#181 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:43 AM

View PostLancer Deistler, on 27 October 2014 - 02:22 AM, said:

Well bad laser hitreg works in both directions. And guess what light usually field? Medium Lasers. Yesterday i had bad hitreg all day. It's frustrating when you have a red cored sidetorso of a heavy or even assault, you unload an 30 DMG alpha into it and than it only slightly blinks. Mediums that feel like they have 90 point of back armor. I know your pain, believe me or not.

the light still has the tactical advantage of speed and choosing the situation, he will have more attmeps to shoot and therefore benefit more from the bad hiitreg than suffering. But yes he also has thats as a downside.

#182 Slackjawlocal

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:02 AM

This event was a total let down. No incentive but the top 10 players of each chassis, who are most likely to be team or world tournament players. Did you notice how far the clan lights are behind IS mech's A total of 6 pilots in clan mech's were able to score over 2k points. IS lights nearly 90% of the pilots scored over 2k points.

Seen people complain about how the assaults don't Attack. Well as an assault mech driver myself. I started to play like I usually as a team. The shield for fire as my team beet the others. Well after about 20 games for doing 700 damage and only getting one kill I stopped. Why you ask, well simple I started to see a pattern. I would take and dish out mass damage as my team mates waited for the center torso to go critical before taking any shots. In turn I would beak a mech down for someone to come a long and snake my 20 points.

This is the biggest problem with this type of tournament. The game is designed to make the most of team play but the one stat that is awarded the most points is not a team effort an promotes an individuals effort.

#183 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:50 AM

Played Friday night a good bit and Saturday night did maybe a dozen more drops... running a Banshee.

Not taking it to serious, bit burned out from the last 2 and the scoring system. Doubt I will stay on the ladder since I did not play yesterday at all and probably will not have the time to play tonight but maybe a very small amount.

I am not sure why they just did not just use match score with some variables accounted for to base a scoring system in these tournaments. Seems like it would be a better reflection of the amount of "work" people are putting during a match. Although I am sure some will disagree.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 27 October 2014 - 05:52 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users