41 replies to this topic

#21 Sovery_Simple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:06 PM

View PostKrivvan, on 23 October 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

I don't really consider Lights to have the role of dedicated TAG and NARC carriers. They're really more about scouting, fast response, skirmishing/striking, and exploiting weaknesses.

And Lights absolutely can brawl, they're pretty damn good at it.

He's referring to the "brawler" cbill reward. Only mediums and heavies can get that payout.

#22 Dazzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSpain next to Gibraltar

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:18 PM

no way , I have offten carried a TAG on my Meduim for the 2 years I have played and now you want to take way any of the c-bills I could earn becuase you dont like it ?

No way.

#23 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:53 PM

I don't even understand the OP's complaint.

#24 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:55 PM

I don't really consider Lights to have the role of dedicated TAG and NARC carriers. They're really more about scouting, fast response, skirmishing/striking, and exploiting weaknesses.

However, acting as a "Forward Observer"/"Spotter" would also fall under the "typical" duties of lighter 'Mechs.

"Once it locates the enemy, the Raven can bombard him to rubble in two ways. The target-acquisition gear, hooked directly to the Beagle probe, spots the enemy accurately for friendly fire from the Arrow IV artillery missile. Besides this, the Apple Churchill Guiding Light Narc Beacon provides a magnet for direct fire missiles, from the Raven and the rest of its unit." - RVN-3L Raven, from TRO 3050

Also, it should be noted that the "Octagon Missile Magnet Narc Missile Beacon" launcher is carried by the TBT-7M Trebuchet (Medium 'Mech), the ON1-M Orion (Heavy 'Mech), and STK-5M Stalker (Assault 'Mech) as part of their default canonical loadouts & several 'Mechs up to 70 tons carry TAG - so the equipment & its bonuses should not be exclusive to lighter machines, but the lighter (and, more importantly, smaller & faster) 'Mechs should be better-able to perform those tasks (and thus, receive those particular bonuses more often).

#25 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:03 PM

I would disagree about taking away the tag bonus for heavier mechs. I run tag on my brawl DDC so the missiles know which mech I'm brawling and can zero in on it.

Since tag only has 750m range, what about giving lights an additional bonus for any missiles that land on target that were launched by a friendly over 750m from target?

#26 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:28 PM

View PostKassatsu, on 23 October 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

It should be changed to only include LRM damage (from sources other than the one with the tag), increase the bonus if need be since you'll no longer get money for EVERY SINGLE HIT THAT LANDS ON YOUR TARGET.

I agree, which it will probably be changed to.

#27 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:47 PM

How dare people try and make money in a game!

#28 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:30 PM

I think tag/narc only paying to lrm damage would be suffient.

#29 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:12 PM

i disagree giving it only to Lights as most Missile Boats are Heavies and Assaults,
LRM usage, im mixed on this, i mean its not that much of a bonus, extra 10k a match?
a Solo kill(Kill+KillDamage+ComponentDestruction+Other*)= 21500 or more,
Other* = SaviorKill DefensiveKill, if those you can add another 8-9k,

#30 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:50 PM

Anyone who uses TAG is taking a risk because he is revealing his position and gets the most aggro from the enemy. He should be rewarded no matter what damage is applied to the target.

#31 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:08 PM

I can see how TAG/NARC is abusive, it should only give rewards when someone else is doing damage but making it class specific reward? Hell no.

Edited by kapusta11, 23 October 2014 - 11:09 PM.

#32 saberrider

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:09 PM

My little Jenner Oxide SRM boats says: "Mr. Krivvan is right"

#33 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:38 PM

Why shouldnt i get tag bonuses? I pack Tag on ALL my dedicated Lrm support mechs, or any mechs I own that pack lrms as one of the main weapons. I tag things not only for my locks, but to cut through ecm for my teammates and give them harder locks. My lightest LRM mechs are my trusty Catapults. Why shouldnt I get additional Cbills for tagging someone up, dropping the rain on him, and getting him jacked up by all the other LRM mechs on my team?

Lights still have a role when it comes to tagging, especially ECM lights that are tiny, inconspicuous and can park right behind enemy lines completely unnoticed and tag some hapless ******* and get him utterly wrecked without him being any wiser. Your mechs small size makes your REALLY hard to notice, especially in the heat of battle and even MORESO if there are bullets and lasers flying around. a well positioned light going unnoticed by an enemy team and tagging away can ruin people. you know...SCOUTING. RELAYING ENEMY POSITIONS UN NOTICED. the ROLE scouts were ment to play. If anything you should get a larger cbill multiplier for damage assisted due to tagging or spotting specifically for lights, but as far as "NOBODY TAG AND NARC BUT ME"?? No. I actually like that everyones packing tag and narc. I'ts made for some beautiful teamwork now. I say its a good thing, even if its kinda cheesy seeing direwhales festooned with dual tag now instead of dual gauss....

