• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:50 PM

WAIT! I read better the screen shot.
oooooo c'mon, it's fotoshopped :)

It's not possible to do that bad with Atlas ddc, whales... in frozen city.
The game was balanced, but... how many terribads!

#22 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:53 PM

Doesn't look like a stomp to me. The assaults on both sides underperformed - apart from one DWF. If the OP's team had got that DWF they probably would have won. I'm not sure what exactly is wrong here.

#23 Reality Sculptor

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBehind enemy lines

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:03 AM

A 12-7 loss isn't a bad loss. 12-0/1/2. Those are the ouchies. A couple of missed opportunities probably led to this outcome more than the MM being bad. Although the MM is still very bad.

#24 Javenri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:12 AM

The problem is not the steamrolls (quite normal when dropping with PUG), but rather the consecutive losses that many players experience (including me) lately. In theory, both teams have the same chances to contain good and and not so good players; MM is supposed to balance them using the ELO as refference (regardless how effective that is). So a game can go either way, win or loss. The problem comes when the losses pile up, compared to wins. You don't play with the same players every time, so every game is different. If you get average teams on many games, you expect that a better composition occurs at some point. Obviously this doesn't happen and players complain.

I can't account to it; I have no idea if it is random or a game mechanic allows it. I do believe though that PGI should take a look at it and investigate if there might be something from their side. If not, let the randomness rule.

#25 James DeGriz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 374 posts
  • LocationRainham, Kent UK

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:04 AM

Can't really see the problem here if I'm honest. Sure your Alpha lance didn't do very well, but apart from one pilot, neither did theirs. 12/7 isn't that bad for a PUG match. Meh.. sometimes you're the fly, sometimes you're the windscreen.

#26 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:40 AM

It was not so much the how many were killed on both sides. It was me compared to the other Jenner and the Raven as well as our assaults. The loss I can deal with granted it was the 4th in a row with the same performanceish from me and lack their of from team mates. I have no idea what my ELO is, I know I am in a higher bracket I suppose I have 300 wins more than losses and I mainly drop in the solo que until CW comes out.

Just gets me that I try my best in every game (Sometimes I am a "Whiffer") and then that.

#27 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:05 AM

You guys do understand lots of players are synch dropping into solo?

Don't give me it doesn't happen when factions like Mariks and Steiners sponsor such events and teamspeak channels are dedicated to the very thing.

Don't care how good your solo drop is because when you are against timely intell and direction the odds are greatly against you. Of course people will say that's not the case but every decisive military engagement comes down to command and control.

Thats why ingame voip is a must. They promised it at the beginning of the year and still nothing. Skip the command wheel as its a trap laid by the very same people who are using voip against you daily. You still have to cease operations to activate it. Its vauge and people have to take concentration away from the fight to read it. Bogus system from the start when ingame voip has been around since 99.

#28 DYSEQTA

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:10 AM

@OP:

:D

WARNING: NSFW or children

#29 mania3c

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 466 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:36 AM

Let me show you something..

this happen two days ago when two of my friends were playing together..I was just watching them.. as you can see...few small group were put against all-mighty premade... there were even some taunting from premade towards this pug so it was actually quite funny in the end..

The point is..noone really carried the game by score or performance..just my friend at the beginning of the match made some points how to be patient and kept teammates in check so noone was running like a chicken around..it was maybe 4-5 sentences during whole match and you can see what pug is able to achieve.

So in short..you can be the best player around..as long as you don't communicate with your group..don't be surprised by your team performance..on the other hand..group of pretty medicore players can pull amazing performance just by communicate to each other and make some clear goals..you don't need to couch them and keep track what they are doing every second..just here and there remind them, what is important...this is how you can carry the game..

Posted Image

Edited by mania3c, 05 November 2014 - 05:37 AM.

#30 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:41 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 04 November 2014 - 08:11 PM, said:

I do not mind losing, i really don't and but when you give your all every game to try to win and yet no one else does, its just disheartening. This is happening more and more in the solo que

Posted Image

You can only carry so much. This is why the MM / ELO system needs to be re-worked completely.

So 2 Kills 1 assist and 720 damage is not enough for you to be happy about how YOU played? :huh:

#31 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:17 AM

yey jenners club, welcome :D

Posted Image

#32 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:12 AM

You can only carry so much. This is why the MM / ELO system needs to be re-worked completely.

Like I said before, ELO needs to better incorporate drop weight...by having a weighted ELO. A High ELO in a DWF has a greater effect on a game than a high ELO in a locust.

What you probably saw in this game was that your highest ELO players were in lights and mediums while your lowest ELO players were probably in your assault mechs. From a RAW ELO standpoint the game was nearly balanced, skill wise, from a real-world standpoint it wasnt.

If your highest ELO players are all in lights and mediums and the other team's highest ELOs are all in heavies and assaults you can expect the game to generally fall in the heavy/assaults favour.

#33 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:18 AM

Find some friends and play in group queue, PUG one is an abomination where you can't rely on anyone and with no way to share intel fast enough.

Edited by kapusta11, 05 November 2014 - 07:18 AM.

#34 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:22 AM

I wish someone would publish a "cool stories from MWO Rambo queue" book

#35 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:22 AM

I do not mind losing, i really don't and but when you give your all every game to try to win and yet no one else does, its just disheartening. This is happening more and more in the solo que

Posted Image

Welcome to my world. I'm often in a light or medium taking corner shots and retreating only to see nobody else doing anything but hiding and avoiding.

Constantly people run away instead of providing cover fire, too which is the thing that most insanely irritates me on this earth.

Every tournament brings out the noobs in droves. They play for a week and then lose interest again. It can't come soon enough.

#36 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:06 PM

If you got 7 kills and damage in the 1000's and you still loose which has happened to me before, then you might complain but then you wouldn't because you know you had a great game and your team really was brain damaged.It happened to be my best game in kill streak's (in the K2),some lucky cockpit sniping against all odd's.Wish I recorded it.
Best answer get over it that's the deal with team game's and if your finding it hard you could tell your self "well it's because I'm good that the team balance is unfortunate" even if it's actually not true,because this is a team game.

#37 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

Yeah, winning is an utter impossibility in this game......

Its a wonder anyone who plays solo q ever gets a positive win rate.....

my KDR is raising, but WR, naw......it was as close as 2 games to positive, but now its back to -6 in the hole.....guess group q is the only way...atleast sometimes, somehow, you manage to pull a win out. Running with CWDG for a while, I got my WR up to where it is now, before it was like -27 in the hole....

#38 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:11 PM

Do you play all the modes?

#39 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:14 PM

Seriously? That is a good game... Sad, but true... I've played so many lopsided games recently where one side has 5-6 players with less than 100 damage. I wish there were more 12-6 losses and less 12-1, 12-0.

#40 GalmOne

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:24 PM

Story of my life, playing as a KTX, bringing ecm for all my teammates and after a good start you get stomped hard and you notice you are the only one in the team over 500 dmg
In a light <_<
I only wish i could make as many Cbills as last week

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users