Yay For My Ac20 Mediums

13 replies to this topic

#1 HuskerUK

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 51 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:36 AM

I'm loving the quirks for my Wang and 4G, I can finally hit things again, the decease in muzzle velocity a few months back killed AC20 mechs. I just couldn't hit anything(I blame me for not adapting to that change) but now I'm rarely missing! +1 to the quirk system from me :)

Though I will say one thing, I don't think a lot of 'mechs needed ROF increases, neither my 4G or Wang did. I've not played much else since the patch but I see the TTK has dropped quite a bit, my feedback is mostly positive for the IS quirks but I would say roll back the ROF increase on some of the 'mechs

#2 QuantumButler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:40 AM

View PostHuskerUK, on 08 November 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

I'm loving the quirks for my Wang and 4G, I can finally hit things again, the decease in muzzle velocity a few months back killed AC20 mechs. I just couldn't hit anything(I blame me for not adapting to that change) but now I'm rarely missing! +1 to the quirk system from me :)

Though I will say one thing, I don't think a lot of 'mechs needed ROF increases, neither my 4G or Wang did. I've not played much else since the patch but I see the TTK has dropped quite a bit, my feedback is mostly positive for the IS quirks but I would say roll back the ROF increase on some of the 'mechs

And I say they were badly needed and we should keep them.

#3 HuskerUK

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 51 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:42 AM

View PostQuantumButler, on 08 November 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

Each to their own.

#4 Cygone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 454 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:00 AM

1AC/20 and 2ML without a RoF buff is no where near enough damage to be competitive.

It needs the RoF or its a dead Mech' again!

#5 HuskerUK

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 51 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:48 AM

View PostCygone, on 08 November 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

1AC/20 and 2ML without a RoF buff is no where near enough damage to be competitive.

Depends what you mean by competitive, if you mean the competitive meta then no and it never will, but if you mean just normal group/solo matches it was a good 'mech before the AC20 nerf, I would get between 400-1000 damage on a positive match(where I didn't get killed being stupid) pretty much every match, I think the RoF buff in lasers is fine but its main armament doesn't need it IMHO

#6 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,965 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:51 AM

Oh god do I love my 4G, LOVE IT!
BAM BAM BAM :D

#7 Pale Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

Quiet, you.

#8 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,965 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:16 PM

RESPECT THE HUNCH

#9 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:20 PM

My God, in a match last night, I was down right terrorized by a YLW.... I barely escaped with my life.

#10 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:21 PM

I say keep the quirks as they are, but lower overall rates of fire for base weapon stats. An overall cooldown pass has been needed for a long time, and the introduction of both level 5 cooldown modules and a plethora of cooldown quirks has made it more urgent than ever.

#11 UrsusMorologus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 616 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

View PostHuskerUK, on 08 November 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

View PostQuantumButler, on 08 November 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

It would be neat if we had different weapon suppliers with different characteristics and then people could choose for themselves

#12 Doctor Proctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 343 posts
  • LocationSouth Suburbs of Chicago, IL, USA

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:06 PM

So far I actually like the fire rate increase. One thing that you have to keep in mind is that other mechs have these weapons too, and a 4 second cooldown is right around the standard for a ton of weapons, so it's very easy to get into a scenario where you're trading blows every 4 seconds or so. When that happens with, say, an Atlas, you will lose every time simply because he's mounting the same AC/20 and 3xML (or 2xML) as you, plus more. The increased cooldown, however, means that you can put out 2 or 3 shots and still have time to torso twist or go back around around a corner before his second volley, thus getting a bit closer to an equal exchange of firepower if you're a good pilot that avoid a face to face stare contest.

Increases to cooldown also effectively mean an increase to heat as well, since you're not getting the same amount of time to bleed off heat between shots. This might reduce your effectiveness in a long term engagement, but you're a Medium mech, you shouldn't BE in a long term engagement because you don't have the armor for it. So again, this plays to what should be the strengths of the class, which is faster and more lightly armored flanker that can dish out damage over a short period, but can't keep up the sustained pounding that many Heavies and Assaults can. I think that's a good thing.

#13 HuskerUK

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 51 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:06 PM

View PostDoctor Proctor, on 08 November 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

I've actually found myself overheating a lot more in the Wang, so maybe that is balance

#14 Doctor Proctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 343 posts
  • LocationSouth Suburbs of Chicago, IL, USA

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:26 PM

View PostHuskerUK, on 08 November 2014 - 04:06 PM, said:

I've actually found myself overheating a lot more in the Wang, so maybe that is balance

Exactly, especially if you stack with a Cooldown module in addition to the buffs. Sure, you fire fast as hell, but in short bursts. Great for hit and run, but you still need to RUN or get your butt shot off.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users