12 replies to this topic

#1 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:30 AM

Since Alex locked out the 2.0 rewards update I figured I would start a GD thread to talk about what he said and some other things:

The 3 "bugged" rewards sounds reasonable, but in the coming days, I would try and keep an eye on the metrics for lights, as this wasn't just a "farming mechanism" for them, but how they also made half way decent money in matches.

Take the scouting change for example. If its changed to "info gathered" state to trigger the reward, this is going to see light take a sever hit to their legitimate income because its nearly impossible for them to gather info on most of the team.

I really like the changes to the system as it promotes more "role warfare" in the engagements over spamming weapons or equipment, (saw multiple NARC launcher mechs because of the farming you can do on it,) but on paper, this looks like a very big kick in overall productivity for lights. (who typically won't be getting many formation bonus' because it is their ROLE to go out, scout, and flank.)

As he suggested. For new additions, I would like to see the following:

- Rewards given for damage taken. An Atlas' role is primarily to be a bullet sponge. Hand out rewards for every 50 damage a mech tanks without being killed to help reward those mechs that by their role have to put themselves in the line of fire to support team mates.

This reward ALSO gives the additional perk of helping to "ease out" losses. So even if you know your team is on the loosing side of the battle, there is incentive for players to preserve their mechs and tank as much damage as possible, and stay in the fight as long as they can to cash in on this reward.

- Expanded Counter ECM rewards.

Given that TAG and Narc recieved a robust change to their rewards, it would be good to see a similar stance taken to Counter ECM rewards. The Counter and assist are still there and good, but would be good to get other things like "kills" (If a mech under a "disrupted" ECM bubble gets killed by missiles, get a "counter ECM kill assist.")

- a look at the "Brawling reward" trigger to have it trigger both on solo kill, kill registered, or "most damage to mech." as long as all of those rewards where triggered at 0-450 feet to the enemy.

This is actually a very hard reward to receive in the current game, and if anything, is just yet another "tack on" reward to solo kills instead of being its own reward for brawling. The past two nights, I've brawled, scored most damage against a mech, only to have a light or a Gauss sniper from the back secure the kills despite that I did most damage to the mech, and I accomplished it preforming my roll.

Multiple games last night, 600+ damage, 1-3 kills, 3-6 assists, in a brawling roll only secured slightly over 100k. I feel like I am preforming my roll just fine on the battlefield, but am punished for the fact that I NEED to be the one to not only kill a mech within 450 meters, but also be the one that scores "most damage" against a mech.

This makes the "brawling roll" painfully unproductive in most matches for these reasons.

Edited by SpiralFace, 23 October 2014 - 06:31 AM.

#2 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:33 AM

Also the need to have lights and mediums getting protections on heavies and assaults, and assaults and heavies getting protection on lights and mediums.

Being in a light, and protecting a light...seems ridiculous.

And when im in my Shadowhawk...I never seem to protect lights, ever, but im protecting mediums?

Shouldnt my job be to protect the Whales?

#3 van Uber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 284 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:37 AM

My main criticism of Rewards 2.0 is: where can we learn the details of the rewards in game? As of now the information really only exists in the patch notes, so a more new-player friendly, in game introduction/instruction would be nice.

#4 keith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:46 AM

also need something for something when more then 1 mech hits a target at the same time. i see these rewards as teaching new players how they should kinda be playing. hitting the same mech with more then 1 player is a great way to play. give it a small bonus 125 cbills or something. give it a funny name, crossing the stream or cross fire

#5 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:12 AM

Current Rewards system is great! I'm easily making >210,000 C-bills with my Adders now whereas before I was only making about 180,000 C-bills.

