You Know What This Reward System Punishes?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Pr8Dator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:40 PM

BANK ROBBERY!

Lights running around strafing enemies with negligible laser damage early in the game just for kill assist and free money (which was heavily rewarded under the old system. [over 100k for 50damage and no kills? Jeez! 100k for 30 seconds of work. Have 5 to 10 of such light mechs rotate and you have a bank robbery!]). They then just die early and leave the team crippled. Sorry but looking at so many complains today, most comes from lights that persist in this unholy way of playing. I am actually encouraged and have high hopes that light pilots would play their role for real starting from today seeing that this method of playing gets them nowhere now. This will greatly improve gameplay experience, something which I am already starting to see. At least I am seeing much lesser of the teammate death within the first 30 seconds of play because it was a light strafing for money (i used to wonder why people run off to die so quickly all the time. Always at least one of such per match. Then i saw how easy it is to make money like this rotating match to match with a few light mechs very quickly.). I am sorry but bank robbery is officially over, light mechs, you need to learn how to narc and tag now.

Play for real, be a valuable asset to the team,narc or tag instead of strafe with laser and you will see the rewards.

I for one consistently get about the same reward as under the old system on winning games and actually MORE reward for playing well in losing matches (got only close to 150k in a losing match for playing well).

Apart from this, I don't see alot of other playstyle get hit too badly as long as you play well.

So, play well, get rewarded.

Play like a douche, get paid like a douche.

Edited by Pr8Dator, 21 October 2014 - 11:49 PM.

#2 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:48 PM

View PostPr8Dator, on 21 October 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

Lights running around strafing enemies with negligible laser damage early in the game just for kill assist and free money (which was heavily rewarded under the old system. [over 100k for 50damage and no kills? Jeez!]). They then just die early and leave the team crippled. Sorry but looking at so many complains today, most comes from lights that persist in this unholy way of playing. I am actually encouraged and have high hopes that light pilots would play their role for real starting from today seeing that this method of playing gets them nowhere now. This will greatly improve gameplay experience, something which I am already starting to see. At least I am seeing much lesser of the teammate death within the first 30 seconds of play because it was a light strafing for money (i used to wonder why people run off to die so quickly all the time. Always at least one of such per match. Then i saw how easy it is to make money like this rotating match to match with a few light mechs).

Play for real, be a valuable asset to the team,narc or tag instead of strafe with laser and you will see the rewards.

I for one consistently get about the same reward as under the old system on winning games and actually MORE reward for playing well in losing matches (got only close to 150k in a losing match for playing well).

Lol... so we already have many post and people crying about the LRM gods raining down on them, the challenge's almost always bring down the rain even more. So we are now going to reward narc and tags even more? I love the new system, the ideas behind it, but narc and tag rewards need to be toned down maybe just a notch in this new system.

#3 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:50 PM

I'm making half as much as I was, while being "Credit to team" as it were...

so there's that.

#4 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:53 PM

Yeah it needs finetuning, no doubts.
But still: i love it. Its a great idea.

#5 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:59 PM

View PostSirius Drake, on 21 October 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

Yeah it needs finetuning, no doubts.
But still: i love it. Its a great idea.

Totally agreed with the fine tuning and I bet there will be changes in future. For now, being able to stop a rampant exploit is already one great thing it did for the game. :)

#6 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:01 AM

I like that you have to strive to earn as much and work as a team! That was a good change to prevent those who like to hide away or wait.

#7 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:02 AM

oh agreed. I love the system, what I get rewards for is great... but it's not paying out NEAR what the old system was.

#8 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:02 AM

View Postlunticasylum, on 22 October 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

I like that you have to strive to earn as much and work as a team! That was a good change to prevent those who like to hide away or wait.

Indeed, I actually love the game more now as I do see ALOT more teamwork in pug drops AND much much lesser bank robbery that always leaves the team crippled early in the game.

#9 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:05 AM

******* playing in a heavy mech, A timberwolf so many builds. LRM boat, Gauss + twin ppcs, 4MPL and 2 LPL.
Playing in the new atlas, Twin Large lasers, Twin medium lasers, AC 20, 2 SRM 6s
Playing in my kitfoxes, LPL 2 MPL, twin PPC 1 MLs

All averaging about 100K. SO hell no its not stoping bank robbery.
I get 1 kill and 11 assists, I make 90K
I Do 4 Kills 8 assists I make 250K
I do 4 kills and 6 assists I make 270K

This is a TEAM game, And its rewarding Solo Kills more than group assists. As a whole everyone makes about the same, but the individual suffers. All games DIE without new players, this system punishes new players to an extreme. They get in start up a trial, and naturally do poorly. The cadet bonus covers it a tiny bit, but in the end they will probably end up with a couple million lost compared to the new players 6 days ago.

People complain about the old system being CoD, this system is CoD, you have to win and get lots of kills to benefit.

