• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:12 AM

Hi!

I recently noticed an increased rate of bad habits, so i felt like writing:

Squirrel Chase:
Just no. Don´t do it.
It seems, with the increased population of Ice Ferrets it´s open season again for squirrel chasing. You know...."i saw it, it runs away....MUST KILL IT!! MINE MINE MINE!!!"

And soon after half of the team is on hunting season, the enemy deathball comes knocking at your door, mopping the floor with your fellow teammates ( often those left alone assaults )
If there has to be a chase, let the light ones do it...or the faster mediums.

But if you see more than two mates hunting down a squirrel....just stop and return to your lance/company/whatever and stay alerted don´t be greedy for the kill! Something is about to happen soon...i promise.

No Communication at all:
I know, especially on PUGS most people won´t give two f***** about what you´re trying to tell them. But sometimes there are people that actually care what the others are doing.

A simple: "scouting tunnel" or "enemy lance around ~F7" etc..
will be an immense help to those players who are not on Teamspeak together but actually care about what´s happening.

Same thing goes for bigger groups. Much too often i see like 8-10mans that seem to think "screw the rest, we got this!!"
And the simple "Just follow us, we know what we´re doing!" is most likely the first step into oblivion.
There´s plenty of time at the beginning of a match to share your tactics!

And believe it or not:
Sometimes there might drop a 2-man group with your precious 10-man that might actually be much worth than any of your fellow clanmembers ( no offense, it really happens ;) )

Enemy push incoming/Friendly push initiated:
Prioritize targets! Focus fire! Wreck them one by one...( two good placed alphas in one spot will cripple if not kill most mechs that are not at 100t )

If you´re a big guy ( heavy or assault ) then focus on killing the bigger guys and not twist and turn for that pesky light. You can leg him later :)
If you´re not able to communicate targets via Teamspeak or something...look out which target your closest teammate is shooting and just help him out to end the misery of his enemy.

Last but no least:
Considering, everyone is in love with their precious K/D....but:
If you zombiefied that Atlas and rendered him useless and your team is NOT in a serious lead by score......just leave him be and continue with another target to ensure your victory!
It really pays off, believe me.

Edited by Ens, 06 November 2014 - 01:13 AM.

#2 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:59 AM

Now, translate that into 16 different languages and post them on the different forums. I'm sure it'll change the world.

#3 Elkfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 483 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:11 AM

Unfortunately, your target audience doesn't read the forums.

Edited by Elkfire, 06 November 2014 - 02:11 AM.

#4 DaniBot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:43 AM

There should be an tutorial where you are forced to use these crucial game mechanichs in order to complete the tutorial and get into live games.

Focus fire and using the minimap

EDIT: Tooltips while loadingscreen with funny jokes like: "Did you saw that camping Atlas with 3 LRMs? Don't be an egoist and waste that frontline mech for your team."

Edited by DaniBot, 06 November 2014 - 04:46 AM.

#5 GumbyC2C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 392 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDeutchland

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:45 AM

BUT I JUST WANT TO SHOOT ROBOTS AND WHINE ABOUT MY K/D!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users