#6 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:01 AM

Main problem with this system is on a solo kills vs Assists
Assists are now worth, 2500 down 4000 from 6500,
now assuming a solo kill,
kill........Kill damage.........component.........solo kill..= total
4000........5000....................2300..............10000...= 21300?
not including a 4500 Savior or Defensive along with that,
so solo kill= 21300, and an assist= 2500,

in all my matches tonight i had teammates moving in-front of me for the kill,
its gotten really bad ive have matches ive won where ive only gotten 60,000-100,000 C-bills,
and on a loss(16 or so out of the 25 matches ive played before posting) 18,000-55,000 C-bills,

i play a CuteFox(ECM, 3ASM, 1ERML, 2ERLL),
my brother plays a DireWhale(4DAKKA10, 5MPL),
His Job in a Match is to Take out anything big and suppress Everything,
my job is to provide ECM, AMS, and Anti-Light Support, all wail Sniping,

in one match last night lost(they had 4 mechs left)
he earned 220,000, that same match i earned 38,000,

Kills are worth so much now if you not running Dakka,
then you should run Scout, Hit and Run, or Brawler,
i just feel like the Support Play-style is now Dead,

if you want to promote team play get rid of the Solo Reward, and double all other rewards,
if your winning allot awesome, but if your losing allot in PUG you know what im talking about,

#7 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:34 PM

Raise the assist reward back to 6000 that might help

#8 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 23 October 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

Main problem with this system is on a solo kills vs Assists
Assists are now worth, 2500 down 4000 from 6500,
now assuming a solo kill,
kill........Kill damage.........component.........solo kill..= total
4000........5000....................2300..............10000...= 21300?
not including a 4500 Savior or Defensive along with that,
so solo kill= 21300, and an assist= 2500,

in all my matches tonight i had teammates moving in-front of me for the kill,
its gotten really bad ive have matches ive won where ive only gotten 60,000-100,000 C-bills,
and on a loss(16 or so out of the 25 matches ive played before posting) 18,000-55,000 C-bills,

i play a CuteFox(ECM, 3ASM, 1ERML, 2ERLL),
my brother plays a DireWhale(4DAKKA10, 5MPL),
His Job in a Match is to Take out anything big and suppress Everything,
my job is to provide ECM, AMS, and Anti-Light Support, all wail Sniping,

in one match last night lost(they had 4 mechs left)
he earned 220,000, that same match i earned 38,000,

Kills are worth so much now if you not running Dakka,
then you should run Scout, Hit and Run, or Brawler,
i just feel like the Support Play-style is now Dead,

if you want to promote team play get rid of the Solo Reward, and double all other rewards,
if your winning allot awesome, but if your losing allot in PUG you know what im talking about,

you are doing it wrong. drop a ERLL equip a tag, narc and 2 tons of ammo, or 1 1/2. then stick with him and narc/tag anything he shoots at and kills. you get lots of cbills now.

#9 Rushroca

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:26 PM

So this is weird.
Previously we were told that started locations on maps were adjusted so that combat would start faster. The new locations were obviously designed for lance on lance combat... which failed by just making so some lances drop in no-mans and it generally takes 3-5 mins just for the team to group up.
And now we get this new reward system, which in general looks like an improvement. BUT the new system is completely contradictory to the way the drop zones are setup by encouraging people to group up to get rewards.
So how about this fix the dropzones so we start as a teams again?

Seriously this is almost as schizophrenic as the FBI on phone encryption.

#10 HavoK 99

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:38 PM

Have to agree the assist reward seems low. I had a game tonight in my atlas As7-S where I was out front of the assualt lance did 450-500 damage had 1 kill and 7 assist a few component destroyed and ended at like 33% life and only got 680exp and 160k cred thats in a mech with a 30% bonus and on premium. Overall im getting far less then I use to get maybe its me and my playstyle I dont know.

#11 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:44 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 23 October 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

you are doing it wrong. drop a ERLL equip a tag, narc and 2 tons of ammo, or 1 1/2. then stick with him and narc/tag anything he shoots at and kills. you get lots of cbills now.

played after update,
and ya, im seeing what i was doing wrong, i had to change my play style abit,
im seeing gains, the 20k for losing helps too, i do hope they add more rewards,
i think the ones they have are good, but i would like to see more types,
new system is working well now, still feel assists need a 1k buff but ok,

#12 Malagant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:12 PM

I tend to get stuck with a lot of crappy teams where within a minute 1 or 2 are already dead and it snowballs from there...in this system, with that in mind, how the hell am I supposed to get xp on my mechs? I barely get my timberwolves and the first thing they do is break my builds...I have to say, I'm really furious over this BS...

#13 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:41 PM

I get brawling a lot in my Twolf. really not that hard if you just get in there and dew it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users