Why Not Have Era Instead Of A Moving Timeline?

General

3 replies to this topic

#1 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:58 AM

I dont know why i wanted to redo the game entirely today but here goes.

The battlemech we are getting are limited by the time we are in and as we move forward some mech will become obsolete. To try and balance things out(not phase out mech) PGI is doing quirks and balance pass over mech/weapon so that current era IS can actually fight CLAN. Later IS made better mech up to par with CLAN. Multiple ERA would make it easier though PGI would need to create more mech and at a faster rate. They would sell faction ERA pack just the same.

With an ERA we would not be limited in mech and scratching our heads how to balance things out. If you want IS versus CLAN you choose the era appropriate to you(more than one). If you want IS vs IS you play other era, you could have stock version or futur version with upgraded mech. You could still have no upgrade IS versus full on op CLAN weaponry even if it would be limited to the roleplay crowd.

A timeline limit us on the mech we can get right now and right now PGI is still just trying to add more content to the game but eventually we could switch to era.

To make up for the splitting on pilots i would just entirely remove ELO in an era match, era would be split in servers, i would imagine multiple chat room like in Path of Exile with different league where you can just chat with everyone of that era and chose a map that shows the number of people queued on that map before it starts. I would limit/balance class/tonnage so you dont get match with 10 heavy 1 assault 1 light, hence the queue.

the big con would be removing the free for all we have now because of the lack of proper balance needed for a fps. Or we keep the balance/quirks but still add era to the join button.

I think the bigger challenge is having the mechs in game to play those era.

#2 Kavoh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:04 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 02 November 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

I dont know why i wanted to redo the game entirely today but here goes.

The battlemech we are getting are limited by the time we are in and as we move forward some mech will become obsolete. To try and balance things out(not phase out mech) PGI is doing quirks and balance pass over mech/weapon so that current era IS can actually fight CLAN. Later IS made better mech up to par with CLAN. Multiple ERA would make it easier though PGI would need to create more mech and at a faster rate. They would sell faction ERA pack just the same.

With an ERA we would not be limited in mech and scratching our heads how to balance things out. If you want IS versus CLAN you choose the era appropriate to you(more than one). If you want IS vs IS you play other era, you could have stock version or futur version with upgraded mech. You could still have no upgrade IS versus full on op CLAN weaponry even if it would be limited to the roleplay crowd.

A timeline limit us on the mech we can get right now and right now PGI is still just trying to add more content to the game but eventually we could switch to era.

To make up for the splitting on pilots i would just entirely remove ELO in an era match, era would be split in servers, i would imagine multiple chat room like in Path of Exile with different league where you can just chat with everyone of that era and chose a map that shows the number of people queued on that map before it starts. I would limit/balance class/tonnage so you dont get match with 10 heavy 1 assault 1 light, hence the queue.

the big con would be removing the free for all we have now because of the lack of proper balance needed for a fps. Or we keep the balance/quirks but still add era to the join button.

I think the bigger challenge is having the mechs in game to play those era.

They can barely even keep up with a 1:1 timeline and are missing most of the mechs and tech from this era and you think they can create and maintain multiple eras of mechs and tech?

#3 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostKavoh, on 02 November 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

They can barely even keep up with a 1:1 timeline and are missing most of the mechs and tech from this era and you think they can create and maintain multiple eras of mechs and tech?

Well because now they are still trying to make a base for the game, "finish" it, making mech would become their main priority(isnt it already?) and they would sell era pack instead of just faction pack.

#4 Kavoh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:16 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 02 November 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

Well because now they are still trying to make a base for the game, "finish" it, making mech would become their main priority(isnt it already?) and they would sell era pack instead of just faction pack.

I cannot honestly say what their main priority is. Tbh I lost track a long time ago :(

Edited by Kavoh, 02 November 2014 - 12:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users