4 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,695 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:32 AM

Why does the BNC-3M Banshee receive a Large Pulse laser Quirk? When it has as its primary weapons PPCs.

One should think that should have this all the other quirks along with this PPC quirk:

PPC Heat generation -10%
PPC Cooldown +10%
PPC Range +7.5%

Mind you, I mean the regular PPC not the ER version.

#2 Kanatta Jing

• 1,178 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:49 AM

Lots of mech's got non stock quirks.

From looking at all 3 sets of Banshee quirks it looks like they intend 3E as the AC/5 long range, 3M as the middle range and 3S as the medium laser and supposedly AC/20 brawler.

#3 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:39 AM

Not all of the mechs had their quirks based on stock builds, but instead they used competitive, meta builds. Making them good, and selling again was apparently more important than lore.

Also, a lot of mechs get quirks based on covering all your play styles so you end up with one you like more than the rest. Some are close range, some are long range, some are a mix, the "Brawler", "Support" and "Skirmisher" builds.

Edited by Hans Von Lohman, 06 November 2014 - 02:41 AM.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:50 AM

Sometimes, I wish the quirks they gave were less specific.

For example the 3E, if they put a combination of half ballistic, half energy with no specifics or even being as high as they are in MWO currently... then this Banshee could really tear stuff up.

Another example is the Kintaro got LRM-5 buffs. But its an SRM brawler. Griffin got SRM buffs and ML buffs, but it is by design a sniper support chassis. Bit of an issue here.
But if the Kintaro simply got "Missile buffs" with a generic "SRM" or "LRM" buff instead of "LRM 5", then it'd be practical.
Griffin got SRM-4 buffs. SRM-4s? If I'm running SRMs I'll be using a combination of SRM-6, SRM-4, and SRM-2 in order to hammer into people at rates they can't twist away from. So only my 4 gets any benefit. Why not "SRM buff"?

Why ER Large? No Large? Why not just "Large class lasers."
"Medium class lasers."
"Small class lasers."
"PPC class weapons (normal, ER, Snub, Light, Heavy)"
"Short range class missile weapons"
"Streak"
"Long range class missile weapons"
"Medium range class missile weapons [MRMs]"
"Mortar class weapons" (Which BT considers to be mounted as a missile slot in their own 'softpoint system' for campaign repair, rearm, and in-campaign customization; in which it's easier to change this weapon for a weapon of a similar class. Mech mortars of certain sizes with certain missile launchers. ACs with ACs. Lasers of the large class with other lasers of the large class; but changing it out with a laser of a medium class will be more difficult).

The long and short of it is I believe the quirk system could benefit from being not 'as' specific as it is.

#5 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:52 AM

Because its the Wubshee and its a monster.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users