#34 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:47 AM

View PostMercules, on 23 October 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

Sorry but no. What will happen then is someone will tag a mech for the LRM mech, the direct fire mech will spin and shoot it before the LRMs ever hit home. TAGger gets nothing for their effort.

you coul set a timer that at leats some lrm has to be involved into the kill the past 5 seconds. That way the system is not easily abusable and the bonus applies when you made shure the narc and tag did supported lrms taking part in the kill.

but spaming tag + narc at a mech right in the second it dies just to grab 12k, thats nonsense.

View PostKmieciu, on 23 October 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

Anyone who uses TAG is taking a risk because he is revealing his position and gets the most aggro from the enemy. He should be rewarded no matter what damage is applied to the target.

that is true, when he really tags, but yet I cna hide myself, appear right in the moment the big volleys hit the mech to tag it, and grab the thw money.

The issue is all your peoples ways thinking:

One narcs/tags,
One shoots at the narced/tag because of the tag.
Bth share cbills form the work.

But the current truth is this:

people shoot mech X
narcers and taggers make sure to tag the mech before it des to grab bonus.

They do not as before do the initial work and risk, they now appear after someoen took aggro and just spam their tag/narc to secure the money.

And you can't compare this to the brawl reward, shich requires to do most dmagage and killing blow, the narvcer just needs to be "there" clicking two buttons in the last second.

#35 PaGn

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:31 AM

Sorry, but I don't see the big problem with the current system.

With the amount of ECM around, getting Mechs spotted via Tag or even better Narc helps your own team, even when nobody can/will shoot at the target. Knowing where the enemy is and in what Mech is important. So taking a Tag Laser or even a Narc Launcher & Ammo is a good thing and should be rewarded if used successfully. And tagging doesn't take anything away from other players, it just adds a small bonus for the Tagger, which he/she pays in tonnage/slots which could hold a weapon.

And why in the world should only Lights profit? Fast Meds can scout too, even taking more risks with lower speed and less ECM. And even Heavy or Assault Brawlers can tag when charging, giving the second line locks for their LRMs, which is a clear Win-Win too.

Just my opinion...

#36 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:36 AM

View PostChemie, on 23 October 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

I like PGI is trying for role warfare but currently we have 24 mechs paying laser TAG and Narc fireworks to exploit CB bonuses. We end up with every day being like a bad tournament day with people paying for CB instead properly.

The problem is two-fold:
1. Lights can only TAG/NARC. Any other role does not pay
2. Heavies/Assaults can do they same to farm CB. This means people still take assault/heavy as they will always pay more (you get the light role payout by self TAG/NARC and get all the heavy/assault focused payouts).

Ergo, no role for lights.

Only payout CB to lights for TAG/NARC and things make more sense (maybe mediums too)

Makes sense to me, at least in how you guys play in the Group Queue.

In the Solo Queue, however, 9 times out of 10.....lights are NOT your scouts. Most of the time, Lights hide behind the big boys or they're off trying to be a CoD sniper. Most of the time, the scouting is done by Heavies and Assaults. If I'm the one poking my head out trying to get targets for the drooling new players, I SHOULD get some kind of "teach the idiots" bonus....and I'll take what they're giving.

#37 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:17 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 24 October 2014 - 02:47 AM, said:

that is true, when he really tags, but yet I cna hide myself, appear right in the moment the big volleys hit the mech to tag it, and grab the thw money.

guys i just noticed something today,
Tag has a 2 second cool down!

go out and try it, Tag something and blast it just as you activate your tag(put tag in main weapon group)
you will only get 50% of your tag Bonus or less, until the 2ish seconds,

now tag and hold it for 2-3 seconds before blasting the enemy
you will notice you get much more of a tag bonus,

in test i have CuteFox, 1ECM 3AMS 1Tag 2ER-LL,
full ERLL attack with out waiting(assuming most of beam hit) 22 damage = 210 C-bills,
full ERLL attack with out waiting(assuming most of beam hit) 22 damage = 390 C-bills,
so their is a cool down, i think,

#38 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

NARC is standard on plenty of mechs.

They should pay out when they are USEFUL. Staring at someone head on isn't always really TAG beneficial, nacht?

#39 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:40 AM

No, TAG / NARC needs to not be class-restricted, it needs to maybe only pay when it actually is useful
- LRMs
- Streaks
- Lighting up hidden target / breaking ECM

This would make the "whale with lots of ACs and tossing on a TAG for cash" things not as useful - unless someone was also LRMing the target or the target were otherwise ECM cloaked, etc.

Edited by Macksheen, 24 October 2014 - 07:41 AM.

#40 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostMercules, on 23 October 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

Sorry but no. What will happen then is someone will tag a mech for the LRM mech, the direct fire mech will spin and shoot it before the LRMs ever hit home. TAGger gets nothing for their effort.

Im rather curious to what mechs the OP pilots. Im guessing light

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 24 October 2014 - 09:01 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users