• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:51 PM

My favorite to date is the my Gauss adder....

1x Gauss
2.5 tons Gauss Ammo
2x ER Sm Lasers
1x ER Med Laser

I also like my WubAdder...

1x LRG Pulse Laser
3x MED Pulse Lasers

Both are sneaky and can dish out more then a 20 pt alpha. :P

Edited by DarthRevis, 03 November 2014 - 01:52 PM.

#42 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 03 November 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

My favorite to date is the my Gauss adder....

1x Gauss
2.5 tons Gauss Ammo
2x ER Sm Lasers
1x ER Med Laser

I also like my WubAdder...

1x LRG Pulse Laser
3x MED Pulse Lasers

Both are sneaky and can dish out more then a 20 pt alpha. :P

I'm running a Gauss + 2 ERSL combo myself but with 3t of Gauss ammo. I had to remove about 1/2 the armor from my head to fit this, where do you find the extra .5t for the additional ERML?

#43 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 03 November 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

I'm running a Gauss + 2 ERSL combo myself but with 3t of Gauss ammo. I had to remove about 1/2 the armor from my head to fit this, where do you find the extra .5t for the additional ERML?

I have removed i think 26 or 28 pts of armor from all over the mech....like 6 from both legs 4 from both arms 1 from the head etc....i can post the build when i get home. Wont be for a few hours though. (7pm EST)

#44 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 03 November 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

I have removed i think 26 or 28 pts of armor from all over the mech....like 6 from both legs 4 from both arms 1 from the head etc....i can post the build when i get home. Wont be for a few hours though. (7pm EST)

Too bad we couldn't just remove the flamer for that .5t AND get a FACE LASER................sigh.

#45 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

I run two adders. Both get largely ignored. Gauss and 2x ERMLas with 2.5 tons ammo, and a quad A-SRM6 setup with six tons of ammo.

The spladder, by the way, is no joke. It is also the only brawl mech I've piloted that people consistently ignore, until they get one or two shotted by the 48 point alpha on the thing tearing into their rear torsos.

#46 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 November 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

I run two adders. Both get largely ignored. Gauss and 2x ERMLas with 2.5 tons ammo, and a quad A-SRM6 setup with six tons of ammo.

The spladder, by the way, is no joke. It is also the only brawl mech I've piloted that people consistently ignore, until they get one or two shotted by the 48 point alpha on the thing tearing into their rear torsos.

Do you just eat the ghost heat then (since you metnion alpha with 4 SRM6)?

#47 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:05 PM

Yep. If it gets too toasty, fire two at a time. Arms + torsos. Slap on the hand actuator though. Seems to help catch shots that would otherwise hit your legs.

#48 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:07 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 November 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

I usually run my Prime as a Cougar Prime, or well as close as I can get it to that...

Since the Cougar was built off the Adder...

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Cougar

ADR-COUGAR

Makes a nice little hit and run mech, that is largely ignored.

#49 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:07 PM

Feels like I'm in another reality, I see Badders getting melted left and right in my matches without doing much. It's like a Firestarter with half the life expectancy or less.

#50 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:11 PM

Torgun, all about the approach. Adder is alone? Dead meat. Adder moves with anything bigger? They ignore the adder for the bigger threat. Two spladders in your backfield? You might have heavy mechs dropping before they knew you were there. As for enemy lights, it takes one and a half salvos to the ct of a Jenner to put it down. So, yes, come and fight the badder.

#51 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 November 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

Torgun, all about the approach. Adder is alone? Dead meat. Adder moves with anything bigger? They ignore the adder for the bigger threat. Two spladders in your backfield? You might have heavy mechs dropping before they knew you were there. As for enemy lights, it takes one and a half salvos to the ct of a Jenner to put it down. So, yes, come and fight the badder.

Sure if you're right beside a Direwolf anyone will fire at him first. But then again you could be in a KitFox and also be ignored and have ecm too that make you even harder to spot. But the lack of speed really hurts you bad compared to IS light mechs.

Edited by Torgun, 03 November 2014 - 02:18 PM.

#52 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:21 PM

View PostTorgun, on 03 November 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

Sure if you're right beside a Direwolf anyone will fire at him first. But then again you could be in a KitFox and also be ignored and have ecm too that make you even harder to spot. But the lack of speed really hurts you bad compared to IS light mechs.

My Kit Fox would beg to differ about the not being a priority target.... I can be next to an Atlas or Dire Wolf, and make no mistake I will be shot first, usually by someone aiming at my right arm, to remove ECM and AMS cover from the assault mechs I am with.

#53 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:23 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 03 November 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

My Kit Fox would beg to differ about the not being a priority target.... I can be next to an Atlas or Dire Wolf, and make no mistake I will be shot first, usually by someone aiming at my right arm, to remove ECM and AMS cover from the assault mechs I am with.

Depends on if your team are heavy on LRMs or not, otherwise I'd say killing the Direwolf ASAP would generally be the high priority.

#54 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:25 PM

Plus, difference in role. ECM fox is pure support. One of your arms hit hard. The other is limited. Adders are raw damage, better armor, superior hit boxes, and have an extra ton or so for equipment. If you build a fox to do an adders job, you end up with an inferior mech. Basically, the adder is not a light mech. It is a fast medium. I would take it one on one in a slug fest against any other medium.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 03 November 2014 - 02:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users