- - - - -

Blackjacks

5 replies to this topic

#1 oggyphant

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:04 AM

what is the fastest BlackJack and how fast can you make one go ?

#2 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:36 AM

The 1X is theoretically the fastest, as it can mount a 295 engine (max 116.8kph with speed tweak), whereas the other variants are limited to 235 (max 93.1kph with speed tweak).

The 1X has also received all the delicious Large Pulse Laser quirks, making it a freaking deadly little mech.

This monser is almost completely heat neutral firing 2LPL.

This has more firepower and still handles the heat like a pro, but I use the MLAS for alpha damage only, as the LPL give you FAR better sustained DPS for the heat.

I wasn't enamored with the BJ before the quirks, now I love my WubJack to pieces. It's still fragile, and it's torso twist is poor, but if you exercise a little restraint and use your high mounted arms to peek over ridges and fill your enemies with delicious lethal dubstep, you can do very well.

#3 oggyphant

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:11 AM

Many thanx

#4 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:04 AM

View Postoggyphant, on 06 November 2014 - 02:11 AM, said:

Many thanx

View PostKiiyor, on 06 November 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

The 1X is theoretically the fastest, as it can mount a 295 engine (max 116.8kph with speed tweak), whereas the other variants are limited to 235 (max 93.1kph with speed tweak).

The 1X has also received all the delicious Large Pulse Laser quirks, making it a freaking deadly little mech.

This monser is almost completely heat neutral firing 2LPL.

This has more firepower and still handles the heat like a pro, but I use the MLAS for alpha damage only, as the LPL give you FAR better sustained DPS for the heat.

I wasn't enamored with the BJ before the quirks, now I love my WubJack to pieces. It's still fragile, and it's torso twist is poor, but if you exercise a little restraint and use your high mounted arms to peek over ridges and fill your enemies with delicious lethal dubstep, you can do very well.

Are the Torso mounts high too, like on the arrow? If so, I'd probably put the LPLs there and the others in the arms.

#5 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:14 AM

View PostMacksheen, on 06 November 2014 - 04:04 AM, said:

Are the Torso mounts high too, like on the arrow? If so, I'd probably put the LPLs there and the others in the arms.

Nope, the torso mounts are lower.

Put your weapons in the arms. The BJ, like the Yager, has minuscule frontal arm hitboxes. Your torsos will go waaaaay before the arms do, lucky hits notwithstanding.

Seriously, put it all in your arms. What you see is what you shoot. Also, If you put both LPL's in the same arm, you'll also get much better convergence and will have the damage apply to the same place, which doesn't always happen with the arms separated.

I'm running 2 LPL in the right arm, as it's what I tend to peek with, and 3 ML in the left. If you lose the right arm, you still have respectable damage from the ML.

#6 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:40 AM

Slight alteration on the one posted above: ;)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e56b9885187184c

This one on the other hand is absolutely hilarious, survives just fine and it goes flat out!!

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b2a380313553bf8

It's like watching a Benny hill clip watching this thing tear about.

Edited by mad kat, 06 November 2014 - 07:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users