13 replies to this topic

#1 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:11 AM

Why on earth did you add a ballistic cooldown tweak to encourage gauss cats?????? The proper tweak for the K2 would have been ppcs/ERPPCs cooldown/range bonus. THATS THE MECHS PURPOSE!!!!!! Instead you beef up the most BS and hated version of this mech THAT SHOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE. YOU ARE MOUNTING CANNONS ON A LITTLE MG MOUNT!!! Please un-foul this mistake. Or at least tweak the PPC's/ERPPC's for those of us who get irritated by the ridiculous and want to use the mech as intended.

#2 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:55 AM

+1, and look at the flame's quirks again please

#3 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:47 PM

I own two K2 and I am alternating the use of both them.

The PPC+AC5 configuration is far more effective than the ML+AC10 one, current quirks are improving the wrong one. The K2 and any other Catapult will never be a skirmisher, the CT is just too vulnerable. It is a half decent medium-long range support mech.

#4 Tedarin

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:47 AM

...and while they're at it, give us back the old ppc weapon arms!

Posted Image
Image taken from http://mwomercs.com/...-weapon-design/

#5 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:32 PM

Hear hear.

#6 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

Agreed.

#7 tangles 253

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:00 AM

no way known. the ballistic is the only thing that sets the k2's apart from the other catapults

here, put 2 ppc's and an lbx 10 with a xl300 mtr with lbx cool down mods and get back to me. the ppcs are there for its intended purpose- a med/long range support, and the lbx is for those annoying lights, in rapid-fire

i TOTALLY agree on the ppc barrels though....

#8 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:19 AM

Personally, I'd be very much against a change in favor of PPC's. As it stands, the K2 is the only variant that even has ballistic hardpoints. There are PLENTY of builds out there that use the AC/5, AC/10, AC/20, or gauss. I think the Jester is the variant that seems more suitable for the PPC quirks. And let's be honest, giving the K2 PPC quirks instead wouldn't make it suddenly more competitive.

#9 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostTedarin, on 09 November 2014 - 12:47 AM, said:

...and while they're at it, give us back the old ppc weapon arms!

Posted Image
Image taken from http://mwomercs.com/...-weapon-design/

omg, don't post pics like that, i forgot how ugly it is now compaired to the original and i i remembered it becouse of you :unsure:

#10 Zack Esseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 248 posts
  • LocationRith Essa

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:32 PM

There are a number of mechs that got quirks that leave you thinking what where they doing. BLR-1G missile quirk gets me. They are not done yet with the quirk pass. They are going to go through and tune it still. Hopefully they make changes away from bad mech quirks like the AS7-K PPC quirks and give them something more fitting.

Also, WHY REMIND US OF THE GOOD LOOKING K2 PPCS. Now I will have nightmares again.

#11 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:50 PM

i like the newer ppc barrels more than those short fat noses.
in fact. make those barrels warhammer-like long!

#12 Wibbledtodeath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:45 PM

Ballistic cooldown is perfect for the only catapult that has ballistic slots. Jester is and always has been the better ppc/Llas sniper and other mechs do smaller AC better.

K2 quirks totally met the brief. While I do enjoy K2 ppc sniping (with both ac5 or LLas to bolster ppc damage) and this remains viable and partly buffed by the K2's quirks- nonetheless big heat efficient ballistics backed up by 4 space efficient energy weapons is the K2's sweet spot.

Pre quirk I could consistently slay ppc or ERLlas armed K2's in a stationary shootout with my uac5 3ermlas kitfox due to hitbox disparity and heat. However, try that against AC10 or gausscats with more efficient smaller energy weapons and you evaporate quickly. Moreover, someone taking advantage of the great torso twist can spread damage to make the K2 into a reasonable knife fighter once ammo is depleted or for ac10 use- range boosts and duration reduction of lasers help with this style of fighting.
lovin the quirks.

#13 Chrithu

• Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:52 PM

I agree it should have gotten PPC quirks. But NOT in place of the one single ballistic quirk it has.

IT IS THE MLAS QUIRKS THAT ARE STUPID ON A K2 AND THEY NEED TO BE CHANGED TO PPC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 Chrithu

• Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:58 PM

View PostWibbledtodeath, on 11 November 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

Ballistic cooldown is perfect for the only catapult that has ballistic slots. Jester is and always has been the better ppc/Llas sniper and other mechs do smaller AC better.

K2 quirks totally met the brief. While I do enjoy K2 ppc sniping (with both ac5 or LLas to bolster ppc damage) and this remains viable and partly buffed by the K2's quirks- nonetheless big heat efficient ballistics backed up by 4 space efficient energy weapons is the K2's sweet spot.

Pre quirk I could consistently slay ppc or ERLlas armed K2's in a stationary shootout with my uac5 3ermlas kitfox due to hitbox disparity and heat. However, try that against AC10 or gausscats with more efficient smaller energy weapons and you evaporate quickly. Moreover, someone taking advantage of the great torso twist can spread damage to make the K2 into a reasonable knife fighter once ammo is depleted or for ac10 use- range boosts and duration reduction of lasers help with this style of fighting.
lovin the quirks.

I think no one would disagree that thanks to the quirks the AC 10 + MLAS and Gauss builds do work better now in the offense. In the defense they still suck compared to cataphracts or quickdraws.

But if I see the AWS-8Q in action and think back to closed beta or even other mechwarrior titles and remember how fun it was to use my K2 as a Sniper I become VERY jealous.

View PostGallowglas, on 11 November 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

... And let's be honest, giving the K2 PPC quirks instead wouldn't make it suddenly more competitive.

And when the AWS-8Q benefits and becomes more competitive with PPC quirks I don't see why the K2 would not???

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users