- - - - -

November Roadmap - Feedback

332 replies to this topic

#321 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:55 PM

View PostLeopardo, on 21 November 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

dear Russ, please give spiders structure quirk for legs - need it so badly!)

First remove the anti-laser-lag-shield they have. Then apply quirks. Same applies to firestarter, btw.

#322 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:25 PM

rant time! gotta defend my little buddy...

as far as quirks go they all seem pretty legit - except the quirks you guys decided for the BJ-1 are just plain insulting for one of the lower tonnage medium mechs in MWO

there are 2 arm-mounted AC20 medium mechs - the BJ-1 and the YLW. the BJ-1 is slower and has less armour than the YLW making it more vulnerable, so to use it optimally it needs to stay low or quite simply it's dead. it's primary armament is supposed to be an AC20 which give it a chance to operate in this manner properly by taking quick pot-shots and retreating back into cover, and you give it...AC2 quirks? so it needs to stand out in the open no speed and no armour, and deliver a "punishing" 4 points of damage per shot so it can get 1-shotted within 3-4 shots of it's crappy AC2 by pretty much most mechs in MWO? does that even make any sense? i play 30+ games every week and i don't remember seeing more than 1 or maybe 2 BJ-1s this entire year - the quirks were an opportunity to boost those number up at least some but no one in their right mind is throwing AC2s on anything, let alone a 45t mech with little armour

heck i'l go even as far to say i don't remember seeing an AC2 in months - because it stinks when you have to stand out in the open for an extended period of time to deliver tiny amounts of damage unless you can take damage in return. and that damage has to be up to and including Dire Wolf alphas. with little speed and little armour, the BJ-1 isn't taking any alpha without losing a lot if not most of it's armour, and then you'r supposed to expose yourself AGAIN to keep popping off AC2s? sounds like either a short game or a game with a lot of hiding and very little firing/damage to me

but you give the YLW this massive list of new quirks even though it's faster and better armoured? and the quirks are all HIGHER than the BJ-1? sure the BJ-1 has JJ, but because you can barely fit anything on it beyond the AC20 it's a horrible idea to fit on more than 1 JJ which is near useless outside of climbing a steep incline

the BJ-1 is a solid mech but it needs to be used a certain way to be successful and that doesn't give it a lot of options. if it was even reasonably good before the quirks you would have at least seen it on occasion but yet it pretty much disappeared from the battlefield, and in it's current quirk state you'r making it even less of an option to use

at minimum make it EQUAL to the YLW, and if it's too strong (which it won't be), then dial it back. but give it a chance to shine because as it stands now it has no chance

#323 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:03 PM

I have tried the Ac2 many many times. The noise is obscene and the damage is even worse. It does 2 points of damage not 4 and that 2 points of damage is cut down to 1 point of damage I think if its at extreme range....... Either way for some reason the damage isnt consistent leaning towards next to no damage most of the time. 1 in 10 matches it seems the ac 2 does damage. Maybe I am using it at extreme ranges I am not sure why the damage is so bad so often.

#324 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

View Postsabujo, on 25 November 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

First remove the anti-laser-lag-shield they have. Then apply quirks. Same applies to firestarter, btw.

They gotta nerf the huge firepower of some of the lights. Its one thing a Dire Wolf on the horizon blowing off torso's etc in a flash second, its another watching a Jenner pull up look at my STK and blow a fresh side torso of in a flat second then blow the other off the next second..... A Direwolf is never able to do that to my STK ever. Yes I use cover and it is slow, as is my STK, thats the point these light mechs a packing to much firepower at their speeds...... Balance is messed up until this is dealt with.

The last comment I heard defending this was " But light mechs are usefull now because of this". Thats not true many light dont and cant pack that firepower, the Commando being one, "some lights being usefull" is actually some lights are OP and the other struggle to do well.

I think my Commandos firepower is fine by the way, seriously. It gets one shot wreckaged to often is my only complaint. Even in mid air going 140 kph off a cliff by a dual guass mech also in mid air using jump jets if you can believe it.... also it wasnt just me that cataphratc was jump sniping.

Edited by Johnny Z, 25 November 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#325 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:45 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 25 November 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

I have tried the Ac2 many many times. The noise is obscene and the damage is even worse. It does 2 points of damage not 4 and that 2 points of damage is cut down to 1 point of damage I think if its at extreme range....... Either way for some reason the damage isnt consistent leaning towards next to no damage most of the time. 1 in 10 matches it seems the ac 2 does damage. Maybe I am using it at extreme ranges I am not sure why the damage is so bad so often.

