• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:16 AM

If you haven't seen the list yet, here it is:

https://docs.google....&pli=1&sle=true

For the most part I love them. They are mostly buffing stock builds and I think we'll see quite a few dusty mechs on the field again.

Some quirks seem different then stock but better. I think the Dragon 1C / 1N / 5N and Locust 1V fit this category.

But some are just terrible. These are the ones that bug me the most:

1) Firestarter S - This mech has dual AMS and 7 energy hard points which make it the best Firestarter for running in the middle of things. But PGI is buffing ER Large Lasers....

2) Kintaro 18 - With a stock build that has a single LRM5 and 3 SRM6s, PGI gives major quirks to the LRM5.

3) Catapult K2 - Best known for its high mounted PPCs and controversial exploited ballistic slots, PGI quirks medium lasers and the ballistic slot. Really?

And the one that bothers me the most:

4) Dragon Flame - I paid good money for this and have mainly enjoyed 4 Large Lasers or a Gauss and 4 Medium Lasers. Stock it has ER Large and AC2 (which they give buffs to the other Dragon variants) But, no, PGI gives it an AC20 buff. And not even a good one like cooldown. The Flame is NOT a Hunchback. Dragons have to go fast which mean XL engines. This makes no sense to me. And why oh why is it considered a Tier 3 mech??

Sure there are others including the Blackjacks, but these 4 really bug me.

Which ones bothers you the most?

#2 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:21 AM

View PostTastian, on 04 November 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

3) Catapult K2 - Best known for its high mounted PPCs and controversial exploited ballistic slots, PGI quirks medium lasers and the ballistic slot. Really?

This.

#3 That Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:21 AM

the CN9-A getting all SRM-4 quirks

none of the firestarters getting flamer quirks. :ph34r:

#4 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:27 AM

• SRM range
  • PPC/ERPPC range
  • Energy weapon cooldown

All wasted quirks.

#5 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:36 AM

The KTO18 quirks are going to get LRMs nerf'd. I gaurantee it. Which sucks because I like piloting the KTO's.

#6 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:45 AM

View PostThat Guy, on 04 November 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

I hadn't thought about that. I agree.

#7 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:46 AM

View PostThat Guy, on 04 November 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

Firestarter quirk

Flamers now produce screen shake upon striking the enemy......

#8 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:47 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 04 November 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

• SRM range
  • PPC/ERPPC range
  • Energy weapon cooldown
All wasted quirks.

SRM ranges are garbage.

Too bad one PPC quirk couldn't have been no minimum range.

Energy cooldown can be cool for chainfiring or when you are light dueling or when you are being ignored.

#9 Trevor Belmont

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:58 AM

Agreed on the Dragon - Flame AC/20. There's no way in hell I'd run mine like that. Defeats the point.

#10 EyeOne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:59 AM

The Grid Iron getting a UAC5 quirk instead of a Gauss one is pretty strange.

#11 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLake Constance, Germany

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:09 AM

Blackjack Arrow getting AC20 and no LPL/energy quirks.

#12 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:10 AM

They mixed up HGNs, gave missile quirks to the Laser variant, and Laser quirks to the missile variant..

The Flame, obviously.

Most of the Heroes' quirks are really 'meh' and won't actually be all that useful, which atm, is preventing me from spending any money on one. (Jester, for example)

If they actually gave some of the heroes decent enough quirks, that make sense for what weapons already work on them(ie, Hellslinger, good quirks), i'd be more willing to drop money on one or two, but as of right now, looks like non-hero variants got way better quirks, leaving most of the heroes by the wayside. Sure, you get the CBill bonus, but aside from that, looks like now most heroes will actually be less useful than their counterparts.

Looks like in most cases they hit the nail on the head with quirks, then there's mechs you look at on that list and wonder what they could possibly be thinking, and where they have been getting their feedback from.

#13 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:14 AM

More and more I'm coming over to the PPC camp on the K2. I was originally unsure due to the meta potential (PPC and A/C combos), but when Mechs like the Jager still get PPC buffs (Firebrand), I am now feeling slighted.

The K2 should have had PPC quirks (around 10% improvement) for cool down and range and projectile speed.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 04 November 2014 - 07:16 AM.

#14 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,952 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:32 AM

Quickdraw didn't get enough Leg quirks, 10% structure? pff, its still going to get insta-legged constantly.

#15 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:35 AM

• SRM range
  • PPC/ERPPC range
  • Energy weapon cooldown
All wasted quirks.

Depends on what you are piloting. Energy weapon cooldown on my Commandos means my 1-2 lasers can fire a bit faster turning them into 1.2 - 2.4 Lasers, so to speak. Much of the time I have the heat but the dang things are not recycled yet.

SRM range is REALLY nice. Those extra meters mean I don't have to get THAT much closer to someone. 324m instead 270 before a weapon module. I don't have to hug people to hit them with SRMs.

PPC range really extends it out and you would be surprised how many people don't realize they are standing still in the open because they can't really see you. More importantly it increases the EFFECTIVE range meaning if I do hit at 1k with an ERPPC I am still doing 10 damage instead of 8.5.

#16 Triban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • 202 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:36 AM

Firestarter K - Even with the buffs (which SHOULD have been SPLAS buffs), it's always better to run 6 MLAS instead of 8 SLAS. More damage, less heat, more range.

Logic.

#17 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:41 AM

1) Firestarter S - This mech has dual AMS and 7 energy hard points which make it the best Firestarter for running in the middle of things. But PGI is buffing ER Large Lasers....

^^ That, LL don't belong on Firestarters!!! Not a single bit! This mech could be awesome with 5ML, BAP(after changes to counter ECM range) and 2xAMS, but we get LL... What the... Give the upcoming Panthers LL (and PPC, depending on variant) buffs, not the Firestarters. Who sacrifices 6 Hardpoints to be able to carry 1 LL? Thats right, noone!

View PostShadow Magnet, on 04 November 2014 - 07:09 AM, said:

Blackjack Arrow getting AC20 and no LPL/energy quirks.

^^ Also this!

The BJ-A has a CT mounted energy hardpoint and 6, i repeat 6 ballistic hardpoints in the arms which make it the perfect 6xMG (due to light weight) and LPL in the center STD engine ZombieJack, but ney, they force an XL engine AC/20 build onto this mech. So 5 ballistic hardpoints down the drain and no ZombieJack capabilities... What a waste. But at least the BJ-1(C) comes with the perfect setup for the BJ-A but receives AC/2 buffs...

All in all the Quirk System seems pretty good, but all the ballistic versions of the BlackJacks are completely wrong. Like seriously wrong. LPL/MG for BJ-A, AC/20 for BJ-1 and AC/2 for BJ-1DC please.

Still i don't want to sound unappreciative, many of the Quirks are well thought out!!

Edited by Myke Pantera, 04 November 2014 - 07:43 AM.

#18 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:41 AM

View PostMercules, on 04 November 2014 - 07:35 AM, said:

Depends on what you are piloting. Energy weapon cooldown on my Commandos means my 1-2 lasers can fire a bit faster turning them into 1.2 - 2.4 Lasers, so to speak. Much of the time I have the heat but the dang things are not recycled yet.

SRM range is REALLY nice. Those extra meters mean I don't have to get THAT much closer to someone. 324m instead 270 before a weapon module. I don't have to hug people to hit them with SRMs.

PPC range really extends it out and you would be surprised how many people don't realize they are standing still in the open because they can't really see you. More importantly it increases the EFFECTIVE range meaning if I do hit at 1k with an ERPPC I am still doing 10 damage instead of 8.5.

Commando is a joke mech, nothing will help it

By the time SRM volley reaches 270m mark the target will be long gone

Same thing with PPC, EFFECTIVE range is determined by projectile speed.

#19 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:46 AM

If you haven't seen the list yet, here it is:

https://docs.google....&pli=1&sle=true

For the most part I love them. They are mostly buffing stock builds and I think we'll see quite a few dusty mechs on the field again.

Some quirks seem different then stock but better. I think the Dragon 1C / 1N / 5N and Locust 1V fit this category.

But some are just terrible. These are the ones that bug me the most:

2) Kintaro 18 - With a stock build that has a single LRM5 and 3 SRM6s, PGI gives major quirks to the LRM5.

And the one that bothers me the most:

4) Dragon Flame - I paid good money for this and have mainly enjoyed 4 Large Lasers or a Gauss and 4 Medium Lasers. Stock it has ER Large and AC2 (which they give buffs to the other Dragon variants) But, no, PGI gives it an AC20 buff. And not even a good one like cooldown. The Flame is NOT a Hunchback. Dragons have to go fast which mean XL engines. This makes no sense to me. And why oh why is it considered a Tier 3 mech??

Sure there are others including the Blackjacks, but these 4 really bug me.

Which ones bothers you the most?

you are thinking wrong, they just buff one of some wepaons, there are still fine and proper laodouts

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7a76e82fcf89ca7

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5e59a8986525c59

just try somethign new xD

• SRM range
  • PPC/ERPPC range
  • Energy weapon cooldown
All wasted quirks.

no sure, having srm range is not useless when it makes you stay outside soemone elses rm's and you being in range.
also PPC/ERPPC rnage is also not that pointless. when you use it at 1000m you will do more damage due to the dropoff starting later.

Energy cooldown, that is probably really a useless one, since most energy boats run hot sooner or later anyways.

View PostMister D, on 04 November 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:

Quickdraw didn't get enough Leg quirks, 10% structure? pff, its still going to get insta-legged constantly.

but then 5 more internal, is at least a single IS medium laser hit.

#20 Alexander MacTaggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostEyeOne, on 04 November 2014 - 06:59 AM, said:

The Grid Iron getting a UAC5 quirk instead of a Gauss one is pretty strange.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around PGI making up an entire mech/variant and then not giving it quirks for the weaponry they gave to it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users