- - - - -

Where Is Cicada Cda- 3F?

18 replies to this topic

#1 -FLY

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:57 AM

I wanna buy cicada cda-3f, which have jump jets but when I look at the store there is no such thing as cicada 3f, what happened?

#2 Prof RJ Gumby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:10 AM

There is no Cicada CDA-3F, there is only CDA-3F(L), as any mech with '(L), it is a unique variant that was given out as one of loyality rewards (every november or sth PGi gives out bonus rewards for everyone who bought anything from them for real money).

Unfortunately, none of loyality mechs/variants are for sale. I know your pain, I would love to get my hands on some of the older loyality mechs, but can't

Edited by Prof RJ Gumby, 13 May 2016 - 01:12 AM.

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,265 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:31 AM

Sounds like PGI might have made an error, then. Not a good idea to release such mechs in limited editions like that, and then fail to release a lesser or version later. They could handle it the same way they handle 'Hero' or 'Champ/Community' editions, if they think they have to be uptight about it. :(

~D. V. "Wouldn't we all like one, even without the '(L)' marker..." Devnull

#4 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:42 AM

Well, there are some 'Mechvariants you won't get anymore. They have been given to players for something special they did, may it be supporting the game with buying stuff (Loyality - L) or for supporting the game in it's early state (Founders - F). Other examples are the support for research against cancer (Sarah's Jenner - S[not to be mistaken with special steam variants who also have an S]) or supporting the game wirh lots of money (Golden Clan Mechs - G[with cannot be bought anymore]).
People who own one of these 'Mechs have done something and giving other people access to these 'Mechs without doing something similar wouldn't be fair.

(My opinion, even if I only have L 'Mechs and non of the others and would have loved to had a chance to pay for a Sarah's Jenner)

#5 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:43 AM

I wouldnt mind the custom paint jobs on some of the older L mechs.
Most of the last round of L mechs were pretty meh.
The Cicada was kinda neat because it could jump. Pretty outgunned compared to other Cicadas.
The L Wolverine was TERRIBAD.
The L Zeus was good.

I understand the last round of clan loyalty mechs were fairly "meh" as well.

#6 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:45 AM

Loyalty 'mechs in the past have been made available, like the Atlas-S. It did take quite a while though, but the latest set should be released at some point.

#7 Prof RJ Gumby

• The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:02 AM

View PostCyborgDragon, on 13 May 2016 - 01:45 AM, said:

Loyalty 'mechs in the past have been made available, like the Atlas-S. It did take quite a while though, but the latest set should be released at some point.

Wonder if they'll do the same for loyality camo. I would buy one for the cent AH(L) if I could.

#8 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:11 AM

Right now your best bet might be to get the Phoenix Hawk, if you don't mind spending real $ and are willing to wait a month. It can fill about the same battlefield role as the CDA-3F. It won't get quite to the same speed as the max-engined Cicada, but will still be quick with great jumping ability. And it'll give you ECM.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:07 AM

I had seen a non-L AH in game actually. All green, no paint job and no pattern. Will look into it. PGI said releasing them for cbills and MC was to be determined.

Alternatively they have given away the first 3 loyalty variants twice. It is likely they will do the same for the second three. Only one I didn't get was cicada 3f.

Been running my AH loyalty at 64.8 kph and I'm loving it. Only issue is running out of ammo. Happens often.

#10 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:10 AM

View PostKoniving, on 13 May 2016 - 07:07 AM, said:

I had seen a non-L AH in game actually. All green, no paint job and no pattern. Will look into it. PGI said releasing them for cbills and MC was to be determined.

Alternatively they have given away the first 3 loyalty variants twice. It is likely they will do the same for the second three. Only one I didn't get was cicada 3f.

Been running my AH loyalty at 64.8 kph and I'm loving it. Only issue is running out of ammo. Happens often.

The CN9-AH, AS7-S and KGC-0000 have been out for CB for around six months. I'm surprised the next wave of loyalty mechs hasn't come out for CB yet. Honestly, though, none of them are a big deal. The NVA and EXE are non-unique CTs and available omnipods, the Zeus is only OK, the CDA is amusing but noncompetitive and the WVR is one of the worst variants in the entire game. This is in stark contrast to the AS7-S of last year which was and remains the best Atlas.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:10 AM

View PostProf RJ Gumby, on 13 May 2016 - 01:10 AM, said:

There is no Cicada CDA-3F, there is only CDA-3F(L), as any mech with '(L), it is a unique variant that was given out as one of loyality rewards (every november or sth PGi gives out bonus rewards for everyone who bought anything from them for real money.

