Lag Spikes Worse Than Ever

13 replies to this topic

#1 wwiiogre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:42 PM

Since last patch I am having lag spikes of 20 to 30 seconds 4- unlimited times in a game. Where I shoot and play and then all of a sudden I am back 200 meters or 500 meters and its horrible. Game is pretty much unplayable for me and I am located less than 600 miles from PGI. With a 100/10 hard locked connection speed. So once again its PGI network code causing lag spikes and soft locks in the game.

It got fixed about a month ago but now its worse than it was.

Hope you guys can fix this otherwise I cannot play.

Nothing like shooting 82 pt alphas in my new Atlas S and getting no damage for most of the game and ending with 80 pts total damage or 200 pts total damage and team kills cause I soft locked and my teammates walked in front of me while I fired and killed them yet saw the enemy.

Please fix this now!

Chris

#2 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

This almost sounds like the AVAST thing?

I haven't heard of any other complaints like this and it sounds very much like the AVAST issue where it will periodically freeze up almost like clockwork

Take a look?

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:50 PM

You should run a ping logger. Make sure its not your connection or maybe something to do with your isp or your "isp backbone".

Stuff like this like can be virus programs, router issues or hardware going out.

#4 wwiiogre

• 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:43 AM

ran ping logger, and I was not the only one in the match having the issue, every one of our 4 man group had this happen. I had it happen in 3 of 4 matches. Always happens when someone with a ping over 150 was in the match. In the one match it did not happen every player on both sides had pings 100 or lower.

I do not use Avast.

This did not happen two weeks ago, it did not happen one week ago. It happens now and makes the game very unplayable. Like I said, not the only one that saw this happen.

Chris

Russ,

Thanks for popping in.

chris

#5 wwiiogre

• 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:49 AM

Played a handful of matches yesterday, still had lag spikes but they were only for 4-6 seconds and they happened in every single game. Multiple times.

And it appeared on the PGI side as the problem, I am getting thru put to servers all over the world with very good service. Both downloading and uploading and moving masses of data both ways.

I have had this soft lock issue multiple times and every single time it has been a code issue for MWO. Please fix this.

Thanks,

Chris

#6 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:25 AM

Check this out for a lag spike. Couldn't see anything moving on my screen for a good 20 seconds and then exploded, and then still couldn't moving.

Posted Image

The blame for this however, is firmly on Mulcolm Turnbull and Tony Abbott, for giving Australia the shittest Internet there has ever been.

Posted Image

#7 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:36 AM

View Postwwiiogre, on 23 October 2014 - 03:49 AM, said:

Played a handful of matches yesterday, still had lag spikes but they were only for 4-6 seconds and they happened in every single game. Multiple times.

And it appeared on the PGI side as the problem, I am getting thru put to servers all over the world with very good service. Both downloading and uploading and moving masses of data both ways.

I have had this soft lock issue multiple times and every single time it has been a code issue for MWO. Please fix this.

Thanks,

Chris

They tried to optimize the server load a few times now. If it is happening to more than one person doing a match i would guess some backbone is having a problem. If it happens to everyone like we were seeing with the desync i would guess server problems.

Really the only way i could see them fixing this is moving the server again to maybe the U.S.

About the only thing you can do it try a vpn connection($$$) or play during the morning/late night. Slower mechs with less weapons "might" help like say a dual gauss jag or atlas without lrms. This should decrease the bandwidth on your side.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 23 October 2014 - 04:37 AM.

#8 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:04 AM

Experienced the same a while back. Could someone clue me in on what a Ping logger is, and what's up with Avast?

#9 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:28 AM

Sounds more like heat throttling of your GPU. Happens when your GPU overheats and throttles back its speed. This happened to me alot when I played with my older GPU. Doesnt happen at all with my GTX770

Edited by Pr8Dator, 23 October 2014 - 05:29 AM.

#10 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:32 AM

Sometimes its just the damn Windows update downloading its stuff in the background that can cause high pings.

Here in Germany, had no lags since the lag spike drama a few weeks/months ago.

