#1 Toffa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAn unknown, back-water planet of the IS

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:18 AM

PGI.

First off. Great work with new rewards. Loving it.

Secondly. Not totally convinced regarding fixed JJ, but as it's being applied to all omni's I'll live with it for now.

Onto the main point....

With the fixed JJ omni's I now have a rather large collection of Clan weapon systems I can no longer mount on either my TBRs or my NVAs.

It is possible to be re-funded the C-Bills I used to pay for these, to purchase more appropriate weapon systems?

Should I make a list and email support?

Toffs
( '-')7

#2 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:48 AM

I doubt they'd refund CBills.
Stuff is gonna get balanced at some point, you just have to live with it in any MMO.

It's a different thing with real money/MC, probably. You'd have to contact support directly for that, though.

#3 QuaxDerBruchpilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 319 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:36 AM

Only proper reaction is to NOT SPEND MONEY FOR THIS BS ANYMORE.

#4 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:00 AM

View PostToffa, on 22 October 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

PGI.

First off. Great work with new rewards. Loving it.

Secondly. Not totally convinced regarding fixed JJ, but as it's being applied to all omni's I'll live with it for now.

Onto the main point....

With the fixed JJ omni's I now have a rather large collection of Clan weapon systems I can no longer mount on either my TBRs or my NVAs.

It is possible to be re-funded the C-Bills I used to pay for these, to purchase more appropriate weapon systems?

Should I make a list and email support?

Toffs
( '-')7

NVA always had fixed JJ's it is only new to the TBR and the kitfox.

#5 Toffa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:04 AM

View PostIronwithin, on 22 October 2014 - 01:48 AM, said:

I doubt they'd refund CBills.
Stuff is gonna get balanced at some point, you just have to live with it in any MMO.

It's a different thing with real money/MC, probably. You'd have to contact support directly for that, though.

Fair enough I suppose. I guess I just wanted to highlight that I've worked hard for my stuff and now it's useless as I don't have any 'Mechs to put them on...

View PostQuax1102, on 22 October 2014 - 02:36 AM, said:

^^This... Maybe I'll take the $$ I was thinking of putting on Clan Wave II and upgrade my Elite: Dangerous Pre-order to Beta access...

Thanks for the ride PGI! It's been great! I'll stick around and will still play with my friends, but the wallet is officially closed...

Toffs
( '-')7

Edited by Toffa, 22 October 2014 - 03:14 AM.

#6 Toffa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:12 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 22 October 2014 - 03:00 AM, said:

NVA always had fixed JJ's it is only new to the TBR and the kitfox.

Thanks Capt' Obvious.

Still can't fit those weapons that I bought and now can't use, on either of them can I?

Reading and comprehension FTW!

Toffs
( '-')7

#7 Orvanick

Rookie

• Subaltern
  • Subaltern
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:55 AM

View PostQuax1102, on 22 October 2014 - 02:36 AM, said:

Yep I second that. No more spending on MWO. Enough is enough this is the second time this **** happened. They are called omnimechs for a reason; I wouldn't call them omnimechs if you can't remove 2 frigging jumpjets thus ruining the entire setup. Nice work PGI.

#8 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:06 AM

View PostOrvanick, on 22 October 2014 - 03:55 AM, said:

Yep I second that. No more spending on MWO. Enough is enough this is the second time this **** happened. They are called omnimechs for a reason; I wouldn't call them omnimechs if you can't remove 2 frigging jumpjets thus ruining the entire setup. Nice work PGI.

Hate to burst your bubble (Well, dont really hate it... actually I quite enjoy popping them), but;

OmniMechs are not fully modular. An OmniMech's structural components (its engine, internal structure, armor and any equipment installed on the base chassis of OmniMech) are "hard-wired" and cannot be modified outside of a total redesign of the 'Mech.[30] While customization of these components is theoretically possible in the field, it is avoided as it hard-wires all the 'Mechs components and effectively transforms the OmniMech into a standard BattleMech.

Source:
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Omnimech

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 22 October 2014 - 04:06 AM.

#9 Phaeric Cyrh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:39 AM

Seriously, people are whining about space money??

And if you are so butthurt about someone nerfing your super mech back to reality then good riddance.

