"no Quirk" Mechs?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Rehl

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:28 AM

I only know of the CTF-3D having no quirks, because I own one and am not driven enough to see if all of the other mechs (that I do not own) have quirks or not. Is there a reason that it doesn't, or was this an oversight?

#2 Rainer Frost

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:37 AM

That is not an oversight.
Have a look at the October Road Map.

The idea of quirks has been to improve Mechs that are considered inferior, not to boost the ones that do not need help.
Therefore, no Tier 1 Mech has been given quirks (except the removal of the negative ones for the Victor).

Edited by Rainer Frost, 07 November 2014 - 05:38 AM.

#3 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:46 AM

It's because the 3D used to be the meta pop tart mech. Also it's a Cataphract, they're already very powerful mechs

#4 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:49 AM

I still think it should have gotten the hitpoint buffs like the other Cataphracts.

IMHO, those should be made independently of Tier and based solely on mech geometry, with focus given to correcting weaknesses.

As good as the Cataphract 3D is, I still see few of them compared to Clan mechs, and it feels off that for some strange reason this mech is a bit more fragile than its kin.

#5 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:54 AM

Well I think all the victors should get srm4/6 and those capable of carrying ac20 get that buffed to, as it wasn't brawler builds that put the Victor in T1 is was the meta poptart builds, and brawler Vic's were crippled by the meta comp players, who are also being consulted by pgi over quirks *duh*

But I didn't come here and complain about it I just got on with it ;)

#6 Rehl

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:10 AM

Well, since I'm just a PUG, I only noticed that the CTF that I own didn't have any quirks and that the others did. I don't even know what this T1 meta blah blah is. Is there a chart somewhere saying what mechs are what tier?

Edit: Oh... I guess he listed this tier thing on the October Road map. Still, seems like the input of "a few players" is pretty weak. One man's junk is another man's treasure... that kind of thing.

Edited by Rehl, 07 November 2014 - 07:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users