• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:54 PM

Russ and PGI;
please consider changing the quirk system around on the locust 3M and 1E
the small laser buff would go well with the 3M and dual AMS
1E really would benefit from the small pulse buff.
the 3M duel AMS build is nice on the locust but extremely hard to fit with the limited tonnage.
We are talking about one of the weakest and most un-played lights in the game. This quirk system could really change all that. Please just consider it or maybe some one will point out something or link a build to prove me wrong but a simple switch in my mind would make both of these mechs extremely fun and powerful at the same time.
Thank you.

#2 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:04 PM

View PostLordLosh, on 29 October 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

Russ and PGI;
please consider changing the quirk system around on the locust 3M and 1E
the small laser buff would go well with the 3M and dual AMS
1E really would benefit from the small pulse buff.
the 3M duel AMS build is nice on the locust but extremely hard to fit with the limited tonnage.
We are talking about one of the weakest and most un-played lights in the game. This quirk system could really change all that. Please just consider it or maybe some one will point out something or link a build to prove me wrong but a simple switch in my mind would make both of these mechs extremely fun and powerful at the same time.
Thank you.

Lolcusts are gonna suck either way, everyone that isn't drinking vodka at the moment would see that.

(On a serious note, I thought that Small Pulses with XL 190 dual AMS was possible with full armor but I'm not hardcore enough to pilot a Lolcust. The other 1E should get ML buffs since that's actually possible too.)

#3 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:28 PM

The LCT-1E runs a tad too hot with six SPL or six ML; as such, I never run it with those weapons. I run it with a mix of SL and ML and it does just fine.

SPLs on the LCT-3M, on the other hand, are perfect. And you can get three ML onto the LCT-3M to do the same damage as five SL for when you want to run twin AMS. DPS is lower, but the range improvement is handy. That said, I wouldn't be against also adding perks for the regular small laser to supplement the small pulse ones.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 30 October 2014 - 07:06 AM.

#4 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:20 PM

When I saw the bonuses were for SLs and SPLs I kinda gave up on my plans to buy locusts, but even the 30% extra range on MLs takes them to 351m. Maybe 40-45% range for all energy weapons would be a good middle ground? I'm going to get one of the 169/171 km/h mechs, I guess it depends on what the commando's quirks are like.

#5 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:08 AM

Why would that make you give up on Locusts? Locusts are one of the few 'Mechs in the game where Small Lasers are actually useful, because they can be boated, because the 'Mech is so fast that it can compensate for range limitations, and because they will allow you to fit a large amount of heat-sinks. You should be hanging around near your team when playing the Locust anyway, so the bad guys will be coming to you.

#6 Josef Nader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:33 AM

View PostJohn1352, on 29 October 2014 - 11:20 PM, said:

When I saw the bonuses were for SLs and SPLs I kinda gave up on my plans to buy locusts, but even the 30% extra range on MLs takes them to 351m. Maybe 40-45% range for all energy weapons would be a good middle ground? I'm going to get one of the 169/171 km/h mechs, I guess it depends on what the commando's quirks are like.

You actually want to use Smalls and Small Pulses on the Locust. When you're going 171 kph, it's nearly impossible to keep a medium laser on a target for the full burn, much less on a single component. Medium pulses are too heavy, but the Small Pulse is a happy butter zone where you deliver the damage almost instantly and can get back to maneuvering very quickly. Small lasers are about as long as you'd ever want the burn duration on a Locust to be. Any longer than that and you're firing off into the sky.

Are they short range? Yes. Can you get in and out without getting seen and focus your damage effectively? Yes.

#7 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

View PostJosef Nader, on 30 October 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

You actually want to use Smalls and Small Pulses on the Locust. When you're going 171 kph, it's nearly impossible to keep a medium laser on a target for the full burn, much less on a single component. Medium pulses are too heavy, but the Small Pulse is a happy butter zone where you deliver the damage almost instantly and can get back to maneuvering very quickly. Small lasers are about as long as you'd ever want the burn duration on a Locust to be. Any longer than that and you're firing off into the sky.

I'm looking forward to the 5 SPLaser Locust 3M. I even have a SPLaser range module to go with it too.

It's going to be fun :) ...I hope LOL.

#8 oktocat

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIn a Mist Lynx?

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:37 PM

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=JoLkbjMZxZs

Watch it and weep, haters, even if its only for the 1-V...

Edited by oktocat, 02 November 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#9 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:10 AM

View Postoktocat, on 02 November 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=JoLkbjMZxZs

Watch it and weep, haters, even if its only for the 1-V...

It is one fast firing ERLLaser. I'm going to have fun with that mech...until it disintegrates when a peble gets kicked up at it from another mech. Still, I'm going to be running my Locusts post quirk pass.

#10 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:06 AM

I've got a LCT-1E video coming down the pipe today... I think you'll be surprised at how deadly these mechs can be now!

#11 Guardian2000

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:16 PM

3M is amazing running small pulse. Almost too good. But I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Edited by Guardian2000, 08 November 2014 - 11:50 PM.

#12 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:27 PM

Locusts are really only being played because of hard mode. one or two shots from the wrong weapon and you die. If you want to make it survivable you should be using ER Large laser(s). Small lasers require you to get close, and thus more likely to take a guass or a ac 20 to the ******* face. both of which will either kill you, or leave you running desperately away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users