View PostPr8Dator, on 23 October 2014 - 05:28 AM, said:

Sounds more like heat throttling of your GPU. Happens when your GPU overheats and throttles back its speed. This happened to me alot when I played with my older GPU. Doesnt happen at all with my GTX770

this happened every time with my laptop. I hope postAA-fix helps here, will try.

#11 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:40 AM

View PostTexAss, on 23 October 2014 - 05:32 AM, said:

Sometimes its just the damn Windows update downloading its stuff in the background that can cause high pings.

Here in Germany, had no lags since the lag spike drama a few weeks/months ago.

this happened every time with my laptop. I hope postAA-fix helps here, will try.

Yes laptop overheats too easily if it isn't an Alienware (cos Alienwares have those HUGE vents).

#12 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostEonai, on 23 October 2014 - 05:04 AM, said:

Experienced the same a while back. Could someone clue me in on what a Ping logger is, and what's up with Avast?
ping logger can be used to log a ping from a different server. If another server ping does not increase at the same time the game ping increase then you can guess your system is not at fault. What you have to look at after this is a trace route and log this. If the last ping to the server iscreases than its the server. If one of the backbone connections increase than you cant do much about it other than maybe change isp and hope they use another backbone. Avast is a virus progrwm and I beleave it has a firewall. Sometimes these progrqms can slow down your pings when you get heavy cpu load. This is dude to the software trying to run what ever processes its doing before says yes send the packet or no dont aend the packet.

#13 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:58 AM

If he is getting a good ping to other servers over the world there are onlyfew things it can be. Over heating andcpu load would not be the cause or the other servers pings would increase. 1, Its the server 2. Its a backbone right before the server that some people are hsing but not everyone. 3 software that is targeting only the program. Firewalls and virus/malware scanners . These programs will most the time allow the ports for http ping email and such but when it comes to the gaming ports they will check them. 4. Your router might be doing funny things with the ports. Try forwardjng them to your computer. Try direct connecting to your modem and skipping the router if you can.( im typing on my phone forgive the format and spelljng errors)

Edited by Monkey Lover, 23 October 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#14 wwiiogre

• 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:20 PM

directly on modem, skipping router, turned off virus before playing MWO.

Still getting issues, have had these issues off and on whole time I played mwo, they put a fix in, it goes away, then they do a patch or two and it comes back.

Still having issues, srms not causing damage again. Fired almost 200 srms in a match, all within 200 meters, none registered a hit or damage on Atlas facing me and not torso twisting, I only registered 28 damage for match. It was a joke and is making playing MWO impossible at this point.

Played 3 weeks ago no problem avg 500+ damage every game with all but lights. 800+ with assaults. Now I am avg 28-150 because I am lagging out and my damage and hits are not registering.

It must be my fault since I had no problem last week, running it exactly the same way. system is defragged and checked for virus' every night. Directly plugged into modem with 100/10 speed. I have checked and I can download 3gb games in minutes and movies in minutes. Yet playing MWO since they moved their servers I went from sub 50 ping to now near 100 ping and have soft lock issues.

I do not use Avast, system runs cool and quiet and was built 6 months ago by me. No other computers on network, modem and router and encrypted and checked for freeloaders every day.

Sorry PGI, cannot play for now. Sucks since I just bought clan wave 2, got my new Atlas S and Centurion and havn't been able to grind up my atlas cause more than 3/4 of my games are worthless as I get soft locked and then finally come out of it and I am by myself in the middle of nowhere getting killed by lights or lrm'd to death as my team ran away from me and even when I do fire most of my shots do not register. Nothing like using seismic, sneaking up on another Atlas in the back and shooting an 82 point alpha and having 50 pts not register as srms do not cause damage. Shoot again before he turns, same thing. He then cores me while I do only 20 -30 as my srms are useless and do not cause him any damage and he sticks me then kills me. This has happened 2-3 times in last two days. Score less than 200 damage when I know I should have had 500-800.

Sad, very sad.

Chris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users