Your Killing My Steal

41 replies to this topic

#21 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:10 PM

I only did it so I could keep all your wonderful xp and c-bill until later, when you finally track me down and try to kill me.. ..oops now I am looking after more of your bounty... :P :ph34r:

#22 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts
  • LocationLovingly stroking my Crab Waifu

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:40 PM

The faster the target dies, the faster it stops putting out DPS. If someone just jammed themselves in front of you to kill an awesome missing both it's side torsos, sure, that's lame. A cored Dire Wolf? PFFFFFFFFF

#23 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:14 AM

At least you aren't body blocked to completely prevent you from securing the kill.

#24 Kiyoshi Amaya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 366 posts
  • LocationWaiting for PVE Co-op

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:23 AM

Tried to save a team mate from an enemy last night on mordor but got there a little too late. Took down the enemy that killed him and then got accused of kill stealing... by the enemy. We seem to have a new lot of cod-bf4 kids joining our games. If we had a pve option, I could remove myself from the pseudo-competitive epeen-stroking abuse-fest that pvp is becoming.

Teamwork != kill stealing.

View PostElizander, on 28 October 2014 - 12:14 AM, said:

At least you aren't body blocked to completely prevent you from securing the kill.

People are doing that to me too. This is another noob tactic that's even more annoying than clan lrm's or uac's. They always seem to jump in front of me just as I fire.

#25 Funkadelic Mayhem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:25 AM

No such thing as stealing kills in MWO. Its an FPS, you dont get dibs.

#26 Duke Nedo

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:41 AM

Last week I took out the cent AH for a ride, when we were like 4-4 left I got in a semi-1-1 with a Trebuchet. I hurt him quite a bit but then he fled underneath on HPG. I broke off to return the the main group to help push the rest while the trebuchet was out battle for a while, we secured the win and when we finally chased after the same trebuchet in a 3 v 1 one of my team mates got there first and started to take him down... I arrived just in time to land the killing shot, and on my screen it reads:

"Nice KS!"
and
"Reward: solo kill"

Everything is not always what it seems... :)

#27 Hillbillycrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:30 AM

Challenge weekends are like going out with a s-k-a-n-k. You reckon you might have a good time but there's that gnawing suspicion you'll regret it sooner or later.

You go anyway.

Edited by Hillbillycrow, 28 October 2014 - 03:30 AM.

#28 Vervuel

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:47 AM

LOL was ***** modded?

Edit 1: Ahahahaha crazy Canadians, s-k-a-n-k is not a bad word, not like **** **** ass or damn

Edit 2: ass isnt censored but s-k-a-n-k is? wtf?

Edited by Vervuel, 28 October 2014 - 03:49 AM.

#29 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:57 AM

View PostVervuel, on 28 October 2014 - 03:47 AM, said:

LOL was ***** modded?

Edit 1: Ahahahaha crazy Canadians, s-k-a-n-k is not a bad word, not like **** **** ass or damn

Edit 2: ass isnt censored but s-k-a-n-k is? wtf?

Don't try to understand.
You would blow your mind. ^^

#30 Blakkstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:01 AM

1. Team shooter. No such thing as kill stealing. Arguable for contests, but those usually encourage bad play regardless.

2. You realize that "Kill Most Damage" (top damage on a killed mech whether you or somebody else landed the Killing Blow) now gives you the greatest reward for a killed mech, right?

3. Unless it's some kind of reward to recognize Clan honor rules, penalizing kills is the dumbest idea ever in a team shooter. Yeah, let's encourage the team to stand around watching while one guy slugs it out trying to finish off another mech.

4. Team damage really needs to be penalized and not just TKs.

#31 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:08 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 27 October 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

If they were the only ones with the ability to aim, there wouldn't be a kill to steal.

I was playing a match earlier today on Tourmaline, and I got the upper hand on an isolated Storm Crow in my Nova, which is pretty rare. He makes a run for it and I pursue, slowly taking him apart. One side torso, then the opposite arm, and after a while I get his leg. Lo and behold, as I'm waiting for my lazors to cool down, a friendly Summoner swoops in, having followed us, and grabs the kill.

