16 replies to this topic

#1 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:11 PM

I'm having a heck of a time getting anything going with this Misery. I'm getting worse KDR and damage per match than my BlackJack. :unsure: Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

#2 themoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 589 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

The Misery is god-tier Mech. Load up a big ballistic (AC20 or Gauss), throw some big lasers in the naturally amazingly high Stalker arm mounts (ERLLs, LLs, PPCs, etc.), and wreck everything.

I'm not even that good of a pilot and get games like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by themoob, 15 September 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#3 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:34 AM

This is the loadout I've been using

Posted Image

I just can't seem to break 300 damage with it. Is there trick to piloting it? I have most of my play time in a BlackJack or K2, so it could just need some different tactics that I don't know yet.

#4 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:41 AM

You want a bigger engine, the largest standard it will hold, try swapping the ppcs for LL, ditch the medium on the CT and it should fit. Alternatively you coukd drop all three lasers and son heat sinks to fit it. The bigger engine also speeds up torso twisting..

#5 TimePeriod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 548 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationI'm out gardening, back in 10.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:53 AM

300 STD
AC20/Gauss
ASRM6
LPL x2
2 ML

Go to town.

#6 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:10 AM

For maximum efficiency, stack the left side heavily to use the entire right as a shield. Even stripping the right arm is a good idea if it holds no weapons. Base the thing on an AC20 or Gauss (with C.A.S.E.), and fill her up with 2 PPCs or 3 (ER)LLs plus lots of heatsinks. STD275 through 300 depending on the specific weapon choice. Ignore missiles except for trolling (e.g. NARC).

#7 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

This is my build (I used up that 1 ton somehow, but this is the general idea).

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e155acafedca8e3

Absolutely ferocious.

#8 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:58 AM

I kept pretty close to stock. Swapping Large L to ER LL for some stand of sniping at beginning of battle. Also changed Gauss to AC20.

Get in close SRM6, 4 ML and AC20 make mince meat out of enemies.

But haven't played in awhile need to get another one to Master them.

#9 themoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 589 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:00 PM

yeah follow above suggestions for builds. then as for playing, use your high arm mounts to hide behind ridges, be careful not to get left behind cos even with a big engine you're ******* slow, and aim for other big targets. you don't have the torso twist to chasing lights or even fast mediums.

#10 Anassi

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:44 PM

View PostMogney, on 16 September 2014 - 04:41 AM, said:

You want a bigger engine, the largest standard it will hold, try swapping the ppcs for LL, ditch the medium on the CT and it should fit. Alternatively you coukd drop all three lasers and son heat sinks to fit it. The bigger engine also speeds up torso twisting..

He is missing Endo Steel Structure. You actually have the crit slots left over to get it and I would get it ASAP, as it should allow you to easily fit a STD300. I would never drop a zombie laser if I can get one, especially considering the Stalker's side torsos are vulnerable and you may get stick'd here and there.

I also stack my long range weapons on the right side and my short range on the left. That way I can use my right side to shield and still brawl as well as at the start of the match even when I lose my right ST.

#11 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

Many thanks to you all! I upgraded to Endo, put in a 300 std, and stacked my ppc's on my right arm and the have definitely seen improvement. Now once I get more experience with this mech, I think it will be epic. :)

#12 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:05 AM

Std 300 engine.
2 er large lasers
AC20 4t ammo
Srm 6 2t ammo
Max armour.Tank like a moforian.Master it coz it's a brutal mech.

#13 Blackwolf 1 1

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:27 AM

I've had my Misery for a long time, the stalker was my first assault mech. I played with a friends Misery one afternoon and snapped one up the moment I got home. My build is built purely for brawling, so as match engagement ranges have gone up it's become less consistent. But when I can get in close with it, it's a beast. Definitely agree with the above statement about not giving up the zombie hardpoint, I've gotten a bunch of kills when my sides get blown off.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...echlab#modified

I tend to prefer pulse lasers when I can since they have a shorter burn time, and having this Large pulse gives me a little range. It's kind of a toss up on ammo preference, but I tend to go with an extra ton of AC20 over AMS. I've had brutal, brutal matches in this mech. Average 400-500 damage, but also 3-5 kills most of the time. Hope you find something that works for you. :) Welcome to the family!

#14 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:52 PM

I left my weapons stock, added endo steel, Double heat sinks, AMS, and a bigger engine (Standard) and have quite a lot of success in it.

#15 TimePeriod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 548 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationI'm out gardening, back in 10.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:58 AM

STD280
AC10
PPC x2 in the arms.
MLS x 3 (1 in each arm, 1 in CT)
ASRM 4.

Ammo and DHS till you vomit.

Mid ranged, everything dies. Long range, your screwed.

#16 Geek Verve

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCentral Indiana, USA

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:29 PM

View PostCharronn, on 18 September 2014 - 03:05 AM, said:

Std 300 engine.
2 er large lasers
AC20 4t ammo
Srm 6 2t ammo
Max armour.Tank like a moforian.Master it coz it's a brutal mech.

This, minus the SRM. 1xAC20 and 3xERLL, 5t ammo and as many heat sinks as you can carry. Put the lasers on chain fire, and this should be a fairly easy top-end mech for you.

#17 NNQM

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:35 AM

STD 275
AC/20 with 3t ammo
L. LASER x3

Advanced Zoom
IS AC/20 Cooldown 5
IS L. Laser Cooldown 5
IS L. Laser Range 5

Best Misery Build according to my style of play (suicidal mindless assault) I came up with ever since the purchase a year ago. Works great to me at close and middle range, and may even couse some trouble at long distance thanks to amazing L. Laser Range 5 weapon module.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users