Custom Matchmaking And Dedicated Host Servers...

2 replies to this topic

#1 DaFurryFury

• PipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:22 AM

The Biggest change that i want is custom matchmaking. I don't know what reasourses are available server wise for PGI but my favorite thing to do is fight my friends. In so many modern games matchmaking forces you on a team but sometimes I want to fight my friends in 1v1 or smallish type games. I want to be able to choose the map we play on and choose teams. This could be an unranked version that doesn't make as many c-bills and experience but would still be fun. I Still like the ranked playlist but only when I'm dropping alone or with a full lance. I mainly just want options. It would be esspecially awesome if I could set up a special dedicated server that runs on my computer and can edit everything to my preference but completely independent of the regular ranked servers.

#2 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:03 AM

View PostDaFurryFury, on 26 October 2014 - 07:22 AM, said:

The Biggest change that i want is custom matchmaking. I don't know what reasourses are available server wise for PGI but my favorite thing to do is fight my friends. In so many modern games matchmaking forces you on a team but sometimes I want to fight my friends in 1v1 or smallish type games. I want to be able to choose the map we play on and choose teams. This could be an unranked version that doesn't make as many c-bills and experience but would still be fun. I Still like the ranked playlist but only when I'm dropping alone or with a full lance. I mainly just want options. It would be esspecially awesome if I could set up a special dedicated server that runs on my computer and can edit everything to my preference but completely independent of the regular ranked servers.

You will never host a match of MWO on your own computer. That would give the server code away, destroying PGIs base of money making and enabling cheat creators to build cheats that are undetected by the current protection system. Giving away the server code is the worst possible thing a free to play game, with the intend of making money, can do.

If you want to run a 1 vs 1 with several option to adjust for your match, you can already do so. All you need to do is to create a private match and both players need to have active premium time.

#3 DaFurryFury

• PipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:15 AM

Oh... Well I was not aware of that. Haha

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users