Now, that Summoner did absolutely nothing to earn that kill. The Storm Crow was basically disarmed at that point. I did all the work, he just got a single alpha strike while I was cooling down.

So you wasted like ... 400-450 damage taking arms and leg off a mech instead of just taking the CT or both legs off? And how much time? You don't deserve the kill in the first place.

View PostAlistair Winter, on 27 October 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

On the other hand, I was playing a match where I was pretty sure we would lose, and I got tired of teammates playing badly against LRM boats, so I leave my unit and run off. Against all odds, a Spider pilot (Lord Auriel) is able to slowly take down one mech after the other, untill the score is 10-9. I rush to help him and our third teammate against the two remaining mechs. Finally, there's 3 of us and 1 of them. A CN9-AH with no ammo. At that point, I still have all my weapons. Lord Auriel is at 29% health and barely alive. I could just have gone in and stolen the CN9-AH kill, but to be honest, I did very little towards earning the victory, while the Spider pilot had 5 kills already, so it would have been a douche move to just go in and face hug the Centurion for a cheap kill. So I hang back, watch the Spider get its 6th kill of the match and tell him "GJ".

My momma didn't raise no kill stealer.

Cudos.

This is a team game. There are no kill steals in a team game. If somebody steals your kills you are playing a different game [redacted]. It appears that during tournaments 99% of solo queue playes that game. Sad.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 28 October 2014 - 03:10 PM.
Language

#32 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:36 AM

Kill Stealing in a team game? No such thing... go play CoD :P

#33 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:51 AM

I never get upset about a "kill steal", usually it also means I get to live rather than take another volley from the enemy.

#34 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:54 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 28 October 2014 - 04:08 AM, said:

So you wasted like ... 400-450 damage taking arms and leg off a mech instead of just taking the CT or both legs off? And how much time? You don't deserve the kill in the first place.

According to whom? You? Give me a break, guy.

Storm Crow has more torso twist than most medium mechs. That's why you don't always hit the CT. But when you accidentally strip another component of armour (e.g. a side torso), you take that out first.

Cudos.

Do you mean "kudos"?

This is a team game. There are no kill steals in a team game. If somebody steals your kills you are playing a different game called [redacted]. It appears that during tournaments 99% of solo queue playes that game. Sad.

Your opinion is noted and disregarded. Have a nice day.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 28 October 2014 - 03:11 PM.
Language in quote

#35 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:04 AM

I'm usually happy to see another teammate jump into my fray... "Yes, please"... draw that Dashi pilots attention so I can molest him unfettered... Hell, feel free steal the kill!

My c-bill piggy-bank loves the new "most damage" reward. ^_^

#36 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:46 AM

This is why they added the new payouts and stats such as "kill most damage" "solo kill" or "brawler." While it did not help in the tourney, it did help with playout a lot and in the end you all know who actually did the damage.

#37 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:47 AM

Unfortunately for you, in this game the quicker you can bring down a single target, the better it is for your team. So there is no dibs.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 28 October 2014 - 05:47 AM.

#38 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:55 AM

In soviet russia steal kills you.

#39 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:00 AM

I left a crippled, stick'ed Warhawk alone to lumber around on one leg with zero weapons in the middle of Alpine this past weekend. Judging by his crying on the all-chat, it was a much better solution than actually killing him.

Yup. Kills are still a meaningless statistic in this game, but let's keep crying about it.

#40 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:04 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 28 October 2014 - 06:00 AM, said:

I left a crippled, stick'ed Warhawk alone to lumber around on one leg with zero weapons in the middle of Alpine this past weekend. Judging by his crying on the all-chat, it was a much better solution than actually killing him.

Yup. Kills are still a meaningless statistic in this game, but let's keep crying about it.

Nicely done sir! I'll often only finish off someone like that if I know it will take too much precious time for the rest of my team to try to finish him off when they would be better off moving on to the next target sooner. Situational for sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users