, will it be available for cbills ever?? It's a brawler's dream come true.

Edited by TexAss, 21 October 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#152 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:28 PM

I agree and would happily give the mech bay back as well. I will not need IS mechs in my mech bay. Not that the thought doesn't count. Much props to PGI on this patch and the 2 free mechs for the ones that will use them.

#153 Feindfeuer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNew Hessen

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:29 PM

Where is the eye-laser on my reward Atlas? :(

#154 TamerSA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:33 PM

lol... every time I think this community has reached it's lowest... proven wrong again.

The 2 loyalty mechs look great. Love the camo and the hardpoints on the Atlas isn't bad. I'm going with 4 SRM6s, an AC20 and LLs because B)

Also not complaining about the Centurion, since the camo is great and I could use some hero variants to alternate from my Misery and Timber Wolf Prime(I).

Keep up the good work PGI, can't wait for my Clan mechs and that Crab :D

#155 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 21 October 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

Okay, overall, I'm really lovin' this patch! However, I am curious; what exactly is this heat scale multiplier? I know that there is currently a heat multiplier on the PPCs, but I do not know what it is off the top of my head. Is this an increase or a decrease to my PPC heat? I really hope it is a decrease considering all of the recent PPC nerfs and the current laser hit reg issues.

Many thanks to whoever answers this! :)

Standard PPCs do not show any heat difference for 3 fired at once. So nothing happened there.
ER PPCs have apparently been standardized (Clan ER PPCs used to get extra heat, now they get the same as IS; IS ER PPC heat seems to be down a tad too. Or up. Not sure. Ghost heat mind you).

#156 I_AM_ZUUL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:35 PM

So CBill and XP rewards were severely nerfed... adding in cool new "supportive" rewards doesnt overcome the negatives to being in a Assualt now. I relied a lot on Savior Kill & Turrets for XP grinding but cant now. Flanking or Brawler is not really possible, using TAG is almost out of the question, and the Formation requires a reliance upon others in my team to get by me cause i cant get by them. so please fine tune these things to weight class. I've posted multiple times in the past about how adding a scaler effect so Lights get a bigger bonus for spotting/TAGging would make it worth it to them to do it.

I'm not even cracking 200k in cbills these past matches with +600 damage 3 kills with premium AND mech bonus. LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by I_AM_ZUUL, 21 October 2014 - 12:36 PM.

#157 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostTamerSA, on 21 October 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

lol... every time I think this community has reached it's lowest... proven wrong again.

The 2 loyalty mechs look great. Love the camo and the hardpoints on the Atlas isn't bad. I'm going with 4 SRM6s, an AC20 and LLs because B)

Also not complaining about the Centurion, since the camo is great and I could use some hero variants to alternate from my Misery and Timber Wolf Prime(I).

Keep up the good work PGI, can't wait for my Clan mechs and that Crab :D

There is precisely one complaint about the camo for me. It's lore-friendly to a specific unit, but what if I'm not part of said unit? Kinda prevents it from becoming a possible faction camo.

But beyond that, they do look fantastic. ^_^ The angels are paintable, too.

#158 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Holy mother of god

AS7-S

#159 Thango

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

View PostI_AM_ZUUL, on 21 October 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

So CBill and XP rewards were severely nerfed... adding in cool new "supportive" rewards doesnt overcome the negatives to being in a Assualt now. I relied a lot on Savior Kill & Turrets for XP grinding but cant now. Flanking or Brawler is not really possible, using TAG is almost out of the question, and the Formation requires a reliance upon others in my team to get by me cause i cant get by them. so please fine tune these things to weight class. I've posted multiple times in the past about how adding a scaler effect so Lights get a bigger bonus for spotting/TAGging would make it worth it to them to do it.

I'm not even cracking 200k in cbills these past matches with +600 damage 3 kills with premium AND mech bonus. LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude the name of the game is "force players to spend real money". Either by buying MC and/or buying Mechs that get nerfed to hell and back. I would gladly support this game by spending money, but with every lame patch moves me further way from playing this and wanting to go back to blizzard for the upcoming xpack.

Edited by Thango, 21 October 2014 - 12:50 PM.

#160 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostKoniving, on 21 October 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

Standard PPCs do not show any heat difference for 3 fired at once. So nothing happened there.
ER PPCs have apparently been standardized (Clan ER PPCs used to get extra heat, now they get the same as IS; IS ER PPC heat seems to be down a tad too. Or up. Not sure. Ghost heat mind you).

Nice, thanks Koniving!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users