388 replies to this topic

#361 Boyka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostIyica de Tylmarande, on 22 October 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

It's only a nerf if you're a suicide farmer or an average/bad player. I find you get more if you do well.

That's true but for doing well all have to doing well too or you're all stomped and in pug match is not too rare..

#362 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 22 October 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

Many people are willing to actually LISTEN when I do so

None of the 3 people I have talked to in this topic lately have shown any inclination to do so

So why bother?

Try taking a look at your own posts

You qualify for that douchebag comment just as much as I do

After all - even by your own words there are non-douchy ways to do it

And yet you have shown no more inclination to use them than you have accused me of

"Those who live in glass houses" and all that

You will notice though

I have not been the one claiming moral superiority

I have admitted that I have been less than decent here

To bad you cannot claim the same

...Is this...is this poetry?

#363 Zesaric

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

View PostFirewuff, on 21 October 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Love it all except returnin to the home page not the Mech lab. I dont use the home page EVER except to sell gear about once every 3 months. its useless.

Honestly I'd much rather see the home, mech lab and skills all consolidated. why when I have a mech selected in the lab do I need to go and search for it again in the skills page. its a really **** design. The home page is 90% redundant.

Well said - that's an exact description of the current situation. PGI, please consider Firewuff's proposal of consolidating Home+Mechlab+Skills, that would be a substantial improvement in usability and UI efficiency.

#364 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostIyica de Tylmarande, on 22 October 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

It's only a nerf if you're a suicide farmer or an average/bad player. I find you get more if you do well.

I tend to play aggressively, and my KDR reflects that in that I die a lot. Why? Because I'm often at the front of the charge, play in high risk light modes, or are willing to take damage for the team. Usually I can still put together a good game before I die, and I have an excellent winning percentage (Well, over 50% at least), but the new rewards mean that many of the things that I've done to help my team win actually penalize me more than they used to.

In PUG matches, I'd drop in a light, play agressively, end with 0-4 kills (usually 1), 200-500 damage, and a bunch of assists, as well as dropping a UAV, die because of it, drop out and hop into another PUG match. That method of play, which helped my team, has had it's earnings nerfed tremendously, and not because it wasn't helping my team win.

Not aggressively was not suicidal. I'd be living dangerous, but generally not playing stupid. I wouldn't do it in the group queue because groups handle that better, but at the same time, I had teammates to count on there, so it wasn't needed.

#365 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 22 October 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

...Is this...is this poetry?

I have no idea :lol:
It did kinda have a rhythm though

#366 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 22 October 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

I have no idea :lol:
It did kinda have a rhythm though

it does... somehow...?

#367 Hawky4s

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

Hi,

please reconsider the dropping to home screen after match. I really liked to get back into mechlab after the fight.
The home screen mech chooser is not userfriendly.

#368 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:54 AM

like the system
winning nets 10% or more than before patch,
but losing nets 40-50% less that before patch,
is this intended?

also problem with solo kill
all in all with Kill, kill damage, solo kill, component destruction ect.
the killing player nets 25,000 or more per kill,

wail kill assists have gone down from 6,500 to 2,500,
if this is to stay this value can we have it cycle like flanking?
as i feel that would balance out the rewards better in general,

thoughts?

#369 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostHawky4s, on 22 October 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

Hi,

please reconsider the dropping to home screen after match. I really liked to get back into mechlab after the fight.

I second this. Dropping back to the mechlab is preferred, and would be even better if it dropped you into the tab you had open (so if you had selected Mediums and then dropped, it would dump you back into your mediums tab after the match). Leaving you back at Home is dumb and I'm not sure why anybody would want this.

The added configure button on the home screen for your last-played mech is very welcome to stay, though.

I also like the reward system, but as posted in the feedback thread for it, the numbers need to be buffed a bit. The best case scenario seems to be that a few players get a little more cbills and xp, but the majority are experiencing less for one or both by a decent amount.

#370 Kino

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:32 PM

Hello , PGI ! Please turn back that thing with jumpjets on TIMBER-S . I don`t like jumpjets and I don`t use them on my timber , so why must I suffer with unuseful 5 tons ?

#371 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostHawky4s, on 22 October 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

Hi,

Rather than that, please allow us to make the selection of the location in the interface we would like to drop back to?

#372 Zesaric

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM

View PostJTSR, on 22 October 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

um no insult intended to you personally....

No insult intended to you personally either, I gladly reply to your comments:

1) "because i would hate to see how difficult you find doing anything in real life that's the case"
My real life is so packed with family and my various responsibilities at work and in the community that in my scarce spare time I prefer playing games and not clicking through bad user interfaces.

2) "or would you prefer they re integrate the trial Mechs to where all the Mechs are?"
No I wouldn't, removing the trial mechs was one of PGI's best moves ever. The next best move could be to make sure that all areas in the GUI serve a purpose and are user-friendly. From my point of view that's not the case right now.

3) "point being things are separate for a reason it means changes to those separate areas becomes obvious to the user ASAP"
I'm all for keeping things separate if it makes sense that they are. Having a Home Screen (where you select and configure a mech) and a Mechlab (where you select and configure a mech) does not make sense.

4) "just gamers with no physical skills or mental capacity beyond Nintendo 24"
I've played organized basketball as a power forward for 17 years so I guess my physical skills are sufficient for an extra mouse click. As for my mental capacity, it has helped me to achieve quite a few things in life so I presume it goes beyond Nintendo 24. I hope you can say the same about your mental capacity.

5) "after all your all crying about an extra mouse click."
I'm not crying about the extra mouse click, because the extra mouse click won't keep me from continuing to play the game. I'm trying to make suggestions to improve it. If people like you did the same instead of unsuccessfully trying to bash people in the forums, the game would be even better than it is now.

