Jihad books

22 replies to this topic

#21 Nerroth

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 07 June 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

For what it's worth, I would actually like to see the WizKids campaigns receive support in the form of rules/supplements within Classic Battletech as well, both because of the potential they offer, as well as to make for a more seamless transition. So far, unfortunately it seems as if CGL is skipping this sub-era entirely (with the new Era Report jumping right to 3145), but ... as you said, let's wait and see. There is one more supplement announced (Wars of the Republic Era); perhaps that one will offer us some material.

There will be a product designed to bridge the gap between Historical: Wars of the Republic Era and Era Report: 3145; the PDF-only Era Digest: Dark Age. That file is said to run from 3130 (the year when Devlin Stone stepped down as Exarch of the Republic of the Sphere) to around mid-3134 or so (when things started to "get real", in terms of the major state and Clan actors jumping into the fray).

Edited by Nerroth, 08 June 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#22 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

Hmm, timewise, that might fit right in. I hope it deals with the Republic's internal issues and offers some additional background into movements such as the Dragon's Fury, then.

Thanks for the info. /bow

#23 Pht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

View PostUller Phrost, on 25 June 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

... I have been reading about this Jihad stuff...were they trying to destory the game?

Yes, because obviously, everything that's NOT 2990-3026 scavenger tech picking over the bones BT must obviously suck ... because it's NOT 2990-3026 scavenger tech picking over the bones BT gaming. :(

unmanned super mechs? Did any thing not get nuked down to the sub crust. How can anyone that plays classic battletech eat this? The whole thing reads like the systematic genoside of the human race by WoB.

I see someone hasn't read the classic BT novels that described comstar's goals to be just that since the first time we ever heard of them ... comstar has ALWAYS wanted to be seen as the "savior" of mankind, and, say, primus myndo waterly not only let the clans use their network when the clans first invaded, they HELPED the clans, until they realized that the clans weren't just going to smash everything, but that the clans wanted terra.

Comstar in the novels has ALWAYS viewed themselves as "the savior of humanity" and have very often thought they could be such by destroying said humanity.

And yes, WOB does = comstar of the past, before the schism, in many ways. The way the WOB differs from the pre-schism comstar is that there are no more moderating elements in the WOB, whereas there were in comstar.

Of course a group of self-messianic murderous loons would think they could murder off half the known people in the universe and than later be seen as the saviors of said universe.

They did more damage in 10 years then Stefan Amiris, the clan invasion and the sucession wars. 4 to 40 divisons in a few years? They built a quarter of the total exodus fleet from nothing.I see some of this gargage

Than you have to say the clans were garbage too... that is, if you're going to be consistent.

Btw, it wasn't "4 too 40 in a few years" - they seized/took with them in the schsim large swaths of comstar's apparatus, including terra. You know, the same comstar that produced a HUGE army to fight at tukayyid? They also virtually took over the production capabilities of the FWL, long a leading high-tech and "black sea" naval producer.

dseems to be published by Cat labs. Does anyone even play that jihad or did we buy those books and bury them. I plan on ignoring everything after operation White as game breaking. Sorry been reading these books and couldn't help the rant and had vent everyone else agree?

This is the same kind of whining that happend when the clans were introduced - people who simply don't like the storyline inventing false reasons to say that, no, they don't like it because it "doesn't fit the lore" ... not just because .... they don't like the storyline.

Man up.

Just say you don't like it.

Edited by Pht, 09 June 2013 - 10:47 AM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users