• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:06 AM

View PostKoda Shy, on 12 November 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

Maybe I speak for the other 80% of mechwarriors that visit the forums..........but I have no f'ing clue what the hell is going on with this whole CW thing.

Ive read the whole thread, im totally lost....

Good things are coming. Be patient and enjoy.

#102 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:31 AM

So I have a question to see just how this will work as Ive seen it a few times now.

No elo, no 3/3/3/3, drop weight 240 required across 4 mechs

Is any of that true?

#103 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 13 November 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

So I have a question to see just how this will work as Ive seen it a few times now.

No elo, no 3/3/3/3, drop weight 240 required across 4 mechs

Is any of that true?

Correct. The only restrictions will be 12 players per team, with each having a set tonnage available for their personal drop ship of 4 mechs. Though the (tonnage) number is not hard-set yet, that is what they are stating currently.

Edited by Cimarb, 13 November 2014 - 12:05 PM.

#104 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:13 PM

View PostCimarb, on 13 November 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

Correct. The only restrictions will be 12 players per team, with each having a set tonnage available for their personal drop ship of 4 mechs. Though the (tonnage) number is not hard-set yet, that is what they are stating currently.

I rather hope they allow non CW to see the maps. It should be pretty hilarious to watch in the beginning

#105 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 13 November 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

I rather hope they allow non CW to see the maps. It should be pretty hilarious to watch in the beginning

You lost me. "Non CW to see the maps"?

#106 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:59 PM

View PostCimarb, on 13 November 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

You lost me. "Non CW to see the maps"?

Ppl not playing CW.

Or is everyone playing CW once its introduced? Because you can see the faction map now, if it updates, you should see it even if your unit isnt playing CW currently, yes?

#107 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

View PostCimarb, on 13 November 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

I just thought that with a set tonnage for the whole team the players might be encouraged to bring lighter 'Mechs to wait less time to join a match, as more people would probably try to squeeze in their Timber Wolves and Dire Wolves..

Oh well, it is just that i do not like so much this "personal DropShip" thing. Tonnage limits are better, but it still feels like we are all special snowflakes mercs with our own DropShip and our own 100+ 'Mechs (potentially) , even if we are supposed to be "loyal soldiers of the X Y Armed Forces".

#108 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 13 November 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Ppl not playing CW.

Or is everyone playing CW once its introduced? Because you can see the faction map now, if it updates, you should see it even if your unit isnt playing CW currently, yes?

Everyone is allowed to play, yes, but no one is required to even touch the tab. You will be able to look at the map regardless of whether or not you are actually participating, but are you saying that is an issue?

View PostCyclonerM, on 13 November 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

I just thought that with a set tonnage for the whole team the players might be encouraged to bring lighter 'Mechs to wait less time to join a match, as more people would probably try to squeeze in their Timber Wolves and Dire Wolves..

Oh well, it is just that i do not like so much this "personal DropShip" thing. Tonnage limits are better, but it still feels like we are all special snowflakes mercs with our own DropShip and our own 100+ 'Mechs (potentially) , even if we are supposed to be "loyal soldiers of the X Y Armed Forces".

I totally agree with the "personal DropShip" thing, and have complained about the PokeMech system since I started, but that ship sailed a very, very long time ago and there is little they can do about it now unless they made CW have some sort of unlock-one-at-a-time system, which I think the general scrub populace would absolutely implode if they actually implemented...

Set tonnage for the whole team would not be too bad, but I think it is a lot easier to balance for them if they limit it at the "individual" level. I think Russ said something about that in one of the Town Halls, at least.

#109 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:24 PM

View PostCimarb, on 13 November 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

Everyone is allowed to play, yes, but no one is required to even touch the tab. You will be able to look at the map regardless of whether or not you are actually participating, but are you saying that is an issue?

Where did I say it was an issue? Go back and read it again

#110 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 13 November 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

Where did I say it was an issue? Go back and read it again

I am asking if that is what you meant, as I do not understand what you are asking completely. Yes, everyone will be able to see it.