Think about it - and try to be respectful and helpful to people in future! It helps, you will see in given time.

Edited by Zesaric, 22 October 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#373 FelixBlucher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:32 PM

I love the look of the new Atlas and Centurion, they are so shiny. :-)

#374 Firewuff

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostWorm Seraphin, on 21 October 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

Anyone have graphics issues with this patch?
My fps is up by about 30% on the same lower settings as before, but my heat and night vision give me a black screen with only the IFF arrows over where the mechs should be, but nothing else.

Had 2 -3 crashes and more annoyingly a lot of severe frame rate drops, from 60+ FPS to 15 for 2-3 seconds then back again... noyl since the last patch has it been frequent.

View PostBront, on 22 October 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

Keep in mind, lance formation only applies while someone is taking or giving fire.

I really dont like the Lance reward. it benefits the premades more than Pugs as we are often in a mixed lance and hard to coordinate. no poit brawlers standing close to an LRM boat

Also the TAG bonus can be be totally run up to the max. Put a Tag on your DW (sure its got at least one spare hard point, leave it on and shoot stuff. if you tag a mech yourself and fire at it with ANYTHING you still get the bonus... kind of pointless.

#375 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostIyica de Tylmarande, on 22 October 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

Except its not kill based. I've got games with 4-5 kills but really I was just the guy that 1 shot the already crippled enemy. Came out with something like 80k C-bills only. On another game where I had 0 kills I managed to rack up 200k C-bills. The new system TREMENDOUSLY rewards you for simply staying with your group since all the proximity/defence/saviour stuff REALLY adds up.

Also I think the MWO player base is too spoilt and have crazy ideas of what constitutes grind. Getting enough IP to buy a champion in League of Legends is a grind. Missioning in Eve Online is a grind. Leveling in your average fantasy RPG is a grind. Earning enough c-bills in MWO to buy a new mech (assuming the new mech isn't a Direwolf) is by comparison quite easy and fast.

Well that is a good argument, I agree with most of that. It doesn't seem to have much to do with what I wrote though.

My point was that since good and bad in relation to a skill average are functions of each other, it is nonsensical to suggest that problems afflicting bad players should be solved by them getting good. The kill example was just an example where it is very easy to see it.

Torrent communities often suffer from the same fallacy in discussions about seed/leech ratio, some sites even have rules that kick you out if your ratio is too low. And many people seem to miss the simple fact that a high ratio is directly dependent on low ratios.

Now whether the MWO community is spoilt or not...I have to argue that the only purpose of a video game is entertainment, and the only measure of success is in the positive experience of the users. If there is a significant portion of the players not having fun that is a direct failure of the game, and the experience of good players aren't worth more than the experience of bad players in this regard. It is not whether things are grindy or not that is the issue, it is whether it is fun and whether that fun is reasonably accessible to all players.

#376 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

Just to chip in on the earnings thang.

I noted Sereglach mentions it is divided half half in the thread between gainers and losers. I would guess that may be directly linked to which part of the ELO curve you are on.

I lose more games than I win, have since closed Beta and that is not set to change. 2 years of performance data make me doubt I am going to magically jump to the other side of the skill curve and start coining it. And my earnings are very depressed so far. So much so that a match score in the 40's (That is where I top out) on a losing match earns in the lower 40k's. This was actually my best game so far. And this is using the Sparky hero mech.

As is my average earnings prior to this were only 65k a match, using a hero mech a significant part of the time. There is a PGI stat from way back floating around in my head that at one stage average meant 75k. So this is, in my personal case, simply unbearable.

While I am all for a bit of wait and see, I do not have the love of the game I had in 2012 that made me tolerate taking months to master Jenners. In those days it was the XP bottleneck, now it is both money and XP. Simply not on. And I do not care what "the grind" is in EvE or LoL. Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Currently I consider 3 hours wasted idling around on facebook of all things a better use of my time. Simple Fact: The 200k earners need to be aware they are part of a very small club. Good for you, but please get a bit real.

#377 Defender Rococo Rockfowl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 121 posts
  • LocationYou might be having more fun playing post-apocalyptic survival game Miscreated

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:27 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 22 October 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

Please, PLEASE, pretty p l e a s e make a hot fix that fixes the now {bad word meaning crappy and generally no good} PPC velocity. Increase it.
Please.

#378 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:26 AM

I think this patch has improved my fps on my laptop which is a good thing. Something to do with the AA probably. But the downside is my mechs look god awful in low res. A worthwhile trade off though for smoother gameplay. I can just get under 30fps on my not so game orientated Asus x54h so thats a good thing really. As i leave my desktop game rig to handle it properly.

As for the low earnings thing i took my commando 2d with ecm and tag out last night to see if the patch really does favour lights with tags. The rewards thing went mental at one point with tag this, tag kill that, tag lock ecm counter blah blah blah and all the meaningless overly complicated and unnecessary rewards we have now. Last man standing lost all my arms side torso's and weapons bar one streak face to face with a raven 3l nothing i could do we lost only got 45k!

Edited by mad kat, 23 October 2014 - 12:34 AM.

#379 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:00 AM

Hotfix looks nice. Looking forward to the increased rewards!

#380 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 22 October 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

Many people are willing to actually LISTEN when I do so

None of the 3 people I have talked to in this topic lately have shown any inclination to do so

So why bother?

Try taking a look at your own posts

You qualify for that douchebag comment just as much as I do

After all - even by your own words there are non-douchy ways to do it

And yet you have shown no more inclination to use them than you have accused me of

"Those who live in glass houses" and all that

You will notice though

I have not been the one claiming moral superiority

I have admitted that I have been less than decent here

To bad you cannot claim the same

Replacing people's own posts with your own text isn't helping your cause just saying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users