#21 mithril coyote

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 135 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:28 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 21 October 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Can we see one repainted along with the stock paint setup? Just want to see how much freedom they gave for this special paint scheme.

i'll try to grab some screen caps of mine.. i've got my Centurion set up in this lovely light blue/white/yellow set up, and the Atlas in this dark blue that looks purple in the right light.. beautiful.

View PostGrymmbolt, on 21 October 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

Just remember folks,the atlas is the well, and one of the norn queens is here (the cent) that leaves 2 more norn queens left...

first, the Norn's were not queens. they were Disir, fate-tellers. in the eddas, they are giants, and tend the well of fate (Urðarbrunnr) in the edda's they determine the destinies and life spans of both men and gods, and the gods at times went there to seek insight on future's that they themselves could not see.
though in parts of the edda's the norns are described as being a large group, including humans, dwarves ,and other races.. suggesting that perhaps the three main ones (which have far more attestations) had followers. this would mesh well with some of the folktales and recorded family histories.. where Norns are described as being a normal presence at celebrations of a child's birth. so it is likely that the various Disir in old Norse society worshiped the Norns in some fashion.

and it is two Norns so far.. the Centurian is Verthandi (old norse for "happening/present"), and the Atlas is Urdr ("Fate"). you can see the name for the atlas on it's collar.
most likely the King crab will be Skuld (old norse for "debt/future")

sometimes it is nice having a master's degree in history, with a focus on the old Norse. :)

View PostDarthRevis, on 21 October 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

Cent have a un-arranged Tri-Force on his thigh?

it's a Valknut, (valr, "slain warriors" + knut, "knot"), one of the pervasive symbols in old norse culture.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users