20 replies to this topic

#1 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:52 PM

PGI,

I just bought a Timber Wolf pack and my S variant (which I haven't touched yet) is invalid. Is this the intended behavior?

Edited by Stalkerr, 21 October 2014 - 06:52 PM.

#2 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:36 PM

What's worse: When I attempt to open it to customize it, it says all the equipment will be stripped out of the left, right and center torsos... OK, no problem.

However the stripped equipment/ammo is not put into my inventory. It's just GONE. I don't actually have enough cbills right now to buy that equipment, so I can't use the robot I paid $55 (or some portion thereof) to play with.

PGI?

#3 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:38 PM

A bug several people have been reporting - haven't heard from PGI yet (that I know of)

I wish you luck though - cause that sucks.

#4 Gav Cox

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:28 PM

I got the same problem, but I've been using mine, stock standard straight out of the shop. I mastered all three of them to achieve the elusive fourth module slot only to have them take that too. I'm becoming a little disappointed with this trend.If this happened in any other online gaming environment,the pgi people would be in the dock...Do they want customer satisfaction or do they do it to drive people and their human money away to other entertainment avenues?

#5 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

Easy fix for this. Hit the save button then put the stuff back in. Freaked me out at first too :)

#6 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:35 AM

View PostBluefalcon13, on 21 October 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

Easy fix for this. Hit the save button then put the stuff back in. Freaked me out at first too :)

That's the thing, though... When I go to edit, none of the stripped equipment is in my inventory. It's been completely erased. I'm afraid to save if it actually deletes my equipment.

#7 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:02 AM

When you save it, it drops the equipment in your inventory. Had this bug while modifying mechs last week. Hit save and the parts are readded to your inventory.

#8 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:33 AM

What the guy above is saying is that when the game decides you mech is invalid and removes the equipment it is not actually added to your inventory until the mech WITHOUT the equipment is saved. So do as he says and press save then try again.

#9 Verbrand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:20 AM

This is hilarious.

I think it is just the ammo that needs moving

#10 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:17 AM

Go to mech in mechbay
Strip all equipment
Rebuild as necessary

Worked for all three of my timbers last night, as well as my kitfox S

#11 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:15 AM

same problem, tried to fix it the way I had it, but I honestly cant remember what was missing from the inventory or the way I setup the config in the first place, sigh...

#12 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

I suspect some of the mechanics in your mech bays might be thieves, line them up and check their pockets! ;)

#13 HUNTERS MOON

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:51 AM

ALL MY TIMBERWOLVES ARE INVALID. TWO OF MY KITFOXES AS WELL. YOU FOOLS HAVE TAKEN MY TREASURE AND SWITCHED WHAT I PURCHASED. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? HOW CAN YOU SELL ME A SET OF MECHS AND THEN DESTROY THEIR VALUE?

#14 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostRENEGADEMOON, on 22 October 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

ALL MY TIMBERWOLVES ARE INVALID. TWO OF MY KITFOXES AS WELL. YOU FOOLS HAVE TAKEN MY TREASURE AND SWITCHED WHAT I PURCHASED. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? HOW CAN YOU SELL ME A SET OF MECHS AND THEN DESTROY THEIR VALUE?

Calm down, change the loadout and be on your merry way.
It's not like those 'mechs have exactly one possible loadout that makes them good.

#15 Quardak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationRaumsystem Kitzingen

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:05 PM

Hi MasterCapslock. Read the Patch-Notes if you can.

#16 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:10 PM

Even my 'mechs that were valid before this patch (I made them that way knowing this nerf was coming) still said they were invalid after patching. I just went into the mechlab, did nothing, but hit save and then exited and they were good.

That must be the case for your "stock TBR-S" I bet.

#17 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

When this happens to me I log out and then back on and the mech and equipment is restored. As for the S being invalid that is because it should not have fixed jump-jets.

#18 FatManBlue

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:44 PM

I'm so very unhappy that I'm missing 4 tons because somebody "not I" wants my timberwolf to jump like a freaking kangaroo. They gonna fix this? Bah!

#19 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostRENEGADEMOON, on 22 October 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

PGI flat out said they'd be adjusting the balance on those mechs. If you assumed they wouldn't, then you haven't been paying attention to any PvP game put out in the past 5 years, let alone this one.

View PostKain Thul, on 22 October 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

Even my 'mechs that were valid before this patch (I made them that way knowing this nerf was coming) still said they were invalid after patching. I just went into the mechlab, did nothing, but hit save and then exited and they were good.

That must be the case for your "stock TBR-S" I bet.

You need to put the gear back in. If you just save, it won't, and you'll be missing stuff.

It doesn't drop to your inventory till you hit save though. Till you save, it still thinks it's all in the mech.

#20 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:38 PM

Had the same problem.
Just buy the stuff back... if it was one of the stripped items, it will charge you 0 cbills.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users