#111 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:54 PM

View PostCimarb, on 13 November 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

I am asking if that is what you meant, as I do not understand what you are asking completely. Yes, everyone will be able to see it.

I was saying itll be funny to watch

#112 Semper Fi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe Great North West of US

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:37 AM

I am just looking for clarity.
Are we only bringing 1/1/1/1 in our drop ship deck with a 140 - 240 limit or not?

Will there be only 3/3/3/3 on the map for each team?

If not 1/1/1/1 in the drop deck then will there be 12 Atlai or 12 locust on the field at one time?

Semper FI

#113 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostSemper Fi, on 18 November 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

I am just looking for clarity.
Are we only bringing 1/1/1/1 in our drop ship deck with a 140 - 240 limit or not?

Will there be only 3/3/3/3 on the map for each team?

If not 1/1/1/1 in the drop deck then will there be 12 Atlai or 12 locust on the field at one time?

Semper FI

Any 4 mechs within those tonnage limits. If everyone happens to being an Atlas and Locust, then yes, it is possible to have 12 of each on the field at a time, since there are 24 total players. I do not see 12 Locusts happening, ever, even with the great quirks they received, lol...

#114 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostCimarb, on 18 November 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

Any 4 mechs within those tonnage limits. If everyone happens to being an Atlas and Locust, then yes, it is possible to have 12 of each on the field at a time, since there are 24 total players. I do not see 12 Locusts happening, ever, even with the great quirks they received, lol...

C'mon though... You have to admit that it would be fun to watch such a situation. Insert Benny Hill music. :)

But getting back to topic. I think PGI has probably done the best thing about enforcing tonnage limits on to the player itself rather than total drop. Makes it easier for Matchmaker as well as Group "internal negotiatons" on whom takes what and all the time it takes to dicky around getting things right.

I do like the idea of future maps potential having different drop deck weights as well.

Hopefully with this whole process more players are going to need to learn how to run lighter mechs and maybe, just maybe, the % in the light queue may actually go up as people become better light pilots because of CW mode demands.

Anyhow, we will see soon.

Cheers!
Eboli

Edited by Eboli, 19 November 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#115 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:19 AM

It seems 240t over 4 may hold. A thread yesterday said what about 250t and lots of ugly (Clan) DropShips arrived.

3 x TW + ML(JJ + ECM) x 12 -> BOOOOO! HISSS! BOOOOO! Unless Clan of course. ;)

P.S. Load 4 and upon death, you then pick 3 more times, selecting as you see fit.

12 mans can stack their Drop Decks, but they do that now anyways. ;)

#116 Rufus Ingram

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 129 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre, Free Rasalhague Republic

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:26 AM

Assuming 12 people have to sign up to a match on each side, if one side doesn't get enough people in the matchmaking time window, is it an automatic victory for full side? We won't drop short, correct? Forgive me if this has been answered already. I'll run across it eventually.

#117 Rufus Ingram

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 129 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre, Free Rasalhague Republic

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:30 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 20 November 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

It seems 240t over 4 may hold. A thread yesterday said what about 250t and lots of ugly (Clan) DropShips arrived.

3 x TW + ML(JJ + ECM) x 12 -> BOOOOO! HISSS! BOOOOO! Unless Clan of course. ;)

P.S. Load 4 and upon death, you then pick 3 more times, selecting as you see fit.

12 mans can stack their Drop Decks, but they do that now anyways. ;)

It will be interesting to see how people/groups choose their mech order since it is not preselected at beginning of match. A heavier starting line defending the gate may be useful since it is a static location that has to fall for attack to proceed. Attackers may favor early jumpers, etc.

#118 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

View PostRufus Ingram, on 20 November 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

Assuming 12 people have to sign up to a match on each side, if one side doesn't get enough people in the matchmaking time window, is it an automatic victory for full side? We won't drop short, correct? Forgive me if this has been answered already. I'll run across it eventually.

From everything they have said so far, a matchmaker that fails to complete (meaning not enough people to defend), results in a win for the attackers. Since the match cannot be initiated until the attacking side is full, all attacks that are initiated are the sole responsibility of the defending side to prevent an automatic loss.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users