Social

6 replies to this topic

#1 Zer0Ry0k0

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:42 PM

I hate it when the social icon is blinking simply because someone joined unit chat or whatever because I am thinking it is a friend request or group invite.

Please separate the notification icon for friend requests, group invites, etc, from people joining unit chat.
Maybe even combine the social overlay with the main interface. This could allow you to also single click straight to the specific message

I love the clean interface of the home tab, keep the social icon and have the new icons for the separated notifications growing from the left or right side of the social icon, and click the social icon to make all the chat windows and chat icons vanish into the social icon and get back to the clean interface we have now (also for those who just want the single icon to notify them for everything)

Less clicks = better user experience, I really think this idea can help to streamline things a bit.

#2 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:37 PM

I wouldn't mind if the social tab was color coded for the type of event taking place. Just something to separate when someone, like you say logs in and logs from a chat or group invite.

#3 Zer0Ry0k0

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:01 PM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 23 October 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

...color coded for the type of event taking place.

Yes, and prioritize things like group invites and friend invites above the "unit joins" type stuff.
so for example, maybe blue for unit joins, and when you get a group invite maybe it will be yellow, and it will make the social button yellow regardless of the blues until the yellow is dealt with.

#4 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:21 AM

How about the ability to tick off what things you want it to notify you about in the settings? First thing off will be log-on and log-off for me, waaaaay too much blinking.

#5 James DeGriz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 374 posts
  • LocationRainham, Kent UK

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:02 AM

View PostHoffenstein, on 24 October 2014 - 12:21 AM, said:

How about the ability to tick off what things you want it to notify you about in the settings? First thing off will be log-on and log-off for me, waaaaay too much blinking.

Yup.. this. Just keep it simple. Give me the option to tell the client what I want notifications for and what I don't.

#6 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:25 AM

How about not having it blink just because I logged on ;)

#7 Kirkland Langue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:39 AM

Not the first thread about this, won't be the last.

I believe PGI is slated to do a UI pass in 2017, we can probably just hang tight and wait till then so that a Dev can remove one, or two, lines of code.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users