Pgi Team, Fellow Mech Pilots

33 replies to this topic

#21 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:51 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 06 November 2014 - 12:32 AM, said:

More clam nerfs are coming I'm sure. However, they can't nerf the Timberwolf by itself because it is what it is. Heavy 'mechs tend to be the best in this game and at 75 tons it is at the top of that heap and packs a 375 XL and 28t of pod space. Can't do anything about it unless they want to break far away from lore for one 'mech and one 'mech only and for what?

Singling out the Timbie for nerfs is easy. Just give the Timbie bunch of negative quirks. Just like how the devs broke the Victors when they choked the crap outta the queue back in 2013.

The fixed JJ decision was poor on PGI's part as it had hurt the Kit Fox--but that's PGI for you. At least even if Timbie-D comes out, it will not be able to cheat-jump like the S config.

Edited by El Bandito, 06 November 2014 - 12:53 AM.

#22 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:56 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 November 2014 - 12:51 AM, said:

Singling out the Timbie for nerfs is easy. Just give the Timbie bunch of negative quirks. Just like how the devs broke the Victors when they choked the crap outta the queue back in 2013.

The fixed JJ decision was poor on PGI's part as it had hurt the Kit Fox--but that's PGI for you. At least even if Timbie-D comes out, it will not be able to cheat-jump like the S config.

The jet pulsing is cheap BS and they should be able to fix that with some sort of heat penalty for pushing the JJ button too many times in a short period of time.

Sending a 'mech to quirk hell is extremely stupid and I think they've learned their lesson from the Victor mess now that it has been restored.

#23 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:59 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 06 November 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:

The jet pulsing is cheap BS and they should be able to fix that with some sort of heat penalty for pushing the JJ button too many times in a short period of time.

Sending a 'mech to quirk hell is extremely stupid and I think they've learned their lesson from the Victor mess now that it has been restored.

I'd rather like to think that PGI had learned their lesson from the Victors enough that moderation is needed for negative quirks. And they will be more likely to give just the right amount of negative quirks to the Timbie this time--as that is the simplest and most efficient way of toning down a single chassis without harming the other Clan mechs.

A queue choked constantly with 60% Timbies is not my cup of tea.

Edited by El Bandito, 06 November 2014 - 01:03 AM.

#24 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:01 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 November 2014 - 12:59 AM, said:

I'd rather think that PGI had learned their lesson from the Victors enough that moderation is needed for negative quirks. And they will be more likely to give just the right amount of negative quirks to the Timbie--as that is the simplest and most efficient way of toning down a single chassis without harming the others.

They should never put negative quirks on ANY 'mech ever again--that Victor **** was just laziness and caving in to the ***** and complain crowd.

Having to revert them back looks very funny in retrospect (just like C-ERLL from 1.5s burn time to 2.0s to 1.6s and now back to 1.5s gain, LOL) and if they really have turned over a new leaf hopefully the are actually learning from their mistakes.

#25 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:05 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 06 November 2014 - 01:01 AM, said:

They should never put negative quirks on ANY 'mech ever again--that Victor **** was just laziness and caving in to the ***** and complain crowd.

Having to revert them back looks very funny in retrospect (just like C-ERLL from 1.5s burn time to 2.0s to 1.6s and now back to 1.5s gain, LOL) and if they really have turned over a new leaf hopefully the are actually learning from their mistakes.

Online multiplayer arena games revert their buffs/nerfs all the time. It is part of how this type of game works. Just take a look at League of Legends PBE patchnotes and you will see multiple instances of rollbacks and reverts to previous values in a single patch.

What they had done to the Victor was justified at that time, as that mech was dominating the scene with incredible mobility and PPFLD poptarting. Now that less viable IS mechs got the quirk pass, there was no longer any need for Victor nerfs. Similar thing (with less intensity) is needed to be done to the Timbie. PGI should reign in the Timbie, until Clan quirk pass arrives.

Edited by El Bandito, 06 November 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#26 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:41 AM

cheatwolf isn't nearly as bad now that it got hit with the fixed jumpjets on the jump jet variant pods.

as players can no longer exploit those parts.

#27 Carl Avery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:44 AM

Please bear in mind that, if it's always buffs and never nerfs, we'll eventually end up with all the 'mechs so powerful that even light 'mechs one-shot everything, and even assaults can dart about the battlefield like hummingbirds.

#28 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:06 AM

View PostThe Boz, on 05 November 2014 - 11:09 PM, said:

OP needs to be introduced to the concept of power creep.

