Will The Ddc Be Getting T4-T5 Quirks Soon?

4 replies to this topic

#1 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:58 PM

Because this latest mechanics change make it pretty worthless, like the as7-S's gimpy, less SRM'd brother. Why not just remove LRMs and ECM from the game altogether? Anyhow, DDC is nowhere near t2 anymore, so just wondering when it will receive buffs.

Let me now address the common replies this post will receive:

"It's no big deal, if you're good you'll adapt."
Yes i will. I'll be piloting my dual gauss dwf a lot more. It even has AMS. As for it being no big deal, all the hard counters to the things people complain about just serve to make the game shallow, and the new equipment ubiquitous.

"ECM was jesus box, it made me mad so lol@u"
You were likely a bad player that never brought UAV to the battle. PGI simply catered to your needs, and made anti-ECM super awesome. For the assault brawling mech, that actually used the equipment for an edge in brawling, BAP made the DDC into a gimpy mech. I lol along with you, but secretly cry when you're not looking. Why is the internet so mean?

"get skill, baddy."
I already did, when I lead pushes with an ECM umbrella covering the team from LRM spam, got into your clan face and settled the issue with AC20. Your dual gauss was a joke, your laser vomit clownshoes, your SRM spam amateur hour. Nothing took care of business quite like the heady mix of ECM and guns that are good at only 270m. I was about to try out the spiffy dual lbx10 spec but then this bullshite.

"Umadbro?"
Maybe a little bit. Honestly, not terribly. I've had favored specs/classes/equipment/whatever nerfed or negatively altered in every other online game ever, it is what it is. I haven't spent any money here so I can't get that excited about it.

I guess I'm a test tube baby space conqueror now. Genetic castes are as cliche as galactic feudal warlords. FML.

#2 Fishbulb333

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 392 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:10 PM

Hey at least the DDC got some quirks... Compare its' situation to the cataphract-3D.. A mech which for someone reason is still classed as tier 1, but had it's day in the sun long ago, when poptarting was a thing. Now with the ppc/gauss/jumpjet changes, zero quirks for the 3D and all other 'phracts getting hefty buffs is the 3D still even close to tier 1? Nope.

I'm not really complaining about the introduction of the quirk system, all in all it's a step in the right direction, but I really struggle to understand the logic behind choosing the roles + tiers for some mechs. Hopefully, in time, they can refine and tune things to better balance all mechs.

#3 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:28 PM

Your assessment of BAP is not correct. In one month the heavy queue will be flooded with ECM Hellbringers. Anytime ECM outnumbers BAP, CECM loses.

You are going to see lots of Hellbringers with the same number of Spiders, Ravens, Cicadas, Kitfoxes and Commandos as before. Do you really think everybody is going to detune their min-max builds to free up 1.5 tons? I don't.

Edited by Spheroid, 07 November 2014 - 12:19 AM.

#4 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:17 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 06 November 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

Your assessment of BAP is not correct. In one month the heavy queue will be flooded with ECM Hellbringers. Anytime ECM outnumbers BAP, CECM loses.

You are going see lots of Hellbringers with the same number of Spiders, Ravens, Cicadas, Kitfoxes and Commandos as before. Do you really think everybody is going to detune their min-max builds to free up 1.5 tons? I don't.

BAP only counters ECM under 360m, even. At longer ranges, even with BAP, ECM will still cloak people. So it's still damn useful.

So, no, the D-DC isn't going to get buffed (or at least significantly so). It's still one of the best 2 Atlas variants, only the S being in the contest for best Atlas. Unless the quirks shook up the rankings among the Atlas variants a lot more than I think it did.

#5 Wolfgang2685

• PipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 69 posts
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:21 AM

View PostScratx, on 06 November 2014 - 11:17 PM, said:

BAP only counters ECM under 360m, even. At longer ranges, even with BAP, ECM will still cloak people. So it's still damn useful.

So, no, the D-DC isn't going to get buffed (or at least significantly so). It's still one of the best 2 Atlas variants, only the S being in the contest for best Atlas. Unless the quirks shook up the rankings among the Atlas variants a lot more than I think it did.

Atlas DDC is not the best atlas variant for me anymore post ECM changes. The ECM mounted on such a slow mech has proved to only be good for long range LRM cover (team moving into initial position basically). Otherwise you don't have the maneuverability to keep constant ECM cover by moving out of BAP range.

I've even tried using my own BAP to extend my ecm coverage range (this works, look it up) but the buff it provides is not signifigant enough to make any difference. I'd say over half of enemy teams have BAP equipped, and the reality of it is you'd be better off using a different atlas.

So now when i go into combat i think to myself, hmm, do i want 3 missile tubes (DDC), or do i want 2 and more/bigger lasers with BETTER/MORE QUIRKS? (D or RS) alternatively, those of you that bought packages now have a superior Atlas-S which can do almost everything the DDC can do except dual ballistics (in which case, use the D instead). The ECM only affects the first minute and a half of the game or so, so I don't even consider it "There". It's more of a tonnage version of radar deprivation now, and it gets countered behind walls anyways.

Seriously, the BAP counter extends to prettymuch an IS medlas maximum range now, its rediculous on most maps.

I guess what im saying is atlas DDC needs an ECM range quirk buff since it lacks maneuverability, whereas LIGHT MECHS with ECM at least have the option of quickly moving away if they are countered (which is the only viable "Adapt" tactic i can see here).

Also just to end this comment, I've noted most lights aren't even using ECM for team anymore, rather for ranged sniping under their own cover. On top of this I just wanted to point out the pro's and con's of ecm real quick.

Pro's:
-Blanket radar cover 180m range provided no enemy BAP within a near IS mlas max range.
-Can be a crappy ECM counter, worse than BAP at the expense of radar coverage.

Con's:
-Takes up 1.5 tons
-Counterable by NARC for a great duration (even longer with improved narc)
-Counterable by Tag if an enemy is within 750m and able to look at you.
-Counterable by a 1.5 ton device (BAP) which also offers a great targetting data speed boon and sensor range.
-Counterable by UAV's within range (also note UAV's can be skilled up passively to improve this counter range)

Anything i missed? no? how about an atlas DDC ECM range quirk then?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users