• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:00 AM

View PostMystere, on 21 October 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

The changes just mean this guy is now wanted less in the game:

Posted Image

Actually I think the system rewards him more now. If you 1v1 and win, you make more than anything else. Getting Kills is now the most Important thing in the game, not getting all the enemies killed, just getting kills yourself. At least if you want any decent amount of c-bills and XP
Sure now just sweeping the enemy with a laser means less money, but it also means if you don't get those Most damage kills you pretty much make less than you would have 2 days ago.

#42 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 21 October 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

Except if you take away from one group and give it to another group the group that was making decent rewards is no longer making decent rewards. So instead of all roles earning decent rewards they just switched them around. Not that I have had a chance to try this out, but ever since the introduction of 12v12 I have felt the rewards were too little, and with people complaining about lower rewards than before after this patch I'm not exactly thrilled.

I had a game against you last night Warhippy, you're the second forum goer I've ever seen in game. :D

-------------------------------------------

Generally I feel the rewards are off kilter and still give more incentive for getting the kill than for assists or attempting to aid allies. I had a match where I got the "Flanker" reward like 10 times, but when I actually stood my ground and defended a flank on my own so my team, all looking in the same direction and in a huddled mass, wouldn't be flanked and wiped out. Ultimately we won the game but I only walked away with 600xp and like 80,000 Cbills after doing around 500 damage. This felt extremely low to me for actually benefitting the team and attempting to do a hold out.

On the flip side, in a match where I obtained two solo kills (Centurion AH, and an Adder Prime) while the team lost, I obtained 1,400xp and 119,000 Cbills while only doing 350 damage and obtaining those kills. Both times I'd engaged using the Vulture A in it's stock variant so just those SRMs for the killing blows.

This to me showed great emphasis on still wanting to get the kill values far greater than team support or even encouraging varied combat styles or support roles rather than the current meta of 'Crush, Kill, and Destroy - as rapidly as possible'

Playing with a friend he had the same observations that doing the team play and attempting to hold a line yielded worse results overall than showboating or going for the shortest TTK (time to kill). I think this is counter to the intent, though the new scoring system does look like it could work, it just needs additional tuning with less emphasis still on getting the direct kill.

As for whether this is an improvement or not. I'm still greatly on the fence. I think with tuning this could be a great system but as of right now I'm not seeing the change in the intent to push people or reward different combat roles on the field. I think Skirmishers and Lights are still going to suffer as they are less likely to get the volume of damage or sustained combat that yields the best experience. This will drive users back to the best bang for their buck rewards of the Heavy/Assault mechs with high impact damage for the fastest TTK, much as we see now.

#43 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:30 AM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 21 October 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

Yah I don't think people are making less but you may need to play a little differently to earn.

I am actually a little concerned that rewards are quite high now but we wait until we have at least 24 hours of data to judge that - so enjoy.

Don't be concerned, even I could use a lil more money in the bank Russ. ;)

#44 Abisha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:39 AM

people are over reacting, done some matches the rewards are almost identical.

screenshot
Accumulative C-bills a match.
http://www.mediafire...nzov/c-bill.jpg

a match just done 20 mins ago.
http://www.mediafire...enshot77388.bmp

#45 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostAbisha, on 22 October 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

people are over reacting, done some matches the rewards are almost identical.

screenshot
Accumulative C-bills a match.
http://www.mediafire...nzov/c-bill.jpg

a match just done 20 mins ago.
http://www.mediafire...enshot77388.bmp

That was with Premium time correct? I don't see the, "You coulda made Moar." Reminder box.

#46 Abisha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:51 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 October 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

That was with Premium time correct? I don't see the, "You coulda made Moar." Reminder box.

that's why i show the picture below
it's with Premium time 225.000

without bonus's 125.000

#47 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:04 AM

So far the new rewards have been a complete disaster for me. Several losses with ~25k and wins ~80k. When average used to be around 100k. That is not gonna cut it. If anything, rewards should become much higher to reduce the grind for the much more expensive clan mechs.

I'll play a couple more matches but so far, I am not getting enough CB to keep me playing. Sorry.

#48 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:44 AM

We don't get a salvage bonus anymore? I'm pretty sure I've seen it being calculated on the new animated reward tracker thingy.

That would probably be the difference I'm feeling.

#49 Logan Hawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

It's just no salvage for conquest I believe. Definitely still seen it tally up I think.

But yeah, heavies and assaults need some class specific rewards too. Russ, have you taken a look at this thread? http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

And fellas, remember to use your old builds. Don't tailor builds to the new system yet. It'll skew the data.

Edited by Logan Hawke, 22 October 2014 - 12:21 PM.

#50 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostJman5, on 21 October 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

As far as I can tell, people who are carrying make a good chunk more money in this new system. People who are non-contributors, but previously gamed the assists or last second killshots are making less.

To bad there isn't a way to spontaneously explode last second kill stealers. That might encourage them to stop being cowardly and worthless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users