Conditions were:
Bought MC (ever)
Bought package (ever)
Bought a package within x time.
Bought MC (recently)

#12 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,396 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:27 AM

All loyalty variants are Free and Early Access.

They will all be released for cbills at a later date. The cicada 3F is a jumping machine, close to spider 5V jump ability. Posted Image

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:49 AM

View PostAmsro, on 13 May 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

All loyalty variants are Free and Early Access.

"If you meet certain conditions."

View PostTercieI, on 13 May 2016 - 07:10 AM, said:

The CN9-AH, AS7-S and KGC-0000 have been out for CB for around six months. I'm surprised the next wave of loyalty mechs hasn't come out for CB yet. Honestly, though, none of them are a big deal. The NVA and EXE are non-unique CTs and available omnipods, the Zeus is only OK, the CDA is amusing but noncompetitive and the WVR is one of the worst variants in the entire game. This is in stark contrast to the AS7-S of last year which was and remains the best Atlas.

To add some more to this.
Huh.
I got the Zeus (which is ok), the Wolverine (which is awesome, but I'm a pretty good Wolverine player), the Atlas S... which I think is a piece of garbage compared to my Atlas D, RS and Boar's Head. (Poor Atlas K). The NVA, meh. Do like having missiles but a single missile hardpoint REALLY hurts it. Nova in general could seriously use multiple ballistic hardpoints in an arm, too.

Should see if I got an Exe. Would be great as I haven't tried them yet (then again I had the Wolverine, Nova, Zeus for months before I realized I had them!) Do you know what the condition was for it?

Edited by Koniving, 13 May 2016 - 09:49 AM.

#14 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:14 AM

View PostKoniving, on 13 May 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

Should see if I got an Exe. Would be great as I haven't tried them yet (then again I had the Wolverine, Nova, Zeus for months before I realized I had them!) Do you know what the condition was for it?

Looks like any Top Tier Clan collection in 2015.

I love you , Kon, but you're daft about the WVR-7D and the AS7-S. The worst (maybe even with the Quarantine, also rubbish) and best variants of their chassis, respectively. Don't think any competitive player would disagree with that. But I realize that's not your POV. :)

#15 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:42 AM

View PostTercieI, on 13 May 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

I love you , Kon, but you're daft about the WVR-7D and the AS7-S. The worst (maybe even with the Quarantine, also rubbish) and best variants of their chassis, respectively. Don't think any competitive player would disagree with that. But I realize that's not your POV. Posted Image

I think that post outlines one of the best aspects of the community who frequent this forum.

One of the best things about the regulars around here is that we have many different viewpoints but we can respect each others opinions and the differing opinions (hopefully) help give those asking for help a rounded understanding of the options including the advantages and disadvantages inherent to each chassis, weapon, role and play style.

#16 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:35 PM

i am also very sad they have not actually released the CDA-3F, i missed the gifting and have been keeping tabs ever since, if we really want the mechs now we need to make a twitter storm to convince PGI that "it's time"

the only Cicada with JJ, i have wanted this for a long time now... too long...

#17 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:40 PM

also the Executioner, i've wanted to try things like this for some time now

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b5ec8bb6f2a20d0

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7005599b1d21b2e

but that "C" arm is still not available.

#18 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:44 PM

Just like the Atlas S and the Centurion AH ,both were Loyalty only at first but were later relesed as a regular variant, so I expect the rest of the special ( non hero ) mechs will be available sooner or later for Cbills.

#19 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:48 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 13 May 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

I think that post outlines one of the best aspects of the community who frequent this forum.

One of the best things about the regulars around here is that we have many different viewpoints but we can respect each others opinions and the differing opinions (hopefully) help give those asking for help a rounded understanding of the options including the advantages and disadvantages inherent to each chassis, weapon, role and play style.

Truth. However, personally I agree with Terciel on this one.
Besides, the AS7-S is THE lurm atlas to have :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users