Hud Warnings For Destroyed Components

No replies to this topic

#1 ChapeL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:48 AM

As vintage as it is to have the original Bitching betty in MWO, it just can't keep up with the speed of the game. Sometimes she will go on and on and on for 20-30 seconds on an endless litany of X destroyed, Y destroyed, Z destroyed, blah blah blah... telling me in minute details that I just lost a side torso and an arm ... all the while skipping the fact I have incoming LRMs or that my heat indicator is in the red band. ( it usually goes like this XYZ weapon/component/heatsink/ammo destroyed... mech shuts down .... heat level critical :angry: :angry: !! ... incoming missile!!! )

I'd suggest taking a page off the old old trailer you had when pitching the game to publishers:

Notice every time the Warhammer takes damage, an outline of the mech appears. You could take that idea and have outline flash into the hud for a second or two with the destroyed part in red and a SHORT abreviated list of lost equipment with it.

This would go along well with a list of audio message we'd allow BB to spam/skip in the game settings... or disable it altogether.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users