14 replies to this topic

#1 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

I actually would prefer having a decision which I get shown and which not. There are so many rather unimportant ones constantly spamming the HUD. Battle important rewards, like component destructions or kills totally get lost in that HUD message spam.

#2 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

I disagree. There's 2 or 3 rewards I would get rid of, which result in a lot of spam. "Protection proximity" is one, I think. Beyond that, I like them. Continuous feedback that you're a good boy for sticking with your lance / dire whales is a good thing, for example.

#3 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 21 October 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

I disagree. There's 2 or 3 rewards I would get rid of, which result in a lot of spam. "Protection proximity" is one, I think. Beyond that, I like them. Continuous feedback that you're a good boy for sticking with your lance / dire whales is a good thing, for example.

so you real all those messages especially those when you fire at opponent allt he time? I doubt that.

View PostAlistair Winter, on 21 October 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

Continuous feedback that you're a good boy for sticking with your lance / dire whales is a good thing

I knwo where I am on the battlefield I don't need a constant notification of that.

#4 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 21 October 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

so you real all those messages especially those when you fire at opponent allt he time? I doubt that.
I knwo where I am on the battlefield I don't need a constant notification of that.

Well, for the sake of being constructive... I guess PGI could give us a toggle in the Settings for the game, so pr0 gamers can disable the constant notifications they don't need, while the terribads can enjoy the constant patting on the head for not going Leroy Jenkins two minutes into every match.

I really think the notifications are there to teach new players how to play, to some degree. And that's a very good thing.

#5 Celthora

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

Yes, i cant figure out if i destroyed some components or not, because many notifications appear continuously. Imo, when you destroyed something, it should be written with red color.

Edited by Celthora, 21 October 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#6 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:04 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 21 October 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

Well, for the sake of being constructive... I guess PGI could give us a toggle in the Settings for the game, so pr0 gamers can disable the constant notifications they don't need, while the terribads can enjoy the constant patting on the head for not going Leroy Jenkins two minutes into every match.

I really think the notifications are there to teach new players how to play, to some degree. And that's a very good thing.

is it? we have probably for nearly any situation and kind of "reward" I got "flank rewards" that I would not call flanking at all, all I did was being on top of HPG firing at an atlas that turned away. Atm, you can be the biggest derp for whatever you do and you will see rewards popping up all over the place. And I am not sure if sticking withing 140m is always tactically a good thing. in many situations especially brawls doing a quarter circle around you opponent exiting those 1400m is way more important to get a shot at a twisting opponent.

The rewards may probably make the pug cuddle each other to a degree that we soon get q.q's about arty spams wiping whole teams of cuddling mechs.

And I doubt a new palyer is able to read and fight all those message at the same time. I already ahve a hard time doing so. I just started to totally ignore these notifications, but this means missing the important ones.

View PostCelthora, on 21 October 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

Yes, i cant figure out if i destroyed some components or not, because many notifications appear continuously. Imo, when you destroyed something, it should be written with red color.

while that would help, the frequency of notifications does make these probably disappear extremely fast.

Edited by Lily from animove, 21 October 2014 - 03:06 PM.

#7 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:08 PM

I like them but i would like to see the option to disable them for people who dislike them. Also increasing the font or change in color on important messages might be a good idea

Edited by Monkey Lover, 21 October 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#8 Powder Puff Pew Pew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts
  • LocationI live in a Mech Hangar

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

I'm glad you made this thread because this is the single most frustrating feature of MWO as of today for me. The Logging into your account or connecting after a match and finding redeeming points or items, and it takes 5 ******* minutes to load, then you hit accept and then another minute to load again. You cant even use the mouse when this feature is running, and you cant minimize the window or it will pause the transaction.

This also brings up another subject, Logging in, the innability to use the mouse at all. I cant even minimize my game and go watch a dvd or check my mail while my game logs me in and takes 5 freakin minutes to do so. Ya i'm Impatient with a pinch of "*****" but ya know what? We live in the Technology Age and its expected that certain conviences be applied or use common sense in designing something revolving around the Human Factor.

#9 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

View PostPowder Puff Pew Pew, on 21 October 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

I'm glad you made this thread because this is the single most frustrating feature of MWO as of today for me. The Logging into your account or connecting after a match and finding redeeming points or items, and it takes 5 ******* minutes to load, then you hit accept and then another minute to load again. You cant even use the mouse when this feature is running, and you cant minimize the window or it will pause the transaction.

This also brings up another subject, Logging in, the innability to use the mouse at all. I cant even minimize my game and go watch a dvd or check my mail while my game logs me in and takes 5 freakin minutes to do so. Ya i'm Impatient with a pinch of "*****" but ya know what? We live in the Technology Age and its expected that certain conviences be applied or use common sense in designing something revolving around the Human Factor.

I have no idea why that's relevant.

But it takes a whopping 20 seconds for me, and that's with a terribad Aussie internet connection. Also I have no problem with alt-tabbing in and out, in fact I do it all the time. Don't have the game set to full screen, have it set to full window of whatever it is. It's more minimizing friendly.

#10 Powder Puff Pew Pew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts
  • LocationI live in a Mech Hangar

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 21 October 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

I have no idea why that's relevant.

But it takes a whopping 20 seconds for me, and that's with a terribad Aussie internet connection. Also I have no problem with alt-tabbing in and out, in fact I do it all the time. Don't have the game set to full screen, have it set to full window of whatever it is. It's more minimizing friendly.

Maybe thats my problem then, I play mwo on a 55" 3d hdmi screen. Plus i'm always listening to music vids too with surround. It takes around 30 secs for me to load from a match, and 5 mins to log into the game. Plus my ingame ping averages around 1700 ms.

#11 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:34 PM

View PostPowder Puff Pew Pew, on 21 October 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

I think you are either commenting on the wrong topic or are slightly confused as to what the OP is talking about. (s)He's talking about the "kill assist" / "component destruction" etc messages that appear in game

#12 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostPowder Puff Pew Pew, on 21 October 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

Maybe thats my problem then, I play mwo on a 55" 3d hdmi screen. Plus i'm always listening to music vids too with surround. It takes around 30 secs for me to load from a match, and 5 mins to log into the game. Plus my ingame ping averages around 1700 ms.

thise music vids come form the net? if so stop that, its bad for latency and bandwith and interferes with the down and upspeed of what mwo handles. But thats OT anyways.

Edited by Lily from animove, 21 October 2014 - 03:35 PM.

#13 ManOpeace

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

Isn't there a setting you can change to make the rewards alot smaller on your screen? I swear I changed mine.

Yeah its on the first page of the settings menu, I set mine to classic.

Edited by ManOpeace, 21 October 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#14 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:23 PM

View PostManOpeace, on 21 October 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

Isn't there a setting you can change to make the rewards alot smaller on your screen? I swear I changed mine.

Looks like this guy wins the internet.

ManOpeace, I hereby present you with one internet.

#15 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:09 AM

View PostManOpeace, on 21 October 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

you can change that modern style, which makes the rewards appear below your crosshair square area, this is a lot smaller. but still makes vital informations hardly noticeable.

Edited by Lily from animove, 22 October 2014 - 02:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users