#10 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:37 AM

Oh dear god, I have never come across a more entitled group in a forum. Its a nerf which you were told about long before it actually happened, to a mech which everyone agreed was way overpowered, BECAUSE it could mount that much weaponry AND the JJ's anywhere you wanted, now you can't. This is a long overdue change. If you guys are seriously going in a huff over some space money you paid to make a build in a game which you are fully aware can change then you might need to sit down and have a think about yourselves. Either that or go outside and get a life.

View PostToffa, on 22 October 2014 - 03:12 AM, said:

Thanks Capt' Obvious.

Still can't fit those weapons that I bought and now can't use, on either of them can I?

Reading and comprehension FTW!

Toffs
( '-')7

Also you could simply stick them on another mech in another set up couldn't you?

Edited by Jammerben87, 22 October 2014 - 05:39 AM.

#11 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:56 AM

View PostJammerben87, on 22 October 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

Either that or go outside and get a life.

But... the Graphics options are terrible there, Respawn times are horendous, RL makes Korean MMOs look easy in terms of the leveling and grinding... and yelling at monks to heal you only reward you with a very funny look.

#12 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:58 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 22 October 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

But... the Graphics options are terrible there, Respawn times are horendous, RL makes Korean MMOs look easy in terms of the leveling and grinding... and yelling at monks to heal you only reward you with a very funny look.

I know, in RL my big stompy Robot has wheels and completely fails to blow ANYTHING up, its rubbish....

#13 ollo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:51 AM

View PostToffa, on 22 October 2014 - 03:04 AM, said:

Fair enough I suppose. I guess I just wanted to highlight that I've worked hard for my stuff and now it's useless as I don't have any 'Mechs to put them on...

Well, get more mechs then? ^_^

View PostJammerben87, on 22 October 2014 - 05:58 AM, said:

I know, in RL my big stompy Robot has wheels and completely fails to blow ANYTHING up, its rubbish....

#14 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:04 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 22 October 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

View PostJammerben87, on 22 October 2014 - 05:58 AM, said:

Not only that, but Mechbays are more expensive than mechs! What kind of pricing scheme is that?

#15 Toffa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostJammerben87, on 22 October 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

Oh dear god, I have never come across a more entitled group in a forum. Its a nerf which you were told about long before it actually happened, to a mech which everyone agreed was way overpowered, BECAUSE it could mount that much weaponry AND the JJ's anywhere you wanted, now you can't. This is a long overdue change. If you guys are seriously going in a huff over some space money you paid to make a build in a game which you are fully aware can change then you might need to sit down and have a think about yourselves. Either that or go outside and get a life.

Also you could simply stick them on another mech in another set up couldn't you?

Have you ever visited the forums for Star Citizen? If you really want to see entitled, go check it out...

As for 'simply stick them on another 'mech in another set up couldn't you?'

Well, no. I only own TBRs and NVAs and they have their load-outs, minus the weapons I can no longer use of course :)

But I'll make you a deal. You buy me more clan 'mechs and I'll put these weapons on them?

"One does not simply put Clan Weapons on non-existent Battlemechs...."

Toffs
( '-')7

Edited by Toffa, 22 October 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#16 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:14 AM

View PostToffa, on 22 October 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

Have you ever visited the forums for Star Citizen? If you really want to see entitled, go check it out...

As for 'simply stick them on another 'mech in another set up couldn't you?'

Well, no. I only own TBRs and NVAs and they have their load-outs, minus the weapons I can no longer use of course :)

But I'll make you a deal. You buy me more clan 'mechs and I'll put these weapons on them?

"One does not simply put Clan Weapons on non-existent Battlemechs...."

Toffs
( '-')7

No I am trying my best to avoid that place until an actual game exists, one thing you can say for PGI over RSI (may be the only thing) is that they have more of a game right now, by a slim margin admittedly.

How about you grab a stormcrow while they are on sale? You save about 5mil off their normal price, plus they are excellent mechs.

If not, I will make you a promise, if they ever allow people to gift CBill mechs and you are still stuck with all these utterly useless weapons littering the floor of your mech bay I will buy you another mech.

View Postollo, on 22 October 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Well, get more mechs then? ^_^

Drools.... IF only i could do my daily commute in that.

#17 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:12 AM

This game is subject to change. A fact you agreed to with the terms of use, which were available to you before installation.

2. Content. We may, from time to time at our sole discretion and without notice or liability, create, amend, change, or delete any content from the PGI Offerings.

Closing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users