5 replies to this topic

#1 War Kitten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationUnder a Cat

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:49 AM

Greeting All,

First off, I would like to thank the Devs for the Halloween Special. I am having fun winning things now and again. Thank You!

A-hem...I am thinking of trying the Arty/Air strike consumables. Went to the settings, the names are there, but there is no key binding listed, it is just blank. Tried to add one, but no go. What keys are used in game to get them to come on line and then activate?

Thank you all for your help!

War Kitten

"I told my wife, I didn't have a code word for the security people. She said "yes, Bill, you do and I told it to you twice". I asked her what it was....she said it was "Bill".

Bill Cosby

#2 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:28 AM

Did you add one to the mech from the same screen as you do modules? Default key bindings are ins and home for slot 1 and 2 respectively

#3 MFZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:38 AM

View PostWar Kitten, on 02 November 2014 - 01:49 AM, said:

Went to the settings, the names are there, but there is no key binding listed, it is just blank.

Correct.

View PostWar Kitten, on 02 November 2014 - 01:49 AM, said:

Tried to add one, but no go.

Why not? Error message?

#4 Konril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:13 AM

As was said already, the default key bindings has 'Insert' set to use the first consumable mounted on a mech, and 'Home' set to use the second module.

In order to change this from the key bindings section, you need to double-click what you want changed, and then press the key you want to change it to when "BIND KEY" is displayed. Honestly, that throws a few people for a loop since it isn't mentioned in any manual that I know of. But it is possible to set a specific consumable type or a consumable slot to different keys if you want to.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:14 AM

to assign a key binding go to:
settings
keyboard
double click ether the "key map" or "alt key map" next to the command you want,
then press the key you want assigned to it,

or you can set key bindings for "module slot 1" (the top consumable and "module slot 2"(the bottom consumable), I have the 6 weapon fire groups on my mouse and have reassigned consumable 1 to slot 1 (where I usually install a strike) and 2 to consumable slot 2 (where I usualy put a UAV)

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:35 AM

Default uis per SLOT and not per consumable; You can set specific keybinds to each specific consumable in the menu if you wish. (I do this instead of using slots)

Doubleclick the empty spot next to the command and then press the new key.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users