Are you trolling? (Seriously, I am curious)

The AC2 does 2 points of damage - hence the "2" in "AC2" - and any range beyond optimum has reduced damage, just like every other weapon system (with the exception of missiles, obviously). At near maximum ranges, you are doing less than a point of damage, yes, just like you are with lasers, AC5s, Gauss, etc.

If you are not seeing damage on the paper doll, though, that means you missed due to hit registration or, much more likely, poor aiming.

#326 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:25 AM

Liking the new quirks but the Blackjack needs a little more attention please. They're an even rarer sight than the Awesome. I for one like them but am getting a little bored of the blind sheep mechs which the world and his wife pilots.

The Quirks have improved variety a bit more now but its still too much of a Metamech race. I for one love killing half the enemy team in my awesome 8Q or one shotting a mech in my wubjack but please can we see more of them on the battlefield. It makes me sad :( when i drop into a game and see yet more Atlases, Catapults, Spiders, Jenners and Jagermechs. Can we spice things up a little more by like say giving my blackjacks a +20% engine speed quirk for example. Even the venerable Hunchie and Centurion are proving to be a rare sight these days

PS. Can we cap the assault mechs already it seems there are far too many assault mechs in game, usually dopey, ignorant, Spatial awareness lacking, lumbering team shooting reverse blocking Direfails and atlases.

#327 Leopardo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:06 AM

Dear Russ, please give srm4 quirk for spider anansi - it needs so much! also quirk for less heat generation of energy weapons)
also quirk for legs structure.

Edited by Leopardo, 27 November 2014 - 05:06 AM.

#328 Motörhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:39 AM

I got the wolverines, the quirks are nice, the only one who has a strange quirk is the 6R (Missile Weapon Range).

No one is going to use that, really, it's nice to have a Dragon's little brother, but it also needs some structure protection, at least in the arm, given it has less DPS and less armor then the dragon, which sit at a 10% higher DPS.

#329 Marcus Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:41 AM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 30 October 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

As to ECM I feel this change to BAP is a nice change.

If we ever completely revamp ECM that is something that will take a fair bit of time after we have completed CW, so in the meantime I am not going to completely ignore any small tweaks we might be able to add.
I have about six friends who would be willing to come back to the game if you followed his suggestions on ECM.

I played a few dozen drops the other day out of excitement just on the suggestion that maybe at some point in the vague future, you *might* make it be the kill-switch for advanced tech. I drop maybe ten times every six months or so just to check up on the game, hoping that you'd follow the advice of people like me who've been calling for something more like TT since the thing dropped.

---

How many guys out there play LRMs without the artemis/narc/tag bonuses? It's a big deal, I promise. If everyone could take ECM, and it isn't countered by NARC (counters it instead) and isn't countered by TAG (flat TAG bonus, but you don't get artemis back) and isn't countered by a UAV (instead blinds the UAV), and isn't countered by Beagle (instead countering the Beagle bonus), and TAG range goes back down to 450m, then your LRM boats are often going to be working without the bonuses.

Working without those bonuses is plenty of LRM nerf.

---

The concern seems to be that without ECM it'll be harder to get heavies and assaults to combat without being seen, and that lights often rely on ECM to be snipers.

A good solution to those shouldn't involve ECM. Raven-3L mechs can works as snipers, but it's tough luck for a 4X. If you'd like to make it harder to detect lights, then make it harder to detect lights period. Have detection range depend on tonnage (so rather than a flat 800m, it's 8*tonnage, or 5*tonnage+300). There, any light can hide, and any light can work as a sniper. It would be a bit harder to see heavies and assaults, but not by much - and that's probably a good thing. There aren't enough benefits for going with a lighter mech right now.

Hell, ECM should probably be a thing that stops UAVs. That'll let it do your "hide the group" function and cancel the lurmpocalypse.

#330 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:06 AM

Necro-post much?

I disagree with a lot of what you say too for what its worth. ECM is already a jesus box and if I'm understanding your post you want it to counter NARC and Tag? (I'm unsure by how you phrased it). That is insanity.

#331 Marcus Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:04 PM

Been out of the game so long I got the wrong November (wow, this development moves slowly when last year's roadmap feels current). I wanted ECM to counter NARC, provided it did nothing at all to normal weapons locks. I'd want the whole thing flipped on its head, where it won't do anything to many mechs, but cuts out a lot of the special missile bonuses as well as stuff like the UAV. No jesus-box effect.

#332 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 735 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:50 PM

Just read the new tweaks to voting system. I like those and I hope they stick. It would seem like a good compromise for all parties involved.

#333 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:11 PM

Give the Atlas D 200% ac20 cooldown, thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users