#61 Athalus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:54 AM

My 4 LPL Jester is ready!
Go Wubster :wub:

Edited by Athalus, 04 November 2014 - 01:55 AM.

#62 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:57 AM

Wubmaster is happy
WUBMASTER IS COMPLETE

Posted Image

#63 ShadowWolf Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:05 AM

View PostAthalus, on 04 November 2014 - 01:54 AM, said:

My 4 LPL Jester is ready!
Go Wubster :wub:

I have 6 MPLs on mine since I like it to be fast. With the JJ nerf, it's jets are as anemic as the Highlander was when it was originally nerfed. Now the Highlander jumps better than the Jester, which is pretty sad. That 340-360XL is pretty much mandatory now imo because you're also still suffering the mega twist nerf quirk and can't use jets to compensate anymore.

For sniping, I prefer the K2 since it does it much better.

4 LPL was a lot of fun on my CTF-3D.

Edited by ShadowWolf Kell, 04 November 2014 - 03:06 AM.

#64 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:16 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 04 November 2014 - 01:52 AM, said:

unfortunately this is very much what many people do not understand. People have a bad understanding how heat is affecting a battle over time and how heat as a ressource is to be handeled. Yet even realising how to optimise a build for "heat efficiency" This is also a reason why many don't unserstand how a 4 medium iS light is superior to a 4 CERML Clan light.

unfortunately, this change will bugg the laser vomit crow and laser vomit TBR a lot more than it will buff clan lights.

I basically now got +4 damage per vomit now and have a lower duration, menaing less time to exposure.

Yeah, except in MWO, where the only goal of heat is to keep it below 100% lol......skimming the heat scale at 99% is no big deal, cuz besides bitchin' betty in your ear with her horridly spoken "Heat level critical", there is no down side for heat. And 1 more heat? for 2 more damage? PLus more range and a shorter duration? It might affect a mech with less heatsinks then a Wubhawk, but really, I dont see the 1 extra heat as going to be that bad....I can currently duo fire 1LPL/1LL 9 times before reaching critical heat.....I can quad fire it 3 times.....wait just a second or two and I can go back to safely duo firing it.

Even the SCR ive got, 4 ML, 3 SRm4, it can pretty much belch out those 4 ERML in a duo fashion for a good long time before riding that Critical heat level......only time i shut down is when I forget to glance at the heat bar and fire when im at 92% vs 95% heat lol.......

In a game like the Clix MW:AOD game heat is a resource to be handeled, in MWO, its barely a factor.....you dont even shut down for more then 2-3 seconds at a time and your back in action.

Obviously, having bad heat eff just means you cant endlessly fire, but pack in enough heat sinks and what does heat even matter?

#65 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:34 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 04 November 2014 - 03:16 AM, said:

Yeah, except in MWO, where the only goal of heat is to keep it below 100% lol......skimming the heat scale at 99% is no big deal, cuz besides bitchin' betty in your ear with her horridly spoken "Heat level critical", there is no down side for heat. And 1 more heat? for 2 more damage? PLus more range and a shorter duration? It might affect a mech with less heatsinks then a Wubhawk, but really, I dont see the 1 extra heat as going to be that bad....I can currently duo fire 1LPL/1LL 9 times before reaching critical heat.....I can quad fire it 3 times.....wait just a second or two and I can go back to safely duo firing it.

Even the SCR ive got, 4 ML, 3 SRm4, it can pretty much belch out those 4 ERML in a duo fashion for a good long time before riding that Critical heat level......only time i shut down is when I forget to glance at the heat bar and fire when im at 92% vs 95% heat lol.......

In a game like the Clix MW:AOD game heat is a resource to be handeled, in MWO, its barely a factor.....you dont even shut down for more then 2-3 seconds at a time and your back in action.

Obviously, having bad heat eff just means you cant endlessly fire, but pack in enough heat sinks and what does heat even matter?

you name scr and dw, exactly those mehcs who don't have issues with this. which is exacly the reason why you say 2 dmg 1 heat not an issue. It makes a very big difference in other mechs because.

look simple example:

you mech has a heta treshold of lets say 60. yet your mech can carry 4 lasers.
Now you have an is medium laser build and any cerml build.

so IS mehc has 5 dmg for 4 heat.
and Clanners have 7 dmg for 6 heat.

so from your heat ressource as a clanner you cna fire 10 lasers, then reach heat cap, thats 70 damage. an is mech can fire 15 lasers and deal 75 damage.

So out of a ressouce the is mechs cna get MORE. and now if you dissipate heat o matter if you stay constantly at 95% heat or not, the IS can get more damage out of X heat. IS lasers are more heat efficient. All that clanlasers do in real truly is: throw out more damage initially and heating up faster. but they are NOT better. they are actually worse in heta efficiency. And when the IS players do not realise that you need to push at the clanmechs laser builds then they will fail, because granting clanners time to cool down is the worst strategy. You have to ambush and put them in a brawl. because you are in the mech having all the advantages: shorter burn times. --> faster firing --> more damage where you need it, and you are more heat efficient.
But that is what many many players do not initially understand. And every time you let a clanner cool down to 0 wepaon heat in the heat treshold, you as an IS mech are wasting ressource giving the clanner the advantage of the initial higher firepower.
that is why nearly any is light can outplay the clanlights rather easily if they know what they do and the clanners as well, because that small diference is the edge in the combat between 2 equally and well skilled palyers in theoretically identical mechs. Additionally size and speed also affects this even further to favour the IS.

Edited by Lily from animove, 04 November 2014 - 03:35 AM.

#66 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:03 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 03 November 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

I changed my WHK-PRIME to this and ran it over the weekend. I like it, can't wait for tomorrow's changes to try it some more.

It is definitely more of a DPS build than a face melter but more often than not once I start the wub they start going for cover.

Loving this build now.

Thanks guys!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users