#1 White Lightning

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

Hey Guys,

So I have pretty much decided that I want to play the Dragon as my main mech. While I know that any faction will be able to pilot any mech I was curious how common the Dragon is outside of the Combine/FRR. Call me a RP'er but I would never roll Fed Suns and pilot a Dragon. So my question is, in Battletech Lore is the Dragon strictly available/produced in the Combine? Are they available for sale to Merc's? Thanks in advance and sorry for the nitpicky question.

-White Lightning

Edit: Spelling

Edited by White Lightning, 21 July 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#2 Jukebox1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 666 posts
  • LocationGermany, Niedersachsen, Göttingen

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

You can buy every Mech, but the price will be different from house to house.

#3 The Packrat

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

Due to how common it is to salvage downed gear from the battlefield in BT, it's entirely plausible for any design to end up in any faction; I imagine the AFFS probably has a surprisingly high number of Dragons, actually.

#4 Ken Moore

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

If you want to go by Lore then yes the Dragon is manufactured in Kurita. However Dragons would be found in Mercenary outfits as well as Davion and Steiner forces as battlefield salvage. Marik and Liao would have smallest chance of having them.

#5 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

View PostWhite Lightning, on 21 July 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Hey Guys,

So I have pretty much decided that I want to play the Dragon as my main mech. While I know that any faction will be able to pilot any mech I was curious how common the Dragon is outside of the Combine/FRR. Call me a RP'er but I would never roll Fed Suns and pilot a Dragon. So my question is, in Battletech Lore is the Dragon strictly available/produced in the Combine? Are they available for sale to Merc's? Thanks in advance and sorry for the nitpicky question.

-White Lightning

Edit: Spelling

If I remind correctly there were merc groups riding Dragons (you see what I did there?) in the lore. If you want to RP, just "salvage" a Dragon in your famous past as a member of XY Corps from those incompetent snakes ;) . I think it will fit perfectly.

Edited by Shredhead, 21 July 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#6 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

Besides, since around 3040 the Grand Dragon was produced and mostly replaced the Dragon in Kurita Forces.
So I guess they'd also sell some of the old, unused and now for them uselss dragons to other armies/merc corps. (In the case of armies probably mostly to Liao, Marik and some Periphery States with whom they share no borders whatsoever but who are on constant quarrels with their enemies).

Additionally: Merc Corps are known for salvaging 'Mechs from the battlefield, so theoretically you can play every 'Mech in a Merc Company.

Edited by Faenwulf, 21 July 2012 - 02:17 PM.

#7 Congzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

Just like how the US sells it's allies weapons so would the houses, I would just mark it up a bit and allow prime variants.

#8 NobunagaReborn

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

This makes me wonder the price of the atlas-centurion and comando for kurita

#9 White Lightning

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Looks like I got myself a salvaged Dragon ;) .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users