Salvage Concept For Cw?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Pale Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 786 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:10 AM

So how do people want salvage to be handled in Community Warfare? PGI currently says there will be strict faction limits on mechs. Is this the most popular solution?

However they said they would look into salvage. So what if salvage were to be implemented what do people want?

An average of 50 tons of other faction mechs per dropship? Assuming a victory with average salvage? Possibly allow up to 240 tons to be amassed at one time? I was originally thinking 100 tons max to prevent the other side from fielding all opposing faction mechs but if we award salvage only on victory then it can be a resource to be conserved.

If your mech is not destroyed it is retained but maybe some salvage must be consumed to repair it.

Salvage could enhance the feeling of battle consequences. It can be obtained no other way except for winning CW battles?

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:16 AM

Future salvage rules are not about what people would like, but about what PGI is able to code.

#3 Pale Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 786 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:31 AM

That is a good point, but the salvage rules do not necessarily need to take into account the opposition's mechs.

But you are right, anything more complicated than a fixed allowance of tonnage would require at least some development resources.

#4 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 24 October 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

Future salvage rules are not about what people would like, but about what PGI is able to code.

Posted Image

#5 SgtExo

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:43 AM

I would love to see a salvage mechanic. That being said, I would prefer seeing salvaged parts given piecemeal.

By this I mean that it should start with equipment (e.i. weapons, equipment), and also give oposing faction tech salvage points. These tech salvage points would go towards being able to equip Clan weapons and equipment in IS mechs and vice versa.

I would also like to see a bidding system after the match, using the tech salvage to bid for equipment pieces. If you amasse enough salvage points, you could start collecting omni pods to start constructing your own omni mech.

This is just idle speculation, but it is a starting point that could be interesting to expand on. But if any salvage is done in CW, it will not be during phase 2, as they are still trying to figure the basics and making it a fun and balanced mode.

#6 Pale Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 786 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:57 AM

Well a preliminary restriction would be to allow 35 tons of opfor mechs per dropship, allowing you to reserve up to 100 tons upon initiation of your 3rd drop if you didn't use any tonnage previously (or if you did, that mech was not destroyed.) Preserves faction identity but allows some flexibility.

Edited by Pale Jackal, 24 October 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#7 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:05 AM

And then weapons but basic ones are destroyed and you have to own the planet to construct them to buy them at a reasonable price or else buy on black market for a massive markup.

Imagine a 6 UAC5 DW going boom and losing all of the UAC5's and his faction not controlling a planet with UAC5 plant, where each one cost 3Mil Cbills on black market. Might see a lot more small lasers hah.

Black market could be a players allowed to purchase X number of pieces to "resell" on BM, but be careful you might outfit your next opponent...dun dun dun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users