Game Crashes To Desktop Upon Leaving Match

3 replies to this topic

#1 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:17 PM

It happens with annoying frequency, it feels like it is constant, but it's probably only once or twice in 10 matches. It's just very frustrating.

When I click to leave the match, there's a pretty good chance of the game crashing to desktop. No error message or anything, it's just gone.

Some system specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z68X-UD3H-B3
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16302MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

#2 Voodoomancer

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:36 PM

Fenrir: does it actually return to the desktop, or do you just get a black screen?

#3 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:27 PM

View PostVoodoomancer, on 01 November 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

Fenrir: does it actually return to the desktop, or do you just get a black screen?

No black screen, as I said, crashes to desktop. No error message, just 'poof' gone.

#4 Not Bob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 688 posts
  • LocationThat one place

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:42 PM

I've had the same issue, send in a ticket to support. They are actually quite helpful.

Here's one of the things they asked me to do:

[color=#2B2E2F]Can you download and manually install the latest NVIDIA drivers for your card range? When running the install, please select the Custom option and check the 'Clean installation' box. It looks like you might be encountering an issue we're starting to notice that's specifically affecting NVIDIA cards, where driver updates or existing driver versions are running into errors with MWO due to leftover information from previous driver versions. This issue seems to occur more frequently if the driver updates are being conducted through GeForce Experience.[/color]
[color=#2B2E2F]
[/color]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users