I Wish Masc Was Not An Issue In Cryengine.

BattleMechs

35 replies to this topic

#1 Whatzituyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:33 PM

Because then we can have the flea, the Fire Moth, I think the clan 95 tonner actually has masc aswell that really sucks. I mean IS cant be the only ones who have 95 tonner they have to find a way.

EDIT: found out the clan 95 tonner is the Executioner still sucks

Edited by Whatzituyah, 05 November 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:37 PM

1. Shadow Cat is the only mech I really care about, and maybe the Executioner. 20-25 ton mechs are pretty much joke/challenge mechs most people would care less about.

2. PGI can easily put MASC as placeholder item to include MASC equipped mechs, until they figure out what to do with it. They did it with Command Console before.

3. Even if PGI somehow makes MASC work, the speed increase the Firemoth gains from it will bork the whole hit reg system even more. There is a very good reason PGI is trying to keep the max speed around 150 kph, and globally nerfed movespeed at least once.

Edited by El Bandito, 05 November 2014 - 07:40 PM.

#3 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:40 PM

Why do you even want the Dasher and Flea? Both of them are 20 ton mechs. 20 ton mechs are inferior to other lights at all times, unless PGI chooses to change that someday.

#4 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:41 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 05 November 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

1. Shadow Cat is the only mech I really care about, and maybe the Executioner. 20-25 ton mechs are pretty much joke/challenge mechs most people would care less about.

2. PGI can easily put MASC as placeholder item to include MASC equipped mechs, until they figure out what to do with it. They did it with Command Console before.

3. Even if PGI somehow makes MASC work, the speed increase the Firemoth gains from it will bork the whole hit reg system even more. There is a very good reason PGI is trying to keep the max speed around 150 kph and globally nerfed movespeed at least once.

number 3 is the main reason why it sucks though its horrible cry engine killed it.

View PostFupDup, on 05 November 2014 - 07:40 PM, said:

Why do you even want the Dasher and Flea? Both of them are 20 ton mechs. 20 ton mechs are inferior to other lights at all times, unless PGI chooses to change that someday.

I pilot a Locust decently and you did not just say that.

Edited by Whatzituyah, 05 November 2014 - 07:42 PM.

#5 evil713

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 135 posts
  • Location, Location.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:42 PM

So why don't they crank the tick rate up?

#6 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:44 PM

View PostWhatzituyah, on 05 November 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

I totally just said that.

I'll go so far as to repeat it. 20 ton light mechs have a lower impact on winning the match than heavier lights do. Larger lights go almost as fast (Spiders go equally fast and Commandos slightly outrun the Locust) while carrying drastically more armor and often having greater heat efficiency, with JJs and/or ECM.

If you do well with the Locust in spite of those weaknesses that's fine, more power to you. But that doesn't make it a good mech.

Edited by FupDup, 05 November 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#7 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:45 PM

View PostWhatzituyah, on 05 November 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

Meh. Anything a Locust can do, a larger Light can do it better, while jumping around.

Funny how they named a ground-bound Light as the Locust, which can fly BTW. They should have renamed it to Cockroach instead, except even roaches have more survivability than that mech. ;)

Edited by El Bandito, 06 November 2014 - 03:53 AM.

#8 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:47 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 05 November 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

Meh. Anything a Locust can do, a larger Light can do it better, while jumping around.

Snip video for space.

Funny how they named a ground-bound Light as the Locust, which can fly BTW. They should renamed it to Cockroach instead, except cockroaches have more survivability than that mech.

My setup is kinda like that jenner with small pulse but with small lasers instead so yeah I use the Locust-1E and I have a great setup and I am proud of it.

Is that any different from a Cicada?

Can we seriously go back to the MASC topic I don't want to derail this on the first page.

Edited by Whatzituyah, 05 November 2014 - 07:50 PM.

#9 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:56 PM

View PostWhatzituyah, on 05 November 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

Can we seriously go back to the MASC topic I don't want to derail this on the first page.

Sure. Paul said somewhere on Twitter that MASC, when eventually added into the game, would cause internal leg damage when used too much. This would make MASC fundamentally craptastic on mechs like the Flea and Dasher anyways, because they don't have the leg internal structure to afford that damage. Meanwhile, heavies and assaults with MAsC (like the Gladiator) would get off with what amounts to a slap on the wrist.

If they wanted MASC to actually benefit mechs that are meant to be super fast, they should ditch their current idea and just make it generate heat while active. The amount of heat generated would increase over time on an exponential curve based on how long it was used, just like Flamers currently do (but with different values as necessary). Initially it wouldn't be noticeable, but eventually it would spike you straight up the heat bar.

#10 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:14 PM

I doubt it would be a slap to the wrist. MASC damage will likely be scalar considering that, like the Ultra Autocannon's jamming the effects, in TT the consequences are quite drastic as MASC failure causes the legs to seize up and the 'Mech to be immobilized. To not make it scalar would be about as unfair to lighter 'Mechs as fall damage used to be.

As for the poor Firemoth, it hits 162 kph before MASC is engaged so it exceeds the 152 kph current cap stock and without speed tweak. So it has more issues with speed than just MASC.

#11 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:23 PM

PGI can't add Dashers anyway, their arms are too OP. Have you seen those things?

Posted Image

With arms like that, the Dasher is gonna be the premier ridge-hump mech.

#12 WarGruf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales (DropShip)

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:27 PM

So why does my Locust M run at 169.3Kph? :ph34r:

#13 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:44 AM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 05 November 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

PGI can't add Dashers anyway, their arms are too OP. Have you seen those things?

Posted Image

Thats one of the reasons I want them a fast clan harasser.

#14 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:51 AM

We could get the Executioner (and Shadow Cat) now. MASC wouldn't enable it to go at game-breaking speeds. Honestly other than the light 'mechs how many 'mechs would actually break the game with MASC?

A 220kph Firemoth would be a nice scout and could hill hump and re-position all day long but I don't see them getting around that issue.

Edited by Kain Thul, 06 November 2014 - 12:54 AM.

#15 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:53 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 06 November 2014 - 12:51 AM, said:

We could get the Executioner now. MASC wouldn't enable it to go at game-breaking speeds. Honestly other than the light 'mechs how many 'mechs would actually break the game with MASC?

A 220kph Firemoth would be a nice scout and could hill hump and re-position all day long but I don't see them getting around that issue.

Yeah but theres a reason they have speed limit the rubber banding has something to do with how fast mechs go and the commando is already pushing it I seen it rubber band up a hill then suddenly drop when I use it with the max engine in the Death Knell.

You also have to see it as that the Fire Moths have a weakness not just there fragile armor but there speed can get them into trouble when falling off cliffs and sometimes they can even skid and trip in the board game but that is irrelevant. What is relevant for their weakness in this game would be the fragile armor and the fact the can accidentally fall off a cliff with there insane speed and get into trouble.

Edited by Whatzituyah, 06 November 2014 - 12:59 AM.

#16 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:54 AM

Cryengine is OLD AND BUSTED and has been for a LONG TIME.

#17 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:57 AM

There is no excuse for not putting MASC into the game, even if you have maximum speed cap of 170kph you can put lower rating engine and still benefit from MASC. So as long as your speed is less than 127kph you'll get full benefit from using it.

Edited by kapusta11, 06 November 2014 - 01:03 AM.

#18 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:57 AM

PGI, implement MASC with the current speed cap. The acceleration buffs will be enough for now, so long as we have the new toys to play with. Imagine a Wave 3 clan pack at the end of 2015 with the Firemoth, Shadowcat, Ebon Jaguar, and Executioner. Holy sales, Batman! And an IS crew including the Flea, other chassis with MASC variants, and a bonus CTF-3L on the side. Just imagine. Brings a tear to me eye. Let the MASC era of MWO begin!

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 05 November 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

This isn't completely true. You have to actually expose your cockpit to get your crosshairs on the target (and let's be honest, 3PV ain't gonna cut it). Also WOW those arms will be easy to shoot off - that will be the main issue with a Firemoth in this game. All that said, I WANT IT. I also want the Flea. Hey man, if that's thing's smaller than a Locust and just as fast AND has MASC... borderline OP in the right hands. At least in solo queue.

View PostFupDup, on 05 November 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

- everything about locusts -
My Locust may not be able to engage with other lights like my Jenner can, but my Locust regularly pulls much better scores. :ph34r:

Edited by Tarogato, 06 November 2014 - 01:19 AM.

#19 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:59 AM

View PostWhatzituyah, on 06 November 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

Yeah but theres a reason they have speed limit the rubber banding has something to do with how fast mechs go and the commando is already pushing it I seen it rubber band up a hill then suddenly drop when I use it with the max engine in the Death Knell.

The only MASC 'mechs I can think of exceeding speeds we already have in-game are the Firemoth and the Flea. I only say the FLea because of the engine swapping the IS is allowed in this game. In lore it wasn't anywhere near Firemoth speeds, hell it was closer to 1/2 of what they were.

#20 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:00 AM

Hmmm, that remark about CE not being able to handle higher speeds is pretty funny :)

A mod, based on this game´s engine predecessor, namely MW:LL had ASF in it.
YES, that is an aero-space-fighter.
And yes, these beautifully distracting and divebombing machines were way quicker than 150kp/h (up to 800kp/h iirc) .

So I basically have to assume that either PGI is having a hard time straightening out their network-stack or are just too far up their necks in work to care right now, which hopefully changes some not too distant day .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users