#1 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:25 PM

So love this mech, so mis understood, but heres 'mine' and why,,

Ac 20, now, with the quirks for it, and skill tree mods, your cool down puts your fire rate like an ac 10 or better,

Yen low is a HERO, his main difference for the average cent is,,, his engine size! (nm the arm ac 20 wich give you the abillity to AIM at ppl over you head on a ridge lets say,)

but, engine engine engine,, go XL!(yes we all know the risks of ANY mech running an xl) if your not breaking OVER 101 kph your missing out,

Yen low is a mini sucker punching juggernaut, so, my "rule one' is, once you get up to full running speed, DO NOT STOP!!!!! run and sucker punch what ever you see, (weapon mods n quirks allow this to happen often) wither you circle a heavy/assault or just run through DO NOT SLOW DOWN your speed basically make you a 50 ton light (i run the 3rd biggest engine, at slightly over 103 kph, 290 i believe current one im using)

so, add in the radar deprivation mod(your running like a mad man remember?) and as soon as they lose sight of you around a corner(or over a kill lol) they lose all radar on you giving you the choice to stop n hide, turn around, or run away without them knowing wich way to expect you at all.

ARMOUR, max your Armour shave some from front parts to rear (your running a lot remember? so your presenting tors/backside a lot some times) also you can shave one point offa each leg (weight balances n such) load a LOT of ac 20 AMMO your enhanced fire rate justify's and NEEDS this

also remember you have a "shield side" your left side/arm if you run a cent you already know to shoot n twist if not LEARN IT

so all this is to say, get up to running speed never stoping unless to duck missels find the brawls, sucker punch sucker punch SUCKER PUNCH n run!!! (advanced ac 20 users know how to quick assess and shoot on the fly landing the shot no matter the range/speeds of targets from pratice n use of said tactics) but still, lock on shoot a time or 2, swap locks and KEEP ON TRUCKING! sacrafice one the laxers spaot in center tors, one will do you ok mostly, add that weight loss to heat sinks/ammo and your set,

doubt me on this, plz, add me and drop with me and see in action what nastyness a "50 ton light speed ac20 can really do, you CAN hunt n kill most lights, with little help of watching others locks on radar and cutting across to deliver a crippeling blow if not outright kill when he crosses your los, try it, youll learn to LOVE YOUR YEN LOW WANG!!! (when an AWSOME needs a storm crow, a jenner AND a panther to save him from your yen low, you KNOW you screwed opponents day up big time (therma map earlier today thats just what happend, those extra tonnes from xl n laser loss really help for ammo n sinks)

P.S. yes we all already know the fails of xl and extra ammo or the limits of such few weapons, BUT, this actually works

Edited by YakkSlapper, 19 March 2015 - 07:35 PM.

#2 Voivode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:54 PM

Yen-lo is a great mech, especially with clans around now. I've had a great time gutting Dire Wolves from behind with mine over the past few months.

#3 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:03 PM

I love running the Yen-Lo with AC20 and 2 ML, the best match snagged me 1288 damage. Only the other night tore apart a Direwolf taking out both its torsos and then followed on with a mad dog.

All that without the risk of an XL. Just saying. B)

#4 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:19 PM

only just putting out another 'build/point of view' about yen low, not say the only build,

#5 Topshot Tiger

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 58 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:37 AM

Noting that most the time you are engaging at medium/ long ranges, its probably not the best idea to use an xl. especially since YLW is known for being a zombie mech, it kinda voids that ability.

#6 Soulscour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:43 PM

Both the standard 250 engine and the xl 300 engine are playable.

#7 SirSlaughter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 370 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:10 AM

The only issue with YLW is that it is a one-build mech.

I usually play it with an XL300 engine because I consider speed vital to protect the AC20.

#8 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:19 PM

yea I love mine with ac20 and 2ML + 100+kph

with quirks and modules 351m on the AC20!! if it could get a bump in the velocity department that would be even more awesome. Run-N-Gun with your 30pt alpha!

#9 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:29 PM

Yes! Fellow Wangers unite! It's my favorite and best mech. In fact it's my only hero mech. Sometime I mix it up and put a gauss in it but grins but mostly the ac 20 is the way to go. I use an XL for speed and ammo
Capacity . Shield with left side to enemy and turn fire with ac 20 on run. With the quirks and speed it handles great for a medium

#10 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:21 PM

It's fine with 300XL, just don't try to shoot targets beyond your range and keep your head down or solo flank if the entire team decides to have a showdown at 1,000m.

#11 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:06 AM

Anyone fire the AC 20 at UAVs? I do..lol

Forgot to add I use a Beagle Active probe in my Yen Lo too and AC/20 lvl 5 cooldown

Edited by WANTED, 05 April 2015 - 07:49 AM.

#12 Sewman

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:43 AM

I waited for a sale on Hero mechs to buy the YLW. I had such a good time playing my CN9-AH that I had to give the AC20 quirk a try. I typically try to collect mechs that have some versatility so I was a bit reluctant to get the YLW because it's pretty much a one trick pony.

But I am not one bit disappointed. Without a doubt, it's the funnest Centurion to play - and probably the most effective. I've tried the STD and XL builds and all of my best (highest dmg, highest kills) have come with the XL simply because of the increased ammo capacity and therefore damage potential.

I'd say I'm still learning to get the most out of the YLW because I'm a bit too eager to engage. I've had my best games when patiently scoping out targets before rushing in or trying aggressive flanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users