Tdr-5Ss Or Hbk-4H?

6 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:40 PM

Let me first say, i already own 3 of each of these.. and have really enjoyed both mechs.. But with Quirks, both of these are really shining, and both with weapons i have always loved... I have been running MPL's on many mechs for over a year, and AC-10's have been a goto ballistic for me on a few mechs,... But now, both of these are crowned jewels.. So which one should i try first?

Need to grind money anyway this weekend... But should not take long running a 4G :) I'm sorta leaning towards the HBK, just because it is cheaper.. but whats a few mill anyway right?

#2 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

What do you have more need of, medium or heavy mechs?

TDR has the ThunderWub, the other variants are less appealing.

HBK, each variant is pretty viable as a support mech...still not convinced they are straight up brawlers yet.
The J and G look like they will eat through ammo quickly. The P requiring some heat juggling. Sp and H seem decent at their intended ranges.

#3 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:17 PM

umm whats a thunderwub?

and yes the 4G eats ammo... But i must say, using SML's, and a pair or machine guns with 21 tons is a deadly short ranged brawler... Just be sure every single Ac-20 shot hits... I played around with ML's and an extra 1/2 ton, and it just ran to hot.. and did not brawl as well. I supose you could also try, 5 tons, with a single ML for zombie as well, maybe ill give that a try later. With the extra armor you really have some more hit and run strat with them now. Before you would just loose your torso on a run, now you can take a pretty good pounding.

Edited by JC Daxion, 14 November 2014 - 06:19 PM.

#4 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

I bought the G shortly after the Quirkening, already owning the 4H. I must say, I like the 4G much more than the 4H. I'm running 5x ML 1x AC10 on it, and its just not competing on the level of the G honestly, and thats an elited 4H to a 4G without basic skills unlocked. I can squeeze a slightly faster engine in it, but I don't think its that great compared to the 4G when running the AC10, and I just squeeze in a ton of DHS with a STD200. Now, the Gauss Rifle, on the other hand, which runs quite cool alongside 5x ML can be a force to be reckoned with, something the 4G can't do. Thats just my personal experience with the 4H though, I'm sure that there are others who quite enjoy it post-quirks, their input regarding an AC10 build could be useful.

5SS, can't speak on that post quirks. Haven't touched any of my heavies since the quirkening. Mostly been sticking with my mediums because they're just so dominating.

Edited by MarsAtlas, 14 November 2014 - 06:22 PM.

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

wub=pulse lasers.

cause they go "wub wub wub"

#6 Mr Ikea

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:16 PM

I bought a few hunch variants due to the new quirks and was pleasantly surprised. My other IS mediums are Shaqs, and pre-quirk 55 tons was your only option for IS mediums. The Hunch's are at least now competitive.

I am still working on getting Elite skills, but the 4G, 4H and 4SP all feel solid now. They can soak up a fair bit of damage and can dish it out when it counts.

I don't have any experience with the Blunder

#7 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:26 PM

Thunderwub:

Not my video but shows what it can do. If i remember, the optimal range, with modules, for the mpl is 330m????

Some comp tier lists are describing it as a solid tier 2 heavy.

I have been running it. havent had a 1000 damage match yet, but have had many 600+ matches in it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users