165 replies to this topic

#161 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:45 AM

View PostMoomtazz, on 15 April 2015 - 04:39 AM, said:

I just came back from a several month break and in the last two weeks I have been playing about 2 - 4 hours a day. I've used Hero mechs about 80% of the time and three days of Premium time. I made about 16 million C-bills in the time in solo drops only.
I make more C-bills than a new player would and 2-4 hours a night is pushing the limit. If you take away the Hero bonus I would make about 6 million a week. I don't think that number is high enough to encourage players to stick around.

#162 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:02 PM

2.0 is pretty bad.

Without premium time, on average, every game I play only puts me ahead about 10,000-20,000 Cbills after using consumables.

If I skip consumables, which almost guarantees a low score due to overheating or missing out on a good arty strike, I'm ahead about 100,000 cbills per game.

Also there is no incentive to use NARC when even by some miracle, the targeted mech ends up being killed by LRM. 6000cbills?
Players should get a trickle of rewards for every point of damage that lands, on top of instant ECM-Counter points.
Considering the effort and risk you took to get close enough to place that NARC.

NARC isn't just about LRM targeting, its the best ANTI-ECM there is, and best information tool besides a UAV, and can contribute a huge amount to your team's success

Assists and damage aren't giving their fair share of Cbills either, and damage based cbill awards is extremely low.

Its quite common for players to do a high damage round, scoring 600-1000 damage, and have every single kill stolen out from under them, while the player who got the kill gets a higher reward, the player that made it possible gets very little for his effort.

At this point, we're just playing the game to play, not to move forward, and often times rewards 2.0 is so punishing that you actually can dip quite far into the negative if you got dealt a crappy game where you used consumables.

Only way to actually accomplish anything that puts mechs and more equipment within reach is by paying for premium time, or paying for Hero mechs, which sucks.

#163 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:29 AM

View PostMister D, on 16 April 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

2.0 is pretty bad.

If I skip consumables, which almost guarantees a low score due to overheating or missing out on a good arty strike, I'm ahead about 100,000 cbills per game.

2.0 is bad, but....consumables are 40K a hit...thats 80K unless you found a way to get half a one in there.

overall......consumable are BAD. Not worth the income generated vs. the cost.
I use them, sure, but I've become so jaded, so careful, they are end game uses.
If I see more than 3 mechs huddled, I'll use arty, if we are ahead or even, I might use coolshot, I quit using UAV's due to the nature of pugs- EXCEPT on the spider and locust, where I'm fast enough to get behind an enemy line, announce I'm launching and then report while hiding which mech is out in the open...thats one in maybe 6-7 battles

but folks, if you keep a pencil and paper by your desk, and take minimal notes, you'll see those are fairly useless feel good things designed to force you to grind more, buy champ mechs, or premium time. Again, NOTHING wrong with that, but I cringe every time I see arty smoke, and get out of the way, or knock a UAV down that was up there for 10 seconds-and its not even my cbills.

#164 Arkbird_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:50 AM

View PostMister D, on 16 April 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

2.0 is pretty bad.

Just imagine 3.0 which will be here before steam.... Wonder what rewards they'll nerf this time in the name of balancing the (nonexistent) economy.

#165 CantHandletheTruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:42 PM

Mechs + modules are pushing 40 mil

.......200,000 at a time.

Yeah, terrible

#166 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

View PostCantHandletheTruth, on 21 April 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

Mechs + modules are pushing 40 mil

.......200,000 at a time.

Yeah, terrible

Well Assault Mechs and End Game content <>40 mill. Even if Doubled to 400k per Match, it would still take 100 games.

Most players seem to want to play +/- 10 Matches and be able to fully Kit out a DireWolf ffs. Would allowing that be a good thing for the game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users