#10 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:07 AM

like the new system but i have a problem with some aspects of it,

in all my matches tonight i had teammates moving in-front of me for the kill,
its gotten really bad ive have matches ive won where ive only gotten 60,000-100,000 C-bills,
and on a loss(16 or so out of the 25 matches ive played before posting) 18,000-55,000 C-bills,

Main problem with this system is on a solo kills vs Assists
Assists are now worth, 2500 down 4000 from 6500,
now assuming a solo kill,
kill........Kill damage.........component.........solo kill..= total
4000........5000....................2300..............10000...= 21300?
not including a 4500 Savior or Defensive along with that,
so solo kill= 21300, and an assist= 2500,

if you want to promote team play get rid of the Solo Reward, and double all other rewards,
if your winning allot awesome, but if your losing allot in PUG you know what im talking about,
9000 for a full kill makes sense but that extra 10000 boost is causing stupid,
and some times Stupid jumps infront of my DWF and gets blasted to death,

like the rewards but they do need to be balanced, PGI will balance and i know the Sky isnt falling,
but i still have to post my thoughts, i have full faith in PGI, and that they will fix this as soon as they have Data,

#11 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:10 AM

View PostBrody319, on 22 October 2014 - 12:05 AM, said:

******* playing in a heavy mech, A timberwolf so many builds. LRM boat, Gauss + twin ppcs, 4MPL and 2 LPL.
Playing in the new atlas, Twin Large lasers, Twin medium lasers, AC 20, 2 SRM 6s

This is a TEAM game, And its rewarding Solo Kills more than group assists. As a whole everyone makes about the same, but the individual suffers. All games DIE without new players, this system punishes new players to an extreme. They get in start up a trial, and naturally do poorly. The cadet bonus covers it a tiny bit, but in the end they will probably end up with a couple million lost compared to the new players 6 days ago.

People complain about the old system being CoD, this system is CoD, you have to win and get lots of kills to benefit.

Sadly, in a game based on elimination of opposition, getting rewarded more for killing more is naturally logical. I think the point here is to find a way to reward people more for killing as a team rather than as an individual. That I think PGI needs to put their brains together.

#12 The Flying Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:10 AM

View PostPr8Dator, on 21 October 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

BANK ROBBERY!

Lights running around strafing enemies with negligible laser damage early in the game just for kill assist and free money (which was heavily rewarded under the old system. [over 100k for 50damage and no kills? Jeez! 100k for 30 seconds of work. Have 5 to 10 of such light mechs rotate and you have a bank robbery!]). They then just die early and leave the team crippled. Sorry but looking at so many complains today, most comes from lights that persist in this unholy way of playing. I am actually encouraged and have high hopes that light pilots would play their role for real starting from today seeing that this method of playing gets them nowhere now. This will greatly improve gameplay experience, something which I am already starting to see. At least I am seeing much lesser of the teammate death within the first 30 seconds of play because it was a light strafing for money (i used to wonder why people run off to die so quickly all the time. Always at least one of such per match. Then i saw how easy it is to make money like this rotating match to match with a few light mechs very quickly.). I am sorry but bank robbery is officially over, light mechs, you need to learn how to narc and tag now.

Apart from this, I don't see alot of other playstyle get hit too badly as long as you play well.

While you might be right about the message, you may want to rethink the presentation. You're angry at the 'bank robber' style of play, I get that, and yeah sure it's annoying, but the new rewards system isn't going to stop it from happening. When it comes to C-bills, it's quantity over quality and the same (or similar) tactics are still going to be the 'best' way to make C-bills (and lose friends). Now there is something like 9 trial mechs available to cycle through. People *will* still join matches, and D/C as soon as they start for that extra couple bucks. Losing a mech or two in a bad way hurts, but it's not 'crippling' any more so then just having a player that is legitimately 'bad', or simply unlucky.

Sorry kiddo, but neither life nor mech-warrior is fair. Sometimes you get a free ride, and sometimes it's a no-win scenario. Roll with the punches.

#13 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:13 AM

View PostThe Flying Gecko, on 22 October 2014 - 12:10 AM, said:

While you might be right about the message, you may want to rethink the presentation. You're angry at the 'bank robber' style of play, I get that, and yeah sure it's annoying, but the new rewards system isn't going to stop it from happening. When it comes to C-bills, it's quantity over quality and the same (or similar) tactics are still going to be the 'best' way to make C-bills (and lose friends). Now there is something like 9 trial mechs available to cycle through. People *will* still join matches, and D/C as soon as they start for that extra couple bucks. Losing a mech or two in a bad way hurts, but it's not 'crippling' any more so then just having a player that is legitimately 'bad', or simply unlucky.

Sorry kiddo, but neither life nor mech-warrior is fair. Sometimes you get a free ride, and sometimes it's a no-win scenario. Roll with the punches.

Yes, I accept your message. Indeed, just like real life, no amount of regulations will eliminate douche-ness. I can and do live with it as long as the situation improves and it has indeed. :) I am happy. :)

#14 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:13 AM

View PostBrody319, on 22 October 2014 - 12:05 AM, said:

I used to average 100k on a loss, 150+ on a win. after this change I'm seeing like, 30k on a loss, and barely 100k on a win.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users