Wait Times

18 replies to this topic

#1 Crocjaw

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:33 AM

Seriously long wait times for medium mechs.(50 to 60% medium mechs in the queue. The wait was already long for medium mechs now it is astronomical with the release of the Ice Ferret. And when I do get in to a match the Ferret is such a useless mech I get diddly for Xp. Leveling this mech is going to be a gargantuan task. Mostly my fault because my thinking was buy all Clan packages! Now I will look much closer at the Clan Waves and consider cherry picking Clan mechs.

Oh and ps. Some wisenheimer is gonna get on here and claim he doesn't have to wait and he gets phenomenal scores with his Ice Ferret. So right now I call Bull Crap on that. We don't believe you.

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:34 AM

Yes Wait times are up. But the matches I have been having win or lose have been good matches where I actually have a impact.

#3 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:39 AM

That problem is real

Posted Image

It stopped me from buying a lot of mechs, mechbays and staff, it hurts your business, PGI!

#4 Ashstomper

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationQuincy, MI

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:39 AM

I like that a percentage indicator was added to the "Play Now" button. If I want to get into a match quicker, I select a chassis with a lower percentage. That said, the wait times don't seem bad at all to me, even when selecting a high percentage chassis.

#5 Ashstomper

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationQuincy, MI

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:46 AM

View PostViges, on 05 November 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

That problem is real

Posted Image

It stopped me from buying a lot of mechs, mechbays and staff, it hurts your business, PGI!

I watched the percentages undulate up and down last night over a period of a few hours. ANd if you ask me, the percentages seem on target for an army:

ONly need 1 or 2 good scouts
Mediums should be the most as they are like foot soldiers who do the bulk of in your face combat
Heavies and Assaults used for support roles

I think this is a good composition for a small fighting force which employ solid tactics... but I digress.

#6 NineTails

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:00 AM

Just wait for the Timber Wolf to release for CBills next week. And then the Hellbringer to drop. The medium queue will empty out tout suite.

#7 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:17 AM

People haven't learned by now... With new mech release come long wait times for that weight class lol.

When the new Atlas and Cent were injected, both the med and Assault %s were through the roof. It will be the same for the Ice Ferret for a while and again with the King Crab and so on. Have a fall back mech weight class and go with that for a while as well.

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 05 November 2014 - 07:19 AM.

#8 SgtExo

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:20 AM

View PostAshstomper, on 05 November 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

I watched the percentages undulate up and down last night over a period of a few hours. ANd if you ask me, the percentages seem on target for an army:

Mediums should be the most as they are like foot soldiers who do the bulk of in your face combat

I think this is a good composition for a small fighting force which employ solid tactics... but I digress.

This is why I want them to change the drop weights, have more mediums and less assaults.

#9 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:22 AM

That problem is real

Posted Image

You don't need a lot of Mechs, just a selection that can cover the needs of the Que. 61% I would bet most of that is Ice Ferrets right now.

#10 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:49 AM

View PostSgtExo, on 05 November 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

This is why I want them to change the drop weights, have more mediums and less assaults.

While that would be nice, it's not good business for PGI to directly limit how often people can use the things they can buy.

Besides, what do you want PGI to do...stop selling new mechs? Because that's why mediums are so popular at the moment.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 05 November 2014 - 07:49 AM.

#11 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:54 AM

You wont see the light queue like that till they release the Urbanmech.

Mech releases in my experience over the last few months, have more to do with the queue than anything else.

Months ago it was all heavy and assault and less than 10% mediums and lights. That its that high for mediums now is GREAT. Its way better than before. Im sorry for the medium pilots, but wait till the Timby hits cbills, itll become "heavy" again.

#12 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:42 AM

Actually in the "real" Battletech universe a 'mech company usually has 1 or 2 Lights, 1 or 2 Assaults and 3 to 4 Heavies. The rest are 4 to 6 Mediums.

#13 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:47 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 05 November 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

Actually in the "real" Battletech universe a 'mech company usually has 1 or 2 Lights, 1 or 2 Assaults and 3 to 4 Heavies. The rest are 4 to 6 Mediums.

Yep, unless it is a company that is purpose built. You might have a "Recon" company made up of all Lights and Mediums which is where you end up with mediums like Trebuchet and such actually having solid purpose since it can maneuver and still offer fire support. You might also have an Assault company that is heavier on Heavy/Assault mechs and the lightest mechs are things like 50 ton Hunchbacks. :)

#14 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:50 AM

Hey, the trey icon now blinks so you know when to alt-tab back in.

In my day, we had to guess when we finally got a match or watch circle spin for hours a night.

You kids and your entitlement, wanting to actually play the game....pssh.

#15 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:56 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 05 November 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

Hey, the trey icon now blinks so you know when to alt-tab back in.

In my day, we had to guess when we finally got a match or watch circle spin for hours a night.

You kids and your entitlement, wanting to actually play the game....pssh.

How long have you been away? It's been doing that for quite a while now. :)

#16 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:06 AM

When you have Shawks and Ryokens going on 45% sale for a long weekend, when you have an infusion of Centurion AHs, when you have the injection of Fenris preorders, and when you have a lot of IS Mediums being revitalized by the introduction of quirks, it only makes sense that the Medium queue will be over populated.

I've seen the Heavy queue at as low as 9%. The Assault queue is getting a bit of a boost from the AS7-S, so it's stayed a bit stronger, and the Light queue is suffering because so many light players are busy with their Fenrises.

#17 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:26 AM

I agree that this is a good composition thats why I'd like them to remove 3/3/3/3 and replace it with tonnage balance - you can play what you want with no queues - win-win.

#18 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:32 AM

That problem is real

Posted Image

So you blame PGI because the Players who own them, are Playing their Medium Mechs. Those ones they bought? Is that it?

Really? just wow

#19 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 05 November 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

So you blame PGI because the Players who own them, are Playing their Medium Mechs. Those ones they bought? Is that it?

Really? just wow

I blame PGI for creating the system that punishes players with queues for playing mechs they want. Is that so hard to understand?

Really? just wow

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users