Tag/narc Exploit Obviously Inflated Average Earnings So We Are Going To See A Rewards Buff Soon, Right Pgi?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:00 PM

Ok so now we have a fix for the TAG/NARC exploit....Woot. However this got me thinking.

Prior to this patch and a fix for this massive exploit, PGI claimed that the global average for rewards had remained the same with the introduction of the new rewards system.

Therefore, doesn't it stand to reason then that without this exploit that was letting a large portion of the player base farm C-bills to the turn of 300-600k a match, that we are actually making significantly less with the new reward system?

I mean at least half of the players were farming C-bills this way, easily making 60-100k more per match than the rest of us not farming C-bills this way so obviously that must have had a tremendous impact on the average earning numbers. Equally obvious is that now that the exploit is fixed then we should be seeing at least a 20-30% increase in rewards incoming right?

Seriously, don't let PGI forget this little fact and sweep yet another C-bill nerf under the rug. Without the exploit we are making alot less globally and it needs adjusted.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:06 PM

You underestimate their commitment to the Paulconomy™.

#3 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:08 PM

Without the exploit we are making alot less globally and it needs adjusted.

So you're mad that you can't abuse exploits now?

#4 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:16 PM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 04 November 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

So you're mad that you can't abuse exploits now?

Think he's mad for getting 25k for a loss and nothing else because every game is a stomp with this MM

#5 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:16 PM

Ummm, I've never used TAG or NARC and yet my earnings have been typically above what I made before the new rewards system, even for losses.

I'm all for a buff so I can make even more, but I'm not sure a buff is needed just because the TAG/NARC exploit has been fixed.

Clearly lower earnings are connected more to certain play styles. Those that liked to run off solo and play relatively passive away from their team were no longer making as much as they used to, as the new rewards greatly encourages sticking together as a team. The TAG/NARC exploit could have been a way for those solo-minded players an opportunity to still make a decent amount.

I think instead of a buff, it's time for these soloists to learn how to play as a team, instead of PGI ramping up rewards for bad solo behavior.

#6 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:25 PM

Loved the screen shots we had before the tag/narc nerf.

#7 ZippySpeedMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 356 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Dropship Earth

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:34 PM

Say it with my everybody, it's a very personal, very important thing, hell it's a Mechwarrior's personal motto..

Are you ready PGI ?

I just want to make sure you're ready.....

"Show me the Money"

Just say it with me one time....

"I Love Mech People"

#8 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:35 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 04 November 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

Ok so now we have a fix for the TAG/NARC exploit....Woot. However this got me thinking.

Prior to this patch and a fix for this massive exploit, PGI claimed that the global average for rewards had remained the same with the introduction of the new rewards system.

Therefore, doesn't it stand to reason then that without this exploit that was letting a large portion of the player base farm C-bills to the turn of 300-600k a match, that we are actually making significantly less with the new reward system?

I mean at least half of the players were farming C-bills this way, easily making 60-100k more per match than the rest of us not farming C-bills this way so obviously that must have had a tremendous impact on the average earning numbers. Equally obvious is that now that the exploit is fixed then we should be seeing at least a 20-30% increase in rewards incoming right?

Seriously, don't let PGI forget this little fact and sweep yet another C-bill nerf under the rug. Without the exploit we are making alot less globally and it needs adjusted.

PGI's official response:

#9 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:37 PM

View PostXetelian, on 04 November 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

Think he's mad for getting 25k for a loss and nothing else because every game is a stomp with this MM

I cant quite get how there are so many stomps when there are 24 people on a side and 12 of them win each match....and why one person seems to get put on the side that loses so many times in a row? How does their math work? Cuz if it's supposed to kinda keep you at 50%, then giving you like 10 losses, dropping you and keeping you at like 47% sure doesnt look like a 50% avg to me lol...

#10 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:39 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 04 November 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

I cant quite get how there are so many stomps when there are 24 people on a side and 12 of them win each match....and why one person seems to get put on the side that loses so many times in a row? How does their math work? Cuz if it's supposed to kinda keep you at 50%, then giving you like 10 losses, dropping you and keeping you at like 47% sure doesnt look like a 50% avg to me lol...

Aside from luck, it also depends on player skill. No matter the elo range, one guy's performance do affect the outcome of the match. If a person consistently loses then that is the person's issue, not of MM's.

#11 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:46 PM

The point is that PGI said 'earnings are about at what they were before', which was while people were raking in inflated values from TAG/NARC issue.

Now that it's gone the average will be lower than it was before. If you're a light/medium pilot and seeing higher returns, that's awesome. You should, lights/mediums were getting **** upon from a great height for the last 2 years.

That doesn't mean that it doesn't need brought up to as good or better as it was before. I already have little incentive to play anything but my hero/invasion mechs and 0 impetus to buy MC, if only because I flat out refuse at any point to spend money to avoid a grind. I'll buy treats and fun stuff but when it becomes a big grind to get anywhere/anything unless I spend money my time ends up elsewhere.

It's legit. TAG/NARC were inflating incomes - which put us at where we were before. Now that said inflation is gone we're going to be back in the cheap seats and that's not cool.

#12 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:55 PM

I don't know why it took so long to fix the damn TAG/NARC exploit. It was so FOS. Every scumbag was exploiting it.

#13 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:39 PM

i think assists need to be buffed back to 6500, from the 3500 it is now,
think about it,
Kill= 4000 (but with the Component distruction its 6500)
Kill-damage= 5000 (but with with inevitable Component distruction its 7500)
Solo kill= 10000+4000+5000+2500 your at close to 21500,

kills rule the game, so in general Mediums-Heavies-Assaults Rule,
thats why i feel that there are so fue lights, its hard to get Light kills, esspecially if your a support light,
im an avrage player, i make 110-130 a win, and 45-55 a loss, play maybe 4 hours a night,

im playing how i feel, not grinding for the best rewards, just aiding my team as best i can,
i always play a light, almost never get a kill, and mostly get 300-500 damage a match,
if the current rewards work for you and your making a killing playing matches great,
but for me and new players i dont think so, they need a buff to the rewards,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users