When Are The Older Is Mechs Getting A Graphics Pass?

4 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:38 AM

I was really hoping that some of the older mechs would eventually get their updated graphics pass.. I thought after clans,, then i see clan Wave II, then i thought.. cool that must be next, and now i see a new IS pack..

I'm beginning to think it is never going to happen. Please tell me i'm wrong.. Heck, even just fix one mech a month, and in a year you guys will be done.. Come on PGI!

As larry the cable guy says..

GIT'R DONE!

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:02 AM

They're constantly doing graphics passes on old mechs, updating them to use modular weapons and such. Basically, mechs get a Hero version and have their graphics updated at the same time. The Cent's where just done, for example, with the CN9-AH.

As far as textures go, new mechs aren't all better or worse, it's pretty much a totally random mess. Lordred has posted charts of mechs vs. texture resolutions detailing this, but it's definitely not a "newer is better" thing.

#3 Destoroyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:08 AM

I dread to think about this subject sometimes cause some mechs got butchered. The Centuriun gun arm is one very good example as well as the Catapult's surplus missles. I Dread to see how bad they butcher the dragon gun arms.

#4 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:11 AM

I just want to see what the PPCs look like in dragon side torsos and such, not to mention the ballistic in the flames L torso. Commandos, Cicadas, cataphracts,and stalkers desperatley need weapon visuals.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:14 AM

They do update the mechs one at a time to the new modular weapon system, the Centution recieved this update earlier this week, and has new missile ports and new right arm (from the elbow down)

If you expect them to rebuild the whole mech to match the quality of the new ones, they've never said as much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users