3 replies to this topic

#1 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:08 AM

So I just bought Highlanders and noticed something really glaring. The Highlanders have God awful torso twisting capabilities. My Highlander 733C with a 300 sized engine would turn as fast as a Banshee with a 300 sized engine and only 1 degree/second slower than a Direwolf which also has a 300 sized engine if all mechs had elite bonus.

I would like PGI to consider adding torso twisting speed quirks to the Highlanders as being 10 tons lighter than a Direwolf, it should be able to respond much better than a whale even if they both have 300 sized engines in it. If the Atlas can turn as fast as a Highlander and pack the same weapons loadout, might as well step up the extra 10 tons of weight and still be more responsive than the Highlander, granted without the jump jets.

The first image is off a 733 with a 300 sized engine
The second if of a 733C with a 300 sized engine.
NOTE: 733C is only fully basic and 733 only has Twist Speed on it
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by JujuShinobi, 26 October 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#2 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:10 AM

It used to be that the Highlander was ridiculously fast in turning with the JJ which made it a bit better than it should've been. Things are different now with Clans.

#3 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:22 AM

Dream on. Highlanders are dead, PGI is happy with them being dead.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:06 AM

All of the IS mechs are getting a full quirks pass coming Nov 4th with all kinds of new positive stat buffs. Should see the removal of the 733's negative torso turn quirk and possibly some fresh new positive weapon quirks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users