Removing Cn9-Ah From Inventory

33 replies to this topic

#21 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:06 AM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 04 November 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

Who knew free things were such a curse.

I'd get rid of that U2 album if I used iTunes, but I'd never want to delete any mechs.

#22 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:09 AM

You could always make a new account

#23 UrsusMorologus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 616 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:10 AM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 04 November 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

Who knew free things were such a curse.

Most expensive thing in the world is a free boat

#24 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:16 AM

I guess OCD has become one of those disorders that we need to tolerate. :rolleyes:

#25 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,971 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:36 AM

Posted Today, 07:08 AM
I seem to be unable to remove the CN9-AH from my inventory. Before you start giving me reasons I should keep it, please understand that I'm not confused; I know what I'm asking, I don't want it in my mech garage, and the game won't let me sell it. Failing that, I'd rather just delete it.

Thanks to helpful suggestions in advance.
Edited by Valencewolf, Today, 07:09 AM.

Valencewolf thanks for posting the question I was wondering the same thing
It would be wrong of me to let you take all the heat (the shocking heat) for asking a question when I want to do the same

And yes I sort-of wanted the free Mech bay
I have never taken the CN9 out just to the training grounds that's it

Guys---guys don't have a cow about this I am as surprised as anyone that I don't want a bunch of Mechs
I want to get some Blackjacks and Cataphracts’ (they only ones I did any good in)

If I have to keep it big whoop it’s just a question

#26 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:37 AM

Guys, the OP was respectful in asking about how to do it. He didn't complain about getting free stuff, he simply asked how he could get rid of it. And once he's gutted it (something anyone can do), there may be little reason for him to keep it other than it is irreplaceable.

I disagree with his desire (I'm enjoying it, and I hated Cents), but that doesn't mean he's got a right to his opinion.

#27 AlexEss

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 04 November 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

I guess OCD has become one of those disorders that we need to tolerate. :rolleyes:

It is a natural reaction to our overly crowded reality. =)

I am so glad i do not suffer from it.

#28 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:03 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 04 November 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

They could update the UI to add a remove option for gift mechs (instead of sell for normal mechs).

If you select remove, it will ask you if your sure, tell you the removal is permanent, and notify you that all associated equipment and the mechbay will be removed as well. Select yes, and it's done.

Seems fair I suppose.

i would suggest a HIDE feature. Have a Home view (or favorites) and a ALL view, that has all of your mechs, so i play these 10 mechs on a regular basis i want to browse them, and if i want something oddball or different, i click "ALL" and look at all my mechs (clan mechs especially, i primarily play 1 variant, i don't need to see the other two, and i don't want to sell them.)

they made huge strides here recently with hiding away the Trial mechs, next step, all the other mechs i don't play.

EDIT: also...WHY U NO LIKE CN9-AH, itz got gunz and missels!!!!111one [/trolly]

Edited by KamikazeRat, 04 November 2014 - 08:05 AM.

#29 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:11 AM

View PostKamikazeRat, on 04 November 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

i would suggest a HIDE feature. Have a Home view (or favorites) and a ALL view, that has all of your mechs, so i play these 10 mechs on a regular basis i want to browse them, and if i want something oddball or different, i click "ALL" and look at all my mechs (clan mechs especially, i primarily play 1 variant, i don't need to see the other two, and i don't want to sell them.)

they made huge strides here recently with hiding away the Trial mechs, next step, all the other mechs i don't play.

EDIT: also...WHY U NO LIKE CN9-AH, itz got gunz and missels!!!!111one [/trolly]

Hide feature would be good. I actually would like player created custom tabs so the player could organize his/her bay as they see fit.

P.S. I hope that last part is directed at the OP, because I like my AH. That mech is a really nice close range brawler...real nice.

#30 tredmeister

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 112 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:01 AM

I don't mind the free mech setting there, and you can strip it an sell the parts if you want to...
(I really don't use it myself either, as I already have 3 mastered Cents that I prefer over this one).

I am more bothered that the introduction of dynamic hardpoints (along with this mech), has made all of the CN9's look terrible. Also, all of the exposed metal areas on the Cents are now a shiney blue color, instead of the old matte black.

Here is a before and after pic of my CN9-A... :(

Spoiler

Edited by tredmeister, 04 November 2014 - 09:02 AM.

#31 Valencewolf

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:49 PM

Since many of you seem to be unclear about me not wanting your rationalizations, let me say it again:

I DON'T WANT YOUR RATIONALIZATIONS!

I'm not ungrateful to PGI; I appreciate the gesture, but I have a system regarding mech purchases and organization, consistency, etc., and the CN9-AH sort of gets in the way. They can take away the mech bay, I'm not trying to cheat them out of MC. I'm not trying to get over on anything. I'm not being whiny, or entitled, or anything else some of you idiots have acused me of. I just don't want the CN9-AH. Believe me, if I could donate it to someone else, I'd gladly do that.

#32 Macster16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 576 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:01 PM

I'm kind of in the same boat as the OP. Never played Cents, don't care for 'em. Smallest engine I own is 280 and the AH only takes upto a 275 which means I'll have to buy an engine just to use it and I'm not gonna sink so many million cbills into a mech I have zero interest in. If I could sell it or whatever, I would without hesitation.

But then again, it doesn't really bother me at all. Atleast I could strip it off and sell it's weaps/equipment for some cbills....

#33 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 04 November 2014 - 05:49 AM, said:

I am trying to think of a redeeming reason for the OP.

How about this? When you have an Inner Sphere account and a Clan account, there's no upside at all to having a locked CN9-AH and AS7-S on your clan account. No upside. At all. If you want to play them, you'll switch to your IS account. You can't sell them, you can't gift them, you can't do anything with them. They're just in the way.

View PostGyrok, on 04 November 2014 - 05:41 AM, said:

Unappreciative, self entitled, twits like you ruin this game for others.

Hostile people ruin the forum for others.

#34 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:22 PM

For the time being if you don't run mediums you can just use the filter for the mech category you do use and not have to look at it. Mind you more filters and control over how our mechlab is displayed is always a good thing and one of the reasons why the ability to filter out champion mechs was so desired.

Mind you, something I would think would be kinda cool would be if players could donate premium content to have PGI donate a fraction or all of it's value to a charity.

Edited by SuckyJack, 04 November 2014 - 04:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users