What To Do With The Cn9-Ah When I Already Have A Yen Lo Wang?

51 replies to this topic

#41 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:31 AM

View PostSandtiger, on 03 November 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

Felio,
I tried the 3 MG's with 3SRM6 last night. My first match was 4 kills and nearly 500 damage! I slapped the biggest engine I could in it, so I don't have to worry about heat. Without speed tweak, I am running at 81KPH. I have to tell you that I love it! Maybe it is a fluke, and I have just gotten lucky. I will play more with it tonight. =]

Ok, after much deliberation, and some serious grinding. I LOVE THIS MECH!!!! I can effectively utilize this configuration. I highly recommend it to all of you brawler types. =]

#42 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:48 AM

View PostPS WrathOfDeadguy, on 24 November 2014 - 01:18 AM, said:

Have to say, the AH is making me reconsider the other Cents in a big way. I was halfway convinced to sell them all because I was just doing so poorly in them, but if I can do well in one variant I'm probably just using the wrong configs on the others- either that or I only got Cent tactics down once I started running the AH. I think I'll keep them after all.

the AH is hands down the best Centurion variant available, simply because it does what it's designed to do and does it well. none of the other variants is a better brawler, albeit some are good-ish, and none is any good in any other role.

so while they are fun mechs, don't expect the level of awesome that you're getting from the AH.

Edited by Inflatable Fish, 25 November 2014 - 07:49 AM.

#43 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:47 AM

View PostSandtiger, on 24 November 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

Ok, after much deliberation, and some serious grinding. I LOVE THIS MECH!!!! I can effectively utilize this configuration. I highly recommend it to all of you brawler types. =]

I've seen someone post a 1300+ damage game with one of the 3xMG, 3xSRM4 beasts. I really need to try it. I still haven't taken mine out for a spin.

Edited by Greenjulius, 25 November 2014 - 09:02 AM.

#44 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:37 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 25 November 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

I've seen someone post a 1300+ damage game with one of the 3xMG, 3xSRM4 beasts. I really need to try it. I still haven't taken mine out for a spin.

What engine were they using?

#45 MechWarrior679696

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWhere you don't want to be

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:02 PM

The real problem with this mech is those 3x ballistics in the right arm comboed with the bonus for the AC20. You're supposed to put an AC20 on and waste those other two slots, in a mech that's already totally ammo-dependent and fairly XL-safe? Screw that.

I've slapped on an LBX and 2xMGs for the arm, and put Streaks in the missile slots. This way, it devours pesky lights.

#46 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

View Postmogs01gt, on 25 November 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

What engine were they using?

Reportedly a XL275.

I just started running with XL275, 3xMGs+2 tons ammo, 3xSRM4+A+8 tons ammo, AMS+1 ton and nearly full armor. It seems good, but really needs skills to make it more maneuverable. I've already got a CN9-A ready to elite, so once I make enough to pick up a CN9-AL, I'll elite them out and report back.

Edited by Greenjulius, 25 November 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#47 GLIZZY GULPER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 140 posts
  • LocationN/A

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:52 PM

I run mine with STD 275, 3x MG with 3 ton, 3x SRM4 with 4-5 tons, max armor.

1v1s boil down to using your left arm as a shield, smacking them with SRMs, turning, and repeating until you see a soft spot, where you proceed to waste them with a full MG burst and more SRMs.

Groupfights depend on the situation. If you're not being focused, you can MG then and whatnot. If you're getting shot, use the 1v1 tactic as you back off for cover.

If you arrive late and everyone's wounded, go absolutely ham.

#48 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

I'm having really bad luck with this thing. Like under 100 damage rounds. Worst matches I've ever had. Either the side torsos are huge and easy to hit, or I'm just not Centurion material.

As far as I'm concerned, the Centurion is not XL friendly.

Edit: I give up on Centurions. I can't pilot them worth a damn.

Edited by Greenjulius, 25 November 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#49 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:01 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 25 November 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

I'm having really bad luck with this thing. Like under 100 damage rounds. Worst matches I've ever had. Either the side torsos are huge and easy to hit, or I'm just not Centurion material.

As far as I'm concerned, the Centurion is not XL friendly.

Edit: I give up on Centurions. I can't pilot them worth a damn.

Equip it with 3 SRM4s like everyone else is doing and it will be very hard to get under 100.

I've run the 3 MG and the AC/20 versions, the MG version is more fun. I currently have the AC20 though. If you like the 3 MG build, keep your high STD engine and AMS.

#50 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:43 AM

Brawler

Really potent brawler,use it like you would an atlas,alphastrike -> torsotwist -> alphastrike.
Can pour out those 37 point alphas at very respectable rate.It is really good on supporting your teams main brawlers.
With AC20 cooldown level 5 module the SRM4 and AC20 cooldowns are almost synced.

#51 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:16 PM

Ive been having tons of fun lately in mine with 2xAC2+3xsrm4

Oddly have good rounds with something that im sure is considered terible

Edited by Bigbacon, 04 January 2015 - 06:18 PM.

#52 NameNotAvailable

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:48 AM

I was sceptical at first, but experimented and came up with this :

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f1feff34ff3b5fe

3 srm6A and 1 uac5, had some very nice games in it and that's with hardly anything unlocked. I think I'll be eliting this one after all (I had the other centurions mastered over a year ago as my first mech)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users