Even better, introduce PGI to it.

It is not like this is the first game that is subject to the concept. The results are known. The in game ones as well as the financial ones in the short and long term.

Is it stubborness or suppression that lets them go down that road?

#29 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:21 AM

View PostLotharian, on 05 November 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

This game has just done what so many of us have asked, given mechs BUFFS. Of course there were a few nerfs, but buffs were the name of the game.

PGI - stick to this way of thinking. Buff to fix before nerf. Nerfing brings working things to the level of broken things. Thank you for fixing mechs that were hard to get to work, so many of my favorite mechs just got more awesome, and that makes me very happy. (I love Hunchys and Dragons... and now I have found I also like Wolverines).

Fellow mech pilots - encourage this and offer a better fix than " I just got killed by a AC 20 Hunchback and I was in a Atlas and that's not fair, make the AC20 hurt less its cheating." Say something like; "The armor in the Atlas is a bit thin in the left torso or against ballistics, may we please have reactive armor?" You see what I am saying, rather than a muddled down game where mechs are different in looks alone we are starting to see mechs for different play styles and that is a very good thing!

This is a big step in the right direction.

not entirely true, when you stick buffing and buffing you may at one specific point break the entire game because suddely the overall intended mechanics will break, like ttk or such a thing. buffing, erfing, is just a nonsense human term of giving changes or balances a negative or positive feeling.

when one thing is better than 3 others you can. "nerf" one, or "buff" 3. but yet its not said that buffing 3 is better than nerfing one.

TBR, SCR and probably DW need some nerfs, you can't buff other mechs ever to their semi god tier level without breaking probably the entire game.

#30 mindwarp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:22 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 06 November 2014 - 03:21 AM, said:

TBR, SCR and probably DW need some nerfs, you can't buff other mechs ever to their semi god tier level without breaking probably the entire game.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't think the DW needs nerfed. TBR and SCR, sure. They are just too damn good. They appear in every match, and being god tier, they make all the other clan mechs appear weak. And the Summoner only really suffers from not being a TBR - it's still as good as any IS heavy. The DW's lack of mobility seems like a good balance to me. It's still tier 1, but all that firepower doesn't mean squat if your enemy doesn't obligingly stand still in front of you.

#31 Ashstomper

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationQuincy, MI

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:30 AM

IMO, it comes down to the pilot and the ability to play to your strengths and your opponents weaknesses. Knowledge is power. And I'm not dying any faster or slower nor have my scores changed much since I bought (that's right, bought) my Timberwolf yesterday.

It's all about the pilot and skills. So please quit calling for nerfs and skill up. I know I need to improve mine.

Thanks and stay frosty.

#32 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:33 AM

View PostLotharian, on 05 November 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

This game has just done what so many of us have asked, given mechs BUFFS. Of course there were a few nerfs, but buffs were the name of the game.

PGI - stick to this way of thinking. Buff to fix before nerf. Nerfing brings working things to the level of broken things. Thank you for fixing mechs that were hard to get to work, so many of my favorite mechs just got more awesome, and that makes me very happy. (I love Hunchys and Dragons... and now I have found I also like Wolverines).

Fellow mech pilots - encourage this and offer a better fix than " I just got killed by a AC 20 Hunchback and I was in a Atlas and that's not fair, make the AC20 hurt less its cheating." Say something like; "The armor in the Atlas is a bit thin in the left torso or against ballistics, may we please have reactive armor?" You see what I am saying, rather than a muddled down game where mechs are different in looks alone we are starting to see mechs for different play styles and that is a very good thing!

This is a big step in the right direction.

HERD THEM NUBS! No attempt at injecting sanity will ever go unpunished.

Posted Image

#33 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:46 AM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 05 November 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

It's easier to nerf 1 big example of an overpowered mech than buff every other mech in response, so nerfs have their place.

While this true, the extra effort to buff other items to make them on par with the one OP thing is worth it. No one likes nerfs. No one likes to have his favourite chassis suddenly underperforming then formerly used to. Things like these make it less likely for people to enjoy the game and spend money. Thats why I'm always for more buffs, no matter how much time it takes.

#34 The Boz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:15 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 06 November 2014 - 04:46 AM, said:

While this true, the extra effort to buff other items to make them on par with the one OP thing is worth it. No one likes nerfs. No one likes to have his favourite chassis suddenly underperforming then formerly used to. Things like these make it less likely for people to enjoy the game and spend money. Thats why I'm always for more buffs, no matter how much time it takes.

...isn't buffing weapons